1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have to get rid of KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Nov 7, 2021.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

It is pretty obvious to me that KPJ is a combo guard/shooting guard who can distribute and not a true point guard right now. The question then becomes what to do about that fact. If the Rockets were looking to win now or even next season then I would agree that moving KPJ to the 3 or to the bench would be the play. But I think '23-'24 is the timeline at the earliest. For that reason I am content to let KPJ play through this.

What I envision for KPJ is a role similar to Ron Harper's role on the Bulls and, later, Lakers: use his size and length to be a good perimeter defender and serve as a secondary initiator and a tertiary scorer. I still see him as a potential 20/6/6 guy in the near future.

D-rock, peleincubus, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  2. csc177

csc177 Member

KPJ was never a future piece. And to think he was the next coming of Harden as a PG was comical. He's talented as hell...yes...but so was Darius Miles, Michael Beasley and so many others. All the skill in the world but couldn't figure it out UPSTAIRS between the ears.

This team when it finally becomes contenders in a few years will look totally different.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. This team still doesn't have a franchise caliber player. Hopefully one is available in next year's draft. Once you get a franchise caliber player, you build around them, so if/when the Rockets get a player like that, the team will start to take shape.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is what happens when there is no leadership on the floor.

DD

fattz and csc177 like this.
  5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I was all for moving him back to a wing position, but I don’t think that’s going to work. I don’t think his ego can handle it.

But It’s not just that he’s a terrible fit at pg, even if he accepted a move to the wing he hasn’t shown to be a good enough scorer, shooter, passer or decision maker. Doesn’t matter what position he plays. He’s just not been a very good basketball player.

I don’t know what they need to do with him but Silas needs to figure it out.

Crashlanded19, PeterKingX and cheke64 like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If that's how you feel about KPJ, how do you feel about the worst player on the team getting serious minutes, Jalen Green?

You must REALLY be ready to give up on him. He's the only player that makes KPJ look serviceable by comparison.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

These Mobley fans were all about KPJ running the point guard show. Now they're putting in overtime to bring Jalen Green down

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nonsense, Jalen Green is putting in overtime to bring Jalen Green down.

His ridiculous fans are latching on to the 2nd worst player on the team to shield their guy from well deserved criticism.

9. Rockets4Life13

You've put what feels like 10 comments in this thread trying to shift the conversation to Jalen Green but nobody is taking your bait so you're starting to quote people directly, eagerly awaiting a response to finally give you the attention you're so desperately seeking.

That's pathetic, even for your abysmally low standards.

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You legitimately hate Green lol. It's blatantly obvious. Also, KPJ isn't playing any better this year btw. That's just biased.

houston19519 likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What's pathetic is attacking the 2nd worst player on the team to try and prop up the worst.

I'm just showing how laughably ridiculous the Jalen Green simps are being right now.

It's not news that both the Rockets young starting guards are playing poorly, but the Green fans dogpiling KPJ to try and deflect from how terrible their kid has been is not something that should go unchallenged.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No. I don't "hate" any of the Rockets. I'm also not a fanboi of any of them individually.

I'm a basketball fan, a Rockets fan.

Green has been the worst player on the roster getting serious minutes this season.....yet his fans are constantly attacking anyone and everyone to make excuses for it or to prop him up. They throw tantrums about how he's not getting enough shots even when he leads the team in shot attempts. They whine that he's not on the court late even when he's the worst player to step foot on the court that game,

If I "hate" anyone, it's the ridiculous fnabois. I didn't like the Jeremy Lin version, I don't like the Jalen Green version.

13. Mattician

Mattician Member

I'm not ready to give up on Porter yet. But I'm also not saying he needs to 100% be part of the Rockets' future either. He can still get better and learn how to be an efficient PG. If it doesn't work out, I wouldn't be upset.

14. Ghost5Horse6

Ghost5Horse6 Member

If we can get a second round pick, do it.

15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I'm for it if we can get a real PG in return. It would benefit Green and Sengun.

whag00 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you could have ignored it.. we were so close. you took the bait, @Rockets4Life13.. he got you, lol

[​IMG]

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I’d rather have Tyus Jones then KPJ

ilias, Crashlanded19 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets in a bad situation. KPJ just said the Rockets saved his life. How are they going to look if they let him go now? uh oh. Did he really scream "pass me the ball?" oh my goodness.

If Rockets had veteran leadership KPJ and Wood would not be acting out this way. I remember Wood was just happy to be on the same floor with Harden.. now this guy is out here saying he wants to be more involved in the offense with his "I'ma bring the ball up with 10 seconds left" having ass.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Concerning thing he is not good enough at passing.

His scoring is not consistent enough either.

It's good enough to win 25 games a season or less as of now.

Green struggling at the same time does not make the whole situation better.

You need a vocal guy down there like a younger PJ Tucker or Donkey, a guiding voice on the court so to speak.

#39 daywalker02, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I do think you will have to get rid of KPj or Green at some point as they are the same type of players.

Both need the ball - both are shoot first, both can get to the rim easily, both are in each others way right now.

Either KPj can slide to the SF role and Green to the SG, with a proper PG in place, or they will constantly get in each others way of development and success.

DD