1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WE are the YOUNGEST TEAM in the NBA. It is just the beginning of the journey!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mgraye2969, Apr 28, 2013.

1. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

We are not supposed to be in the playoffs right now, but we are.

We are not supposed to be in close games with the second best game in the NBA right now, but we fu****** are.

There is nothing to be mad about right now, yes we have lost some close games, but in reality we were not even supposed to challenge the Thunder. We have a team that in a couple of years will be contending for the Western Conference Title. No reason to get down or mad right now, this is the beginning of something great, we will be raising that Larry O'Brien trophy in a couple years with Harden and (insert Super Star) at the helm taking care of the Durant's and Joey Crawford's of the league with legit team basketball domination.

This is just the beginning of the rebuilding process, we will be raising that championship trophy in the HTown real soon, just be patient and appreciate the process of being the youngest team in the NBA and recognize that within the next couple of years we will be bringing that trophy home.

/Rant

Hate on me or do whatever, I just felt like it had to be said.

Oh and just so this wasn't a complete waste of time for some of you heres Jessica Alba.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Good post. We're a young team. Give them a couple more years at the very minimum.

3. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Jessica Alba got cakes.

4. sefril

sefril Member

YES! whatever the series result, this will be our first of many playoffs with this young and exciting team (although my homerism glass predict that we will steal 2 wins from OKC).. we will be back again next year! with a vengeance!

*oh btw, Jessica Alba sure is a hottie indeed.. :D

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

For real though, I mean right now in the present moment you can't help but be a little upset after the kind of come back we had tonight. But at the same time when you look at the bigger picture, we have loads of cap room and a solid core to build around to make a legit championship contender. It actually is quite comforting looking at the possibilities that are in the near future for our Rockets. At the very least we actually have the hope of turning into one of the top 5-8 teams in the NBA.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm just sitting here on Canyon Lake, watching the lightning, but now I'm staring at that clip up there. Nice.

8. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

My bad, I guess I was going from earlier in the season before we had made the trade for Garcia and signed Brooks, but yeah other than GSW we are the only ones that have a legit shot a building a championship contender.

9. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

I appreciate the Jessica Alba gif.

My personal goal for this team is to fight hard against the title contender OKC every single game, and so far this team has done so sans game 1. So even if the Rockets get swept, as long as they go down fighting I'm happy with that.
    I'm just more interested in the off-season for this incomplete team.

10. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

:cool: I just got the thought of what I would rather have, a night with Jessica Alba, or a championship for the Houston Rockets.

....After much thought I would go with the Rockets. Just the amount of joy it would bring to Rockets fans and the ability to talk trash to Jazzholes, Lakers, Spurs, Thunder fans, etc. is worth way more than doing beautiful things with the amazing Jessica Alba.

11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Overall, this has been a very good season. It is very rare that GM's can completely tear up a roster, yet be so sucesfull. I mean we really could have won this series against a number 1 seed had things gone our way! This team still has a ton of room to grow, as not a single one of our starters had started a full season before this year, and our bench is just as inexperienced yet we still made the playoffs.

Tons of potential, tons of cap space, so young, so many possibilities. There are many reasons to be optimistic if you are a Rockets fan right now. Very proud of the team.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think the main reason everyone is pissed right now is not because we expected Houston to win the series or anything like that... but because OKC have been complete douchebags to us for no reason at all.

Ibaka calling us selfish.
    Perk calling out Houston fans.
    Beverley getting death threats.
    KD and Perkins taking cheap shots at our players.

I want revenge. Karma needs to kick in, but I think it already did since it took Westbrook out of the playoffs.

13. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Thunder are absolutely my least favorite team in the NBA right now. My hate for Westbrook roots back to his spat with Dragic last year, Perkins is an ass, Ibaka is an ass, KD is loosing a bit of that nice guy image every day.

14. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

100% agree with you. I have some real hate right now for the whole Thunder organization except for KD I can do nothing but respect that man. I would love nothing more to whoop the living sh#8 out of this Thunder team, but I also just felt like we needed a thread pointing out the beautiful upside that we have for the coming years. With time we will get our revenge, we will get to shut up these cocky suns of bitc^$ and become the new kings of the West.

15. Rox23

Rox23 Member

This thread is what is known as "making excuses".

We're the youngest team in the NBA--so we should be glad that we lost two games in a row which we should have won and got swept by an OKC team with no Russell Westbrook!

Last year we were glad that we didn't make the playoffs and dumped Goran Dragic and Luis Scola and Kyle Lowry because this meant we got to draft Jeremy Lamb!

Next year we'll be glad that we got swept by the Thunder for a second year in a row because we're anyhow learning!

Yeah, learning to lose.

Sorry, i'm just pissed off that the Rockets lost. This was a bad loss, and so don't try to plant flowers on it and throw sunshine at it because a bad loss is a bad loss. The Rockets choked at the end of the season too, losing to Phoenix and LA. They need to show more heart!

1 person likes this.
  16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

We've got a long ways to go is what this series is telling us. We definitely need to upgrade our 2nd and 3rd best players, and if Harden can be bumped down to the 2nd or 3rd best then all the better.

17. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Couldn't have said it better myself.

18. Reach

Reach Member

Mother of God...

[​IMG]

19. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

You're trying too hard it's coming off as brainwashing :)

20. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

could have picked a better pic of Jessica Alba.