1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Got Eric Snow!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rich_argh, Jan 1, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well I don't want Rich banned either. I was just making a comment about how terrible I think this trade would be.

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

Hmm.....

3. Got Em

Got Em Member

Thank god this is just a hoax...I was gonna go piss on CD myself.

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Hmm.....

5. superden

superden Contributing Member

well hopefully it isnt true so i can sleep better tonight.

6. Got Em

Got Em Member

Well, Eric Snow is washed up and Luke Jackson just sucks my left nut...so this trade wouldn't go through even by CD's standards.

7. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Then this whole thread is BS, because Padgett signed a one year deal which, when completed, gives him Early Bird rights. The CBA won't allow a player to be traded in this scenario.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#79

79. If a sign-and-trade is not used, when can a team trade a free agent it signs? Do they have to keep him forever?

A player cannot be traded until three months after signing a contract or December 15th of that season, whichever is later. If the player is playing under a one-year contract and will have Larry Bird or Early Bird rights at the end of the contract, he can't be traded at all.

I guess this effectively kills this thread.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

What in the world is going on with this team? I'm starting to lose hope fast.

Go Rockets?

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

this trade proposal is so obviously bogus. dunleavy is their franchise player. they wouldn't him up for so little. they got rid of mussellman because he and dunleavy couldn't get along.

11. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Rox is crazy.:(

12. Roc Paint

What players get along with Grumpy?

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I think i'm gonna puke. sura alone is 2 time the player snow is!:mad:

14. Roc Paint

And Rudy was 10 times the coach.

15. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Luke Jackson has only played in one game this year... Sounds like JVG's kind of guy!

16. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Man so far so good, I really dont want this trade to go down. I thought after watching tonights game we are already starting to build our chemistry together. The front office just needs to sit back for a few weeks and see how the team does before making more trades. If Snow were to come here though I would welcome him here and cheer him on like the true Rockets fan that I am. ;)

17. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

God this thread seriously pissed me the f*** off. Not what I need to see after an awesome game tonight. Posting rumors off of freaking ESPN.COM's MESSAGE BOARD DOES NOT EQUAL CREDIBLE SOURCE!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyway. nothing to see here people. Sura/Padgett/Taylor/Barrett are still Rockets. Happy New Year, and let's root on the Texans this sunday so all of Houston can be .500 :p.

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

20. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well it looks like EVERY forum has some trolls of that nature that posted unsolicited rumours just saying "Oh I heard it over the WFAN, KFAN or ESPN radio" but WITHOUT any other solid proof.

There is also a guy by the name of Ming_7_6 over there in Yao Mania of ClubYao, notoriously famous for doing such troll postings. He just did one on Eric Snow with exactly the same "facts" as listed by rich_argh today there.

Geeeeez maybe those radios have "exclusive" programs for these guys. How come there are no reports/articles about this possible trade elsewhere in the NBA.com, Yahoo Sports, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, ESPN sports and not many posters have heard it in the radios ???:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.