1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Got Eric Snow!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rich_argh, Jan 1, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliJaan15

AliJaan15 Member

The Rockets suck..wat are la jvg and cd thinkin...sura i think is doin pretty good..he might be like the most consistent player on the team..t mac and yao cant do anythin..Yao had 10 points against the Bucks..this is such a joke because the bucks have no center..how can we beat the bucks without yao but we cant win with him..fire jvg and find a new coach..im getting pissed off..i watch all the games every season and this is the first season that i havent watched 1 full game..our game pace is so slow..we dont get any fast break points or anythin..we are tradin every1 on our team away...biggest trade of the season is jj..i love that guy..wesley had 2 points in his debut and he is older than jj...if jvg has a problem with any of our players he should sort it out..because of his selfishness we traded jj and boki...the rockets like getting older for some reason..last season when we traded norris for weatherspoon..that turned out to be a good trade like after a week and then weatherspoon sucked..the whole orlando rocket trade..juwan howard sucks..we traded 2 young players who are doing so good in orlando..actually make that 3..ionno wats happenin but the rockets need 2 get this figured out..both of the best sg in the league which are kobe and tmac..there teams arent doin well..and also im happy im not a laker fan cause they arent doin so good with the big trade they made

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing worse than bogus trade rumors cluttering up the GARM is posters that don't bother to read the entire thread before they post their spewing bile towards the Rockets for a trade that hasn't happened and CAN'T happen. Please someone lock this thread.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Can we lock this garbage please.

DD

4. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Did you hear it from the radio or did you read it from another board?

5. Yaowaming

Yaowaming Contributing Member

What a joke!!!!! lock this thread and rich_argh is not a contributing member, please make him pay for starting this s-h-i-t!!!!!!

6. rvpals

rvpals Member

I think this is a bad trade for Rox because just look at the way Sura played and Snow played this season.

7. Yaowaming

Yaowaming Contributing Member

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'm worried this thread hasn't been locked yet. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Maybe Clutch tied one on last night, and hasn't had a chance to see this yet.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Here's an idea:

Screw this whole Eric Snow garbage and just give Cleveland a 2nd round pick for Dajuan Wagner and end these Cleveland-Houston trade "rumors."

10. Charvo

Charvo Member

Luke Jackson was a 1st round draft pick, and this guy was drafted because he can shoot. The Cavs basically gave up last season's draft pick to trade Snow's contract.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am sure there are only seconds until this thread gets locked. Hopefully

But, let me say, the Rockets are not going to want Snow unless they can deal Juwan Howard. Their contracts are similar. But even with that said, I dont see what getting Snow does that Sura can't do right now. Snow's biggest limitation is his poor shooting. That is the same as Sura. But Sura brings us a bigger guard and someone that can rebound better. We got Wesley so we got another "ball handler" to add to Sura in the backcourt. Again, I dont see where Snow helps us.

More than anything in the posted trade scenario, we would make the move more to acquire the "throw in" in Luke Jackson as a young player that can be another ASSET to the team. But I am not sure him being thrown in justifies adding another large contract without giving one back out.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I got a feeling that rich_argh may not be posting here in the future.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

So I get a New Year's Day present, then! Woo-hoo!

Rich -- ARGH!!!

14. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok - true or not, here's my take on the trade proposal.

GOOD TRADE FOR ROX

I'd be more than willing to do that deal. I'd be excited to get a lotto guy like LUKE JACKSON. Snow - simple - don't let him shoot 3s. He can do his job inside the arc. This is a guy that can bring the ball up and dump it off without turnover, then play defense on the other side. Fine. I'd be really happy with that for career bench guys like Sura and Padgett. Think, people. Snow's contract is something we can swallow to take a chance on Jackson. Snow is perfectly functional for us.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I would rather swallow the large contract for someone like Chandler or Swift than Jackson. Jackson MAY be a good player eventually. He may be a Wally Z type player. I dont know.

But keep this in mind. Jackson is getting ZERO time off the bench in Cleveland and they are LOOKING for an outside shooter. Silas is a defensive coach. What makes us think that Jackson would get ANY time in Houston with JVG considering how Nachbar was handled?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.