1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Semifinals] (2)Phoenix vs. (3)Denver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Suns vs. Nuggets

Poll closed Jun 7, 2021.
  1. Suns in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Suns in 5

3.0%
  3. Suns in 6

33.3%
  4. Suns in 7

18.2%
  5. Nuggets in 7

12.1%
  6. Nuggets in 6

27.3%
  7. Nuggets in 5

3.0%
  8. Nuggets in 4

3.0%
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I’m not being a hater… but the CP3 lovefeat is stupid.

congrats!! You lost in the first round then went to a super talented team and have beaten a really beat down Lakers team and an equally beat down Nuggets team. Austin Rivers and some dude named Campazzo is the Nuggets starting backcourt.

Again not to be a hater….

but maybe Mike Conley suits up… or the Nets or 76ers are healthy and the Suns will actually play a good team? Or… I’m not counting he Clippers out just yet.

do not get me wrong … the Suns are a very good team and a big part of that is because of CP3… but I’m more a fan of great teams vs great teams not maybe great teams (??) vs highly injured teams.

credit to them for taking advantage of the situation… because of the Clippers don’t pull it off, they’re the team that should be really pissed about squandering an opportunity.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Which threads are you looking in? I remember I was whining for CP3, but I don't remember what I said.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

GSW was a GREAT team and all they did was beat up on injured teams in route to 3 championships.

ronclone, REEKO_HTOWN, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This right here. This is why I blame Harden and MDA so much for that 2019 season. They weren't trying to help CP3 at all. MDA would play him 100 minutes on a bad hamstring and ask him to take every international player off the dribble. Harden NEVER wanted to do anything off ball to take pressure off CP3 and his body.

It was so frustrating to watch. They left him out there to die. The concept of TEAM was lost in 2019.

5. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Right. Like ive always been a cp3 fan even before he came here but damn. Is what hes doing really that impressive?

These teams really arent that great and have their best players injured

6. JayZ750

yes it’s annoying right?

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw fam. it's impressive. Yall are hating hard.

CP took a team that wasn't even in the playoffs a year before to the western conference finals

He went through the reigning champions and Lebron. I dont care how hurt they were, this is a team (LAKERS) that knows what it's like to be there, they know the atmosphere. Multiple players have been there. Suns matched that intensity.

Denver has the current MVP. Of course they lost one of their best players, but They didn't even let them get a game. You would think a team that young would give one up. nope

The hate is too high this is a very impressive run. They are going through very good teams.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

he had 1 of the worst years of his career in 18-19…efficiency the lowest it had been since his 2nd year, missed 24 games, and could hardly get by anyone

in the playoffs, not much better

in the 2019 series against GS heading into game 6, he was averaging 15, 6, and 6 on 39/28/78 shooting splits to go along with 3 turnovers a game…he had 54% TS

that’s pretty bad, and for someone of CP3’s caliber, that’s absolutely atrocious

hakeem94 and HoustonWest like this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

most of yall dont even like cp3 and dwight, yall just root for them because they didnt get along with james harden lol. After how we took harden for granted we dont deserve another franchise player( look at how yall treating c-wood this year lol). After the damage yall did to james through social media with the harden plays no d video( basically ruined any chance of him ever making any all-defense team in the future). Harden has been good on defense in 2019 and 2020 and didnt get a single all defense vote because of one of the clowns from this forum.

Nick_713, hakeem94 and fckbandwagons like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

its annoying for us, but you have to play the games. nobody is waiting for teams to get healthy. You need luck on your side. Rockets not only had the NBA against them they had no luck. If Rockets got a trophy in 2018 nobody here would want to hear that our chip doesn't count because the other team wasn't at full strength.

ronclone and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Bro Morey had to attach and swap 1st rounders to trade cp3 for russ lmao that right there should tell you the value of cp3 at the time. Coming in out of shape, didn't know if we could depend on his health, rockets losing to the warriors is disappointing playoff series, it looked more likely that cp3 would regress than bounce back like he has.

I don't recall many fans banging on the table to run it back again with that team. I'm sure we would have loved it now, but back then was a different tune. General consensus was trading old cp3 for russ extended our championship window longer

hakeem94 and HoustonWest like this.
  12. JayZ750

yeah… but if the Suns go through a Lakers without AD, Nuggets without Murray and let’s jus say hypothetically Jazz without Conley and maybe Mitchell goes down the Nets with players in and out.

point being… the games aren’t even that interesting to me…

fortunately I don’t think that will happen. If the Jazz advance, even without Conley at least they’re more competitive. And if the Nets big 3 aren’t at least a big 2 I don’t think they come out of the East. In other words… I think the Suns start seeing at least a touch better competition if not meaningfully better. That will be interesting or once.

but absolutely the nba needs to figure something out. Everyone was all like “dnp rest management” .. like that doesn’t seem to be working.

were any of the Rockets opponents injured in their two runs?

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

even without CP3, the Rockets were still going 5 vs 8 in game 7 against GS

How do u have KD, Steph, Klay, and Draymond, but u still need more help?

refs took away 10 potential points from Harden and the Rockets…1 of those atrocious missed called when Harden was hacked on a 3 led immediately to a Klay 3 on the other end, and they also refused to call several blatant moving screens that resulted in 3 pointers for GS

never forget

Harden could’ve had like 42 points on 13-28 shooting in a game 7 win which would’ve been his defining playoff moment, but instead finishes with 32 points on 12-29 shooting in an L

that was Kings-Lakers level of fckery, and I still haven’t gotten over it

Harden, CP3, MDA, and Morey would’ve all had their legacies secured in Houston beating 1 of the greatest teams of all-time, then busting Bron up in the finals…Harden and CP3 get their jerseys retired, and Morey’s suit and tie is hanging from the rafters

instead we’re in this timeline where I’m praying we don’t get screwed on draft night…

14. HardenVolumeOne

cp3 knows how to throw shots in the media, im sure he tells the media before games what he is gonna say. remmeber the photo of cp3 staring at harden at the free-throw line in game 6. But what happened when cp3 got sent home, nobody in the media ever mentioned him again, anything to crap on james harden the media goes with or overreacts. TNT.."we know drama"

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

the league is happy that the Rockets went 0-27 on threes, it allows for easy deflection from the blatant rigging that occurred…just talk about the 27 missed threes, and don’t even mention the crimes that occurred on the court

it was already taking max energy to defend GS, and the Rockets had no depth by game 7…then the refs come with their BULLSH*T

lemme stop, because I’m getting angry reliving all of this

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

1st one: 4 point play taken away

2nd one: no-call…leads to Klay Thompson 3 a few seconds later

3rd one: no-call

hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey could possibly make the finals and win it all his 1st year in Philly

all the guys prospering or in much better situations post-Houston :(

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

that was one of the softest ejections ive ever seen. Really poor officiating

19. H.D.

H.D. Member

I just wanted a simple UDS

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Morey never wanted to trade Cp3 and Morey certainly would not want to trade Cp3 for a worse player which he was. Anyone with any bball knowledge could tell you that trade was bad.

Yea because fans are dumb and lack foresight.

hakeem94 and fckbandwagons like this.