1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Semifinals] (2)Memphis vs. (3)Golden State

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 29, 2022.

?

(2)Memphis Grizzlies vs. (3)Golden State Warriors

Poll closed May 2, 2022.
  1. Grizzlies in 4

5.0%
  2. Grizzlies in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Grizzlies in 6

5.0%
  4. Grizzlies in 7

10.0%
  5. Warriors in 7

7.5%
  6. Warriors in 6

40.0%
  7. Warriors in 5

22.5%
  8. Warriors in 4

10.0%
  1. what

what Member

It is Taylor Jenkins, and you are wrong, see the post above this one for why.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure why I thought Chris Jenkins, thanks for the correction. I disagree with your assessment. Warriors would be cooking Adams.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Adams is the epitome of another big that becomes unplayable in the playoffs just like gobert. If you don’t understand that by now, you don’t know the modern era of the nba in the playoffs and it didn’t just start this year. GS is at the very top of teams that would absolutely destroy the adams/goberts of the league

fckbandwagons and ElPigto like this.
  4. what

what Member

They are cooking the grizzlies now without him.
    And the fact is that if and when Adams gets beat Jaren is one of the best weakside defenders.

The reason it was necessary for the grizzlies to not play Adams in the Minnesota series was due to towns.

Adams set the record for most rebounds by a grizzlies player this year, and he is critical to our offense with the monster picks he sets, and he would only have to guard Draymond, a guy we'd want to shoot the basketball.

The grizzlies can't get beat off the dribble AND get beat on rebounds also.

It was a dumb move to leave him out of this series, when Tillman and Clarke and both getting punked by Gs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. PatBev

PatBev Member

You got locked up Ja lol

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize that the Warriors will hunt out Adams to put him in situations where Curry or Poole can isolate him and get an easy lane to the basket. Because of the way the Warriors play, they are not going to have a big camping in the basket for Jaren Jackson to be the back up defender near the paint. By the time Jackson covers enough ground to meet Curry/Poole at the basket it would likely be too late.

The Grizzlies could run a zone I guess, but the Warriors are too good at shooting so it wouldn't be very effective. It's incredibly hard to guard the Warriors but your best shot as was schemed by the Rockets years ago is to switch every damn pick with capable defenders that can easily move their feet.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Aquaman be Aquaman.

8. what

what Member

They were the number 2 team in th league in standings with this lineup, and I think you are far underestimating the type of length and agility that Jaren has.
    But you are obviously a warriors fan so I don't expect you to know that.

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If you think JJJ can consistently cover the distance from the 3pt line to the basket to defend the basket, then you're far underestimating how prone he is to foul trouble.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So because I am refuting your statement, I am a warriors fan? What kind of stupid logic is that. Grow the **** up bro.

I don't care what they did during the regular season, this is the playoffs where teams can easily make adjustments.

YOLO likes this.
  11. what

what Member

Even with his constant fouling he was the leader in block shots this year.

Again, I sure hope that the dirty warriors and Poole gets suspended and then the grizzlies start Adams and let's just see how that works out for ya when you have one of your top players suspended.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Poole isn't going to get suspended.

This video is a pretty solid scientific analysis from someone who's a doctor and someone who probably is a neutral fan, at least of both teams.

JumpMan likes this.
  13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It's no use trying to reason with a certain Grizz fan.

Just a few days ago and for most of the week, he/she was adamant of how the Warriors were done, washed, old and that Brooks would never get suspended and lastly that the Grizz were going to easily dominate and win the series.

Now suddenly the team has lost its identity and failing due to its coach. Adams who didn't play due to covid the first 2 games is now the critical player for Memphis on both offense and defense. Nevermind that the Warriors offense was below average to terrible 2 out of the first 3 games without Adams.

Not even going to bother with the Poole suspension nonsense lol.

Downtown Sniper, ElPigto and YOLO like this.
  14. what

what Member

Just to be clear, as early as game 2 of the Minnesota series, I was explaining the benefits of Steven Adams.
    And of course due to covid he could not play in game 6 of the Minnesota series and the first two games of the Gs series, but that leaves 5 games that he could started but didn't.

Also, as a fan of the grizzlies, why would I think anything but the grizzlies would dominate: given recent history: 3 out of 4 regular series wins and last year winning the play in game.

And yes the warriors are old and are holding on: their time is done regardless of what happens in this series, which they still have a decent shot of losing, especially if Jordan Poole gets suspended for his dirty play and the fact that the grizzlies will get back Dillion Brooks from his ridiculous suspension.

Let's be clear all the warriors do is cry to the league office when they don't get their way in games and are hoping to get bailed out, which is how they won yesterday due to getting Dillon suspended.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Why do y'all have to argue with @what anyway? He's a dedicated fan, and I don't really fault his takes from that perspective. I disagree with him, but whatever. I've seen worse takes from Worrier fans about how squeaky clean they are. Will be super pathetic to see the richy rich b****es in their ritzy stadium boo Brooks in game 4 as if their guy Draymond isn't as dirty as they come. Hope DB has a breakout game, but I won't hold my breath.

It's just not that good of a series beyond enjoying Ja and Poole.

Easy likes this.
  16. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

So I think it is unlikely that Poole caused Morant's injury

Having said that

1. So here is the thing, even if this didn't cause the injury. I cannot recall a time that a player grabbed an opposing players knee like that. Hit, touch it, knee it, etc,... sure. But actually grab a hold of it for like a half second? I guess this could happen in games all the time and it just never gets noticed. But in 20 years of watching basketball, I cannot recall any similar instance.

2. Sutterer is a physician, but he is a still a resident. Yes, his speciality is physical rehabilitation. But that doesn't mean he is knows all about every method an injury can occur or not occur especially if he is unaware of the specifics of Morant's already nagging injuries. I also find it odd that his videos are sponsored by vitamins and other supplements that are not within the realm of in his specialty. Sure he can make an educated guess better than average fan, but that doesn't mean he is absolutely correct.

B-Bob likes this.
  17. what

what Member

What takes?
    When I say that the warriors run to the league office, that is a fact.
    The fact that Steve Kerr was smiling when Draymond pulled Brandon Clarke off of his feet and Draymond got ejected as if he expected the refs to look the other way, but at the same time when Dillon "clubbed" Gpjr, Dillon "broke the code."
    Kerr could not care less about the code when it is zaza pachulia taking out kawhi Leonard.
    Or when Draymond and the warriors decided to give Mike Conley the roughen up treatment after the grizzlies beat them two games in a row because they knew that Mike Conley just had a ****ing metal plate put in his head.

I suppose your comment that this series hasn't been good other than Poole and Ja was meant to suggest that the grizzlies really aren't any competition despite the fact that two of the three games came down to the last shot or the final minute.
    Also concerning my takes they usually limited to my grizzlies, except for obvious things such as Steve Kerr's hypocrisy, the warriors are dirty and the warriors are not a championship team regardless of what people think, because they are old and there's no way they'll win a championship.

But hey, if you feel that the warriors are a championship team, please let me know so that we can put you down on record.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Like when they took out Kawhi

Rocket River

B-Bob likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Warriors get home court advantage in every venue

Rocket River

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

What, you thought he retired?