1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have the 4th best record...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Feb 24, 2009.

1. nerdyyatrice

nerdyyatrice Member

That's something, it's one thing to think that way the other to post it.

2. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

:cool:
    ----------------------------
    Let some games get away this year...Roy's last second shot, Pacers, at NY (w/out yao), Kobe's last few seconds, Celtics.
    -----------------------------
    Should be a good game tonight...This is our second look against a +.500 team with these set of guys.

3. nerdyyatrice

nerdyyatrice Member

Sorry to be annal, can u define .500+ team? Is it the team was winning when we played against it or the team is winning when u calcualte? I can see how u do the second version but seems to me the first one is more accurate.

4. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

but those losses agianst the lakers and hawks were without mcgrady and ARTEST

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It is whatever NBA.com defines it as.

We are 17-8 against 500+ teams

we are 18-13 against teams that are > .500

6. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

But we have the worst record against .500- teams among these teams ;)

7. Ashes

Ashes Member

Obviously?

8. HookemHorns1250

Scola is bailing us out right now..

9. HookemHorns1250

Oops, wrong thread lol.

10. TForThree

TForThree Member

I'm sure if TMac didn't bother playing at the beginning we would have at least the fourth best record against all other teams.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'd rather beat the good teams. If you have to take your losses somewhere, do it where you can make up excuses for it (a.k.a. we're not consistent, we need to learn to play with heart game in game out, t-mac was on our team against the cupcakes, etc etc). When you can beat the big boys (like @Bos, @Orl, against San, twice against Utah, etc) then that tells you that your team has a higher ceiling that it has yet to approach.

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

lol game still goin on we dont know about?

13. alcatrazpsycho

Hey now, hey now. I happily attend TAMU and... well... I thought that was funny. :D :D

14. bronxfan

bronxfan Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

Yeah the number of home vs away games in each group had nothing to do with it. It was all T-Mac's fault :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

15. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I don't think we'll end up higher than 5th seed IF we can make the playoff. LA obviously will be 1st, the Spurs probably will end up as the 2nd seed. With the way the Suns is playing, they probably will be the 3rd seed, and you add Denver as the 4th as the division leader.

My guess is that Jazz & Hornets will be 5th & 6th seeds, that will leave the Rockets to fight for one of the two remaining seeds with the Blazers and the Mavs. The Blazers' young legs will prove to be a fact down the line, end up as the 7th seed, the Mavs will drop out, and the Rockets will get the last playoff spots.

16. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I estimate that we need 48 wins to make the playoffs. That means we need to go 12-13 in the remaining games.

HCA probably needs 52 wins. That means we need to go 16-9 in the remaining games. If we continue to play well, HCA is possible; however, it probably isn't very likely right now.

17. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

Slim chance the Sun's will catch us. They are 3 and a half games behind. We have a better chance of passing up the nuggets and catching the spurs then the Sun's have in catching up to us.

18. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

What makes it not very likely??

16 - 9?? I don't think that is too out of our reach. Even though we have a tough schedule after this month I'll think 16 - 9 can be accomplished, especially the D this team has been playing of late.

19. newengland

newengland Member

sorry for being debbie downer...I can only think of how we played clippers, grizzliers, bucks and such...pathetic

20. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be happy if we went 16-15 in the playoffs (although that would be after recovering from an MI).