1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are the best in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Agent27, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Agent27

Agent27 Member

I just wanted to announce that my band, Secret Agent 8 , won the award for "Best Horn/Horn Section" given out at the Houston Press Music Awards.

In the past I had asked for help from this BBS to win contests.

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48526
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49166

But I decided not to do that this time. I didn't even hit up my friends to go vote for us. I didn't want to get people to vote for us who had never heard us play. That just makes this award so sweet, knowing that we won without begging everyone we know and don't know to vote for us.

The point of this thread? I'm just happy and excited and wanted to share. :cool:

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Congrats, and welcome back to the board.

3. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

How did you get 27 from 8? And don't tell me 1-26 was taken...

4. Agent27

Agent27 Member

Well everybody who has been in the band has an "Agent #." The band is Secret Agent 8 so the first Agent was Agent 9. I am Agent 27. The band currently consists of Agents 9, 10, 16, 17, 24, 27, and 29. We have 14 ex-members. I don't think anybody else in the band really cares. I just thought that since I am Agent 27 that that would make a cool screen name.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I thought Eddie Griffin was a cool screen name.