1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We all love Bill, Bull and Clyde, but what about Craig?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownbandit, Mar 23, 2013.

1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Joel Bank is a badass.

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I like Ackerman a lot. He's got that new trendy voice that seems to cater to the college demographic. Sometimes I envision how he would sound many years down the road when my future kids listen to the games

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I've spent little time listening to the radio but I do listen to Rocketscast every week.

Craig Ackerman is the future of Rockets broadcasting. The guy has great analytical skills and is devoted to his work(as well as Jason Friedman).

I truly hope Ackerman becomes Bill Worrell's replacement, when that time comes

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I thought that was Peter Griffin commentating
    [​IMG]

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Tommy Heinsohn should choose his friends wisely..

[​IMG]

No wonder why he's so grumpy.

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Yikes. My bad.

1 person likes this.
  7. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Ackerman and Bill rule. Bullard's good too. Clyde's kind of a dummy.

8. sean joh

sean joh Member

actually they are above average, not bias~ ;)
    they may not all time in a professional mode, but I love the "talk whatever you want" atmosphere, pretty family enjoyable , suitable to all the level of basketball fans

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'm not in Houston so don't listen to Houston radio. And don't listen to the radio feeds online.

I think the 3 man crew is a decent setup. Worrell is the professional cagey vet. Bullard chimes in with some color commentating and humor. Drexler adds lighthearded randomness close enough to basketball as the foil.

None of them overlap each other or try to dominate the talk so their chemistry is decent.. Drexler seems to know his role (or doesnt know, thats part of the charm)

Though Ackerman isnt gonna get as much love as the predecessors because they were in a more radio-reliant era than we are now. (Excluding Comcast deals now not offering any video to locals pushing people back to radio). Good thing with sports is you don't need to look at commentators but you still need their voices, so they will always be a place for audio only calls.

10. rainjacket

rainjacket Member

I have league pass and I think the vast majority of the local TV crews are just terrible; Houston's commentators are among the only ones that I like. New York Knicks are good too. The worst is probably New Orleans

I don't really like the Houston radio/podcast guys personally

11. jocar

jocar Member

holymoly. what did you do, scan the poster off your wall?

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The radio team got into a weird tangent on monocles on Friday, it was kinda awkward.

13. tonyrt

tonyrt Member

Don't care too much for GSW crew, especially their sideline guy, Buchner. IMO Mike Breen and Walt "Clyde" Frazier are the best. And of course the Golden Throat is the GOAT

14. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

Thank you thank you thank you. Finally some true objective analysis about one of the worst broadcast teams in the entire nba.

Bill Worrell is a shameless, biased, conceited, dishonest homer i have ever witnessed. On the level of tommy Heihnson. Ever since calvin left, he has gone out of control with his ridiculous incorrect analysis and utterly disgusting bias for the rockets. I understand he's with the rockets, buy my god how about some semblance of honesty and objectivity?

Worrell has overstated his duties which is play by play by always offering analysis all the time. Almost always incorrect. He is very disrespectful to the opposing team by always calling calls against opposing team's players WHILE THEY ARE MAKING A MOVE!!!!

You guys should read the game threads of some teams we play who watch worrell and company. They cant believe the level of homerism displayed by our guys.

Its annoying and its disrespectful and utterly disingenuous. Even his forced made up phrases like "chandler bangs!" or "CP25" "HEY BUD LETS PARTY" are all ****ing annoying, lame, and utterly cringe worthy. Lets also not forget Worrell's senior moments which are coming much more frequently like in the last broadcast where he couldnt add how much cleveland was behind by and had to be corrected by clyde and clyde had to force himself to not laugh. Or when matt bullard made a harry truman reference and said the buck stops here and Worrell attributed the saying to some pop star or something and Matt had who was shocked that Worrell couldnt figure it out, had to awkwardly remind the older fella it was harry truman.

Worrell is bad. REally bad. Dont even get me started on lame old matt bullard and the lamest black guy i have ever heard, Clyde Drexler. Talk about a vapid personality. Bullard is growing on me as a analyst he just needs to stay off making corny arse jokes.

++++++++++++++++1.

15. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

our sideline reporters also suck balls.

sara eckart is nice to look at but she sucks at interviewing. Tiffany Blackmon is average. I thought Bill Doleman was good until i saw his pathetic interview at the airport with thomas robinson. Ho Chen is meh. If the rockets are trying to hit the asian demographic they should have hired a gorgeous asian women.

god knows houston is full of them.

16. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

LMFAOO at bill worrell, matt bullard, and clyde trying to tell the viewing public dicoco traveled on that attempted alley hoop to leonard.

the replays showed he only took two steps and the gang while watching the replay tried to stretch two steps into 3 steps when the video shows he clearly took two steps.

"one, two, thhhreeee"

shameless biased ass homers

17. Bublanski

Bublanski Member