1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Semifinals] (2)Memphis vs. (3)Golden State

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 29, 2022.

?

(2)Memphis Grizzlies vs. (3)Golden State Warriors

Poll closed May 2, 2022.
  1. Grizzlies in 4

5.0%
  2. Grizzlies in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Grizzlies in 6

5.0%
  4. Grizzlies in 7

10.0%
  5. Warriors in 7

7.5%
  6. Warriors in 6

40.0%
  7. Warriors in 5

22.5%
  8. Warriors in 4

10.0%
  1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I don’t understand why you’re upset. What exactly did you expect?

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I don’t understand why you’re upset. What exactly did you expect?

3. what

what Member

Let me tell you how this is going to go. So in the first 5 minutes of the game, I guarantee you that the grizzlies are going to be in foul trouble at least two fouls on jaren Jackson Jr. And perhaps two even on Dillon Brooks and they're going to call it making sure that they take control of the game since tensions are so high and whatnot.
    But really all is going to do is to make sure that the grizzlies can't play aggressive defense to try to win this game and the warriors are going to come out and basically be unabated towards the basket because we can't get any more fouls and make sure that they get in a rhythm.

Come back to this comment because you'll see that I know what I'm talking about.

#543 what, May 8, 2022
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
    BigShasta likes this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Do you read at all before replying? Stop being so emotional and read the post before replying. Clearly you haven't read our posts. The @B-Bob post was the ultimate proof that you don't bother reading what you are replying to, he was actually sticking up for you and then you started ranting on him.

I won't engage with you anymore, it's clear you don't care to actually have a discussion.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. what

what Member

You obviously did not read what he said: first he made a comment meant to show that my opinion was biased and not worth arguing with.
    Then he literally says he doesn't agree with my opinion, before making another covert comment about how the grizzlies never had a chance to win this series and that he was basically sitting back watching Ja and Poole, because the grizzlies are way overmatched anyway.

Clearly you don't understand context or semantics, because just because he says he hopes the grizzlies beat the warriors ass doesn't mean that all th other stuff he said wasn't meant to be a sarcastic jibe at me and my team I root for.

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

we're basically ALL on his side, we're all rooting for memphis. My "what did you expect" just means that i don't get why he would expect memphis to not get rolled by the refs/league, and why he thought that some nobody team from memphis would get anything against the mighty warriors

Slyonebluejay, B-Bob and ElPigto like this.
  7. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I 100% believed the griz were drawing stone dead before the series and after every game. Does that mean that i don't think in a fair normal series the griz are drawing dead? of course not. But that's not the reality, we are in adam silver's nba

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much man. I been in this thread rooting for Memphis yet he has the nerve to call me a Warriors fan.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. what

what Member

Ja Morant and the grizzlies are far more known than you think.
    You seem to think this grizzlies team isn't the best young team and the best organization in the league, which they are.
    The grizzlies have the second best record and they are the youngest team in the league and they have a player that did something only Lebron and Kobe did, 2 40+ games in the playoffs at 22 or younger.

I am not trying to be controversial here, but you do understand that the rockets will never catch up with the grizzlies for the next 15 years. Like it's the grizzlies league and no the warriors aren't mighty, they will never win another championship.

10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Believe me, i hope you’re right. I absolutely despise the warriors. I think kerr and green are absolute bottom of the barrel scum. But i also do not believe there is ANY chance silver loses this series to Memphis. You can disagree, and that’s ok, it has nothing to do with ja or the organization or anything

Slyonebluejay, clutchdabear and B-Bob like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You're biased, and that's no insult, you're a snowflake, and that is. relax and quit taking bball takes so personally.

Go Griz!

ElPigto likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

13. what

what Member

The problem is is that the refs are definitely going to be calling early fouls.
    If I were Taylor Jenkins I would be telling my guys to not go out there and play too aggressive within the first five or 10 minutes of the game.
    Because you're not going to win the game within the 5 or 10 minutes anyways.
    Don't give the refs a reason to call early fouls on you.

But I suspect that's exactly what's going to happen. Jaron and probably Dylan Brooks are both going to have early fouls

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

This is an intellectually dishonest argument.

JJJ has had early foul problems literally all year, but if it happens tonight, it's b/c the NBA has an agenda? Come on.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Golden State has always been dirty
    People only now seeing it.

Rocket River

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

LOL....what???

19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

which is just wild to me. Do people not remember when draymond went nut hunting game after game? ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the times they would step under shooters?

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Soooo how do you spin this that’s convenient. Asking for a friend