1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WCF = ????

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rwienert, May 19, 2007.

1. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

World Championship of Flopping

this will be the most disgusting display of non-basketball I will ever refuse to witness.

between duncan's eyes popping out at every call he doesn't get, manu flying across the court like he's been hit with a bat, oberto somehow finding a way to put himself on the ground every single possession, okur lunging to the baseline anytime his man makes a move toward the basket, kirilenko getting launched into orbit like a cosmonaut when someone breathes on him, or the usual utah jazz non-sense, I can't imagine a series of basketball games with less integrity.

should be fun to watch.

I might actually have to pull for an east coast team this year. robert horry's stock has plummeted.

2. munco

munco Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Probably the four boringest teams in the playoffs are left.
    I'm a huge fan of the NBA, but all the teams remaining are incredibly boring to watch. Low scoring, half court basketball. If you take Lebron off the Cavs and you have one of the worst team's in the league.

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

What a tragedy the Rockets didn't make it. Our high flying, run and gun offense would've been so much more fun to watch! :)

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Low scoring half court basketball IS playoff basketball! Championship basketball anyways. Long live the king. Nothing more beautiful than carefully crafted half court sets, nasty defense, scoring droughts, and tough physical play. If you dont like it move to Greece.

5. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

This shows that Stern pretty much failed by changing the rules to favor smaller, run and gun teams. In the end, defense still wins championships.

I'm not gonna lie, I very much enjoy watching run and gun offense.. but seriously, I wish Stern would just leave the game alone to when bigger, stronger guys can push around the little fella's without getting a sissy foul for every time they breath on someone like Nash's neck.

Ok better stop there before I change this thread into a new commish petition.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How I miss the days when guards would go into the lane and get punished without whistles. When big men were a staple in the paint. When guys like Charles Oakley or Dennis Rodman would rather clobber the oppositions superstar than give up a dunk. When refs ignored flops, when you're own coach would yell at you if you flopped.

Today we have people in the media trying to tell us that Kobe is better than Jordan. Jordan played in an era where every drive to the lane resulted in brutality. If Jordan's old games were called with these new rules he would be at the line 20+ times per game. Kobe couldnt even grab an offensive rebound in 88.

Ok okay... Im exaggerating a bit. But I agree. Stern changed the face of the game but the backbone will never be broken.

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

We you all shut up about this....they were talking about this BS on ESPN last night about people saying how this isn't "sexy" match up. What hell are basketball fans on nowadays who cares is the championship round. Sexy thought that was something for run way models or strippers....this is not Americas Next Top Model....this is NBA Conference Championship is an actual competition and sport where two teams playing at their highest level to win a championship who cares if is run n gun, brutal and physical 70 and 80 point scoring affairs. It's not about what's hot and what's sexy, it's about who the best team is.

8. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

hha you say the best teams are left in the finals? so what if the spurs make the finals? you forgot what horry did already? i'd rather root for the jazz than the spurs. from duncans whining and crying after every shot to manu's famous flops. dont forget bowen's defensive strategies "the lets slide my feet under a shooter and break something". the only player i can possibly respect from the spurs would have to be tony parker because of his wife. :D

9. Steve_Francis_rules

I have to disagree with you here. I don't watch the NBA to see who the best team is. I watch to be entertained. I don't find it the least bit entertaining watching the Spurs and Jazz groping each other more than teenagers at a high school prom. Basketball should be about skill, not about seeing how many fouls you can get away with every game.

10. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

The NBA becomes WWF. Next is the chairs over the head, and then the babes on steroids and tight bikinis - hey wait we have that already - the Power Dancers!

I can't wait to see what happens when Bowen tries some crap on the Jazz. Who knocks who into the stands first? Maybe they can help us for next year, and seriously end a few of each others' careers? Both teams suspended, the Western Conference forfeits to the East?

My prediction is the Spurs are cast by the league and TV as Timmy and the Tenders, vs the dirty and wild moonshine drinking Mormons of the Mountains, with their harems of wild women. Hey wait, Mormons only drink milk and OJ. Hmmmm. How are they gonna work this one? Maybe the OJ is spiked.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I agree with this.