1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Are Clutch CIty

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Angkor Wat, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Its a pity, to be in a situation so *hitty

We been here before, We Are Clutch City

Ok It may not be the same team

Couple things missing, mailnly a Dream

Hell we even been up 2-0 on the road

Coming home, we know how that story unfolds

Season isnt over, two games left

Sky's still blue like Walter White's Meth

A lot to overcome for us to succeed

But like we did before, we all must Believe

We Are Clutch City

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

No we are SUCK City

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

You mean CHOKE City?

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Something deep down in me tells me to still believe but I am having a hard time trying to come up with a reason as to why. My heart believes we can still win but my brain is telling me otherwise. I am still so ****ing pissed off about last night.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

There's no reason to even bring up Hakeem.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That was nearly 20 years ago. There is nothing linking those teams to this team except Les and Les had very little to do with those teams since he just bought the team.

7. conquistador#11

we had a once in a lifetime player back then, carl amigo herrera.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Mario Elie, Sam Cassell, Otis Thorpe, Vernon Maxwell, Robert Horry, Carl Herrera and even Charles Jones would eat these little wussies for breakfast. Those guys had heart, played with toughness and urgency, and if they made a mistake they weren't going to go back and make the same exact mistake right after.

9. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

That's how most of us feel

10. Progs

Progs Member

:grin::cool::grin:

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

When we came back against the Suns in 95, it wasn't that big a surprise because the 2 home losses were flukes and we were clearly the better team.

Nothing fluky about the last 2 games. We have been out-coached every minute of both games, and there's really no reason to think it won't continue over the weekend.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We still have the chance to be clutch... it's a decision and a action. Clutch or Choke baby!!!

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Rudy T was a hell of a coach too.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Umm do you remember the NBA saying that game 1 should have been howard AT THE LINE not portland?

Rockets were up 13 in game 1 btw, l;ost lead to a lame ass hack a howard strategy (lame and fluky too) got bit by a bad call that the NBA admitted (pretty much as fluky as you can get) aldridge is playing in god mode (sure he scores a lot against rockets but fluky in terms of what the average is) and it's only 2 games in a 7 game series. yet all is lost, mcfail blah blah.

I know it's not the best situation but come on you make it sound like we were torched by 40 in both games.

Everyone is quick to pile on with their own agendas and this is the most negative fan base I have ever seen. I would hate to be in a foxhole with 80% of you. We don't deserve 2nd round with this fan base and mentality anyway. Sounds like you have already conceded to portland 2 games in? nice job houston fans.

15. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

He's not in the HoF though. We should get him back, what is he still doing as a scout for the LAKERS?

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol i tried to inject a little bit of positivity in this thread in a day of gloom

well that didn't exactly go as planned :grin:

17. rocketsmetalspd

As a die hard fan I have not doubt the team will bounce back and win the next two in Portland. I have seen the Rockets in the past playoffs win two in SA only to lose the next two in H-Town or win two in Dallas and lose the next two in H-Town, so I am hopeful the past can be repeated by the Rockets.

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It would help if we had a coaching staff that could make adjustments and not just roll the ball out there every game and think we can just show up and win games.