1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have to sign Gerald Green and play Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

I agree with DD. I think Green has game and just needs to mature a bit. I bet he's in the Rocket's plans for this season or else I'm sure he would have signed with some team already. The Rockets talk about wanting to get more athletic, more height at the 2, well Green fits that bill. I'm really hoping he's on our Summer League Team.

Speaking of Brooks, I'm assuming he'll play in the Summer League?

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

The pickup of Donte Green sort of rules out Gerald Green coming back. As for Brooks, if they actually believe that, then they are setting themselves up for major disappointment. He's small and fast. He'll always be small and fast. Small and fast is OK, is very entertaining to watch but does not get you to the championship level in the West. But it's fun to watch...

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

I hope not. We know he'll dominate there. I'd rather see if they can get a pass first PG so the other guys have more of a chance to show themselves as well as given themselves the unlikely chance of unearthing a hidden gem at the point.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't think so at all, Gerald Green is a 2/3......Donte Green is a 3/4....and Gerald is more NBA ready right now that Donte is.....

The Rio Grande Vipers will be seeing a lot of Donte this year......at least according to Morey..

DD

5. mycmyc2003

mycmyc2003 Member

I really want Gerald Green's back.
    Maybe he is better than Luther
    train him,tell him what's the right thing to do
    and I believe he can help us
    with just few money

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Totally agree, sir.

And I am really anxious to see what Brooks can do this year......

DD

7. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Well here is the thing...If we sign Green then we have Greene and Green as out back up Swingmen and 2 gaurds.

If all the rumors are correct and that Morey is trying to deal for that third scorer than that player will most likely take the backup 2 gaurd spot or starting SF or backup SF.

Now Greene is allready slotted at backup SF. My guess is that it will be a backup SG or an upgrade over Battier. Green would create a logjam unless Battier was included in the trade which i don't think will happen.

8. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Nothing about Brooks strikes me as being a quality NBA starting point. I'd love to be wrong, but I can't picture him as anything but a backup.

9. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

Gerald Green doesn't have a competitive attitude. He's just a entertainment type player.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

That is an horrible excuse. He's an unproven young player, why would he be unmotivated to play for any Franchise.

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

Brooks is fast. Plays out of control. Can't finish that well and is erratic in his shooting. Maybe a lot of that is rookie jitters but he's been in the system long enough to figure it out by now. I have yet to be impressed with this guy's three point shooting and he was the NCAA 3 point shooting champion. Unless he can slow it down and play within himself dish the ball out shoot when necessary (ie like wide open) , yeah a few exciting plays here and there but he'll be an NBA scrub for years to come.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Is this like haiku for someone who can't count?

13. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

IF, we can't improve in other ways, we might as well bring him back. He does bring some things we don't have on the roster.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

How can you make that judgement after one year? Steve Nash looked like crap his first year...tons of good points look bad.....

I just think they guy has shown flashes....and the fact that Jason Kidd took him aside when he was playing against team USA, says a lot to me.

One year....ONE ROOKIE YEAR !!

How does Novak's shooting compare in his 2nd year to his rookie year? And PG is the hardest position to learn.

DD

15. cuddie

cuddie Member

Immaturity. Like a kid who stomps his feet and throws a tantrum when asked to do something he doesn't want to do. Hopefully that's changed though.

16. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Historically it takes PGs around 3 or 4 years to really show what they will be in the league. Its the hardest position to learn. You can't make assumptions about a guy who has played only 1 (and not even full) season.

17. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

He was 3pt champ becuase he can shoot. Once he gets his game adjusted to the NBA level he should regain his confidence. He really didn't play that much last year. I say load him up with minutes and see what happens. cant do worse than BJax

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Somehow, I think Brooks saved the rockets last season. Do you guys remember that, the rockets were not good in the first half of season, but after Adelman played Brooks, the rockets started to get better? Similarly, after the 22 winning streak, the rockets reached the bottom, then Brooks got some significant minutes again and the rockets started to win again. I think Brooks has some special abilities that the rockets really need, but because he is young and inexperience, he is inconsistent. I think the rockets should give him more playtime to develop him next season.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Sorry DD, not hating on you but I think the Gerald Green idea is a bad one. If he had that much potential someone else would have picked him up by now and he wouldn't keep getting dropped by all of these teams.

20. Laozi

Laozi Member

I like Brooks a lot and see him developing as being one of those instant offense guys off the bench(perennial 6th man candidate) but can't really see him starting unless he's next to a Brandon Roy type, but who knows? T.J. Ford is a starter in this league and he's less developed offensively with maybe a smidgen more potential defensively then Aaron.

As far as Green goes, I would love to see him on the Rockets, but I'm not sure we have space. I think its gonna come down to whether the Rockets value his potential and ability to finish around the rim over something like Novak's shooting or Mike Harris's versatility.

I will be disappointed a bit if Mike doesn't make it back, it'll mean no more "Oh, Mr. Harris, lip my stockings!!!" whenever he makes a play.