1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have to get rid of KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Lol they didn’t realize it went in
    so oblivious sometimes
    nothing has changed

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Elite first step, but has no ability to change speeds or direction so it is not really there yet.

Insane seperation? You mean on Defense where people get by him at will?

Unreal athleticism -- the playgrounds are littered with guys like that...Terrance Williams ring a bell?

Great shot - WHEN? WHERE???? He is shooting below NBA average

The rest sure ok, as for number 1 pick - that was not Green, and I think Mobley is a much better pick at 2 than Green - time will tell.

But Green is FAR FAR FAR from being an even DECENT NBA Player.

KIDS - SHEESH!!!....Oh but I saw him DUNK on the You TUBES!!!

Whooopppeeedeeeeefukkkkingggggdoooo.

DD

3. fattz

fattz Member

Porter going verbally going off is what kids do. He is not a leader, and that’s okay. He wants to win and have the ball in his hands to do so, and that is okay. Porter and Green’s skill set overlap, and that’s okay. We are asking more of Porter than he is able to give, that is okay, too.

The system and game plan didn’t work, that is a concern. The team lacks leadership, that’s a concern. The team culture is toxic, that’s a concern. That is not on Porter.

Silas I am looking at you

Verbal Christ likes this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not worried in the slightest about Jalen Green.

KPJ however remains very much an enigma. I did see some things I liked last night in the minutes he played, and those turnovers are dropping. I would really like to see Silas stop the twin-Centers BS that 50% of Clutchfans wanted last year. CHRISTIAN WOOD IS A CENTER AND A CENTER ONLY. We have ZERO SPACING!!! PLAY THE SHOOTERS! F THE DEFENSE!

Bo6 and vator like this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Agreed.

I've said it a couple of times already.

His attitude is horrendous. Will never feature in a winning organisation. So saying that he's right where he belongs. Unfortunately.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

They don't have to try too hard. Jalen doing all the work for that himself. Might be the thing he's most efficient at.

tycoonchip likes this.
  7. Sengun

Sengun Member

No need to get rid of him. Knowing that he will not be a superstar, it is necessary to make him a useful bench scorer and, if possible, minimize his ball using. He can be a good backup shooting guard. Expecting him to be a playmaker is a waste of time and it hurts him.

8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Thanks for the behind the scenes thread OP! One thing you forgot to mention was that KPJ was 100% correct in screaming what he screamed. Those are words a real coach should have been screaming too!!! Instead everyone else sat silently (and ridiculously no timeout) while their freaking Center dribbled the ball coast to coast against multiple defenders. Kudos for one player recognizing the “@&$show out of control stupidity that took place on that last play of the game. None of that occurs if the coach does the job he is paid to do and call a timeout to calm down the kids. If u have LeBron or Michael bringing the ball up I understand not using a timeout….if you have a 2 on 4 fastbreak with Wood and Tate you are a moron for not calling a timeout and the results acted out accordingly.

DaDakota and fattz like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

so kjp and green is like a malnutritioned, destitute president cj & dame, but with much worse defense and nba experience.

10. fattz

fattz Member

Silas couldn’t handle Wall. Now Wall is a bad guy for not coaching/talking to a kid that doesn’t want to hear him. Wall was removed from the situation probably after probably telling Silas how to coach. Every vet that could be moved was less House (personal reasons). Now the younger players are having problems, too.

I say all this because Porter is a problem but not the “root”. He is only doing what he is able to do. Yes Porter is out of line but where, how, and who draws the line?

11. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

i dont want to trade him just yet. but i can see him to be in a jordan clarkson mold and flourish in that type of role. let him run wild for a given period, except during winning time. that would simplify everything for him and not put too much undue pressure, knowing he is not a franchise cornerstone-type of talent the team is built around.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

What's Silas' offensive system again?

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This guy is not a point guard.

Crashlanded19 and Hank McDowell like this.
  14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He has multiple incidents over multiple years and teams at some point he is who he is.

15. BonziWellsGOAT

NOOOO BRO!!! I saw a CF scout make a Lou Williams comp that's Green's ceiling bro! How can you be so blind???? A guy on CF said so!!!! Sound the alarm!!!!

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t know what you guys are watching. KPJ is playing great defense, his turnovers are going down, he is making great progress. It’s been 10 games with an absolutely brutal schedule. I suspect we will start seeing some victories at home and by mid-season we will be competitive on the road. My only real concern right now is Silas, who doesn’t seem to have control of this team.

DaDakota and mikenm268 like this.
  17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

one of the biggest reasons I hated letting go of Kelly Olynkyk. He seemed like he had a great rapport with KPJ.

DaDakota likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, he's a combo guard, but 7 assists in 27 minutes is pretty good

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If anything KPJ hopefully made us all appreciate Harden a little bit more. You can have all of his raw skills, size, etc. but so much of what makes him great is just simply being able to perform at a high level every night in an efficient manner. It's just so hard to do what Harden does nightly and NOT have like 20 turnovers, and shoot a historically terrible shooting percentage.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ hasn't shown any improvement from last year and if anything, has regressed. I say give him this year since we're tanking anyway, and if he doesn't show signs of improvement by the end of the year then probably time to give up.

As for Green, suggesting we should get rid of him ten games into his career is insane lmao. Sheesh at least wait until he's the age of a college senior. He's shown more than enough flashes at this point.

Haymitch and RudyTBag like this.