1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are the most disrespected team in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Apr 29, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brother,

this is not our generation talking. Our generation is the one with Clutch. This generation is the Kim Kardasian / Bruce Jenner / Drake / Justin Beiber /Taylor Swift generation who want media attention more than anything else.

Our generation is Tupac and Hakeem and Shania Twain.

1 person likes this.
  2. theredbackpack

i was reading this "funny" playoffs power rankings article on a "funny" website about men's fashion (the name rhymes with more pens) and the power rankings were based on things like "swag," city location, team aesthetic, etc, and for the rockets, the blurb was "**** the rockets." like, what? even on this joke website the hate was real. people say "don't let it bother you" but i love basketball and i love reading about basketball and thinking about basketball and basically no outlet is safe from pure hate, except here. it's frustrating.

3. House of Pain

House of Pain Member

I think everyone who is complaining about the lack of respect clearly was not alive for the last time the Rockets won the championship. I'm not saying that we are going to win the finals, but anyone who was old enough remembers that the media hated us and basically rooted against us the whole time. Even Sports Illustrated refused to give us our "special edition" after giving every team for the last 15-20 years their own edition. #Houston4Houston

4. DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior Member

5. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I'm surprise people still watch First Take. As if any of their opinion matters.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

[​IMG]

We should embrace it instead

1 person likes this.
  7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

pretty sure they both picked Mavs against us

all you need to know really

8. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Shania Twain <3

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I feel good no matter what others say

10. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Trey kirby, I feel like the starters are just fine with the rockets to be honest with maybe the exception of Leigh Ellis

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Skip hates the rockets so what else is new? That guy doesn't even watch basketball.

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

First Take is hilarious. Don't take them too seriously and enjoy their banter.

Skip will always root for the Spurs and the Cowboys. That's his thing. "Well, Stephen A, let me say this..."

SAS is generally more objective than Skip. But that isn't saying much.

Bottom line: it's pure entertainment. You want analysis, head over to Grantland and read Lowe or Goldsberry

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

They said Mavs was going to beat us in 6.

Granted, we do have James Harden, Dwight, Josh Smith on our team. They believed Chandler Parsons was going to have a break out postseason versus us. So... take their opinion with a grant of salt.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Astros are tearing up the AL West right now...on the heels of being down for so long. Makes for a great story, right? Well apparently not to ESPN.

This is a Houston thing.

Grantland will compliment the Rockets. But all the compliments are backhanded.

Embrace it. It makes it feel better when the parade happens in the streets downtown.

1 person likes this.
  15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Grantland will also insult the Rockets, and those insults will be front handed.

16. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

He always called Parsons "Parsons Chandler"

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, all this media talk makes me remember when nobody outside of Houston fans wanted the Rockets to beat the Knicks in 94... Hell most of the media outlets were set on Ewing and the Knicks, think about it... the oj chase took priority. I don't really give a **** about the media as long as our team keeps proving them wrong... I'll be happy. I don't need talking heads who sometimes can't even name our roster (outside of the top 3 guys) discussing meaningless bull**** on first take.

Anyway the Rockets have never gotten much love unless you think about Yao bringing in a lot additional fans with him... Hell Hakeem had to make people/media aware how special he was, if Hakeem played on the Celtics/LAL (thankfully he didn't), he'd probably be on more people's top lists, especially since he did it at both ends of the court.

18. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Honestly the national media respect for teams is just right where it should be. The spurs have given them no option other than to give respect, they are just good year in and year out, won multiple championships. The warriors went off and won 67 games this year, so they are getting their due respect. The clippers have doubters but more respect to them than the rockets because they have gotten to the 2nd round at least in the recent years. National media will always doubt the rockets no matter who is on our team because we just have not had any success in the playoffs in so long. If we make a deep run to the western conference finals, you will see the respect level go up a tad next year. If we are out in the 2nd round, I doubt you will see a change. The national media is reactive.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think they're scared to acknowledge that they were DEAD WRONG when they said Mavs in 6, or whatever their predicted number was.

So instead of talking about how their pick was so bad (ie how good the Rockets were), they try to recoup their losses by talking about how good other teams are.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Barkley is such a b**** lol

On TNT when the crew was looking at their playoff brackets point system Charles said " It's alright i'm still going with the clips the next round, ITS JUST HOUSTON! "