1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Semifinals] (2)Memphis vs. (3)Golden State

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 29, 2022.

?

(2)Memphis Grizzlies vs. (3)Golden State Warriors

Poll closed May 2, 2022.
  1. Grizzlies in 4

5.0%
  2. Grizzlies in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Grizzlies in 6

5.0%
  4. Grizzlies in 7

10.0%
  5. Warriors in 7

7.5%
  6. Warriors in 6

40.0%
  7. Warriors in 5

22.5%
  8. Warriors in 4

10.0%
  1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This says so, so much about you.

That t shirt got you so triggered.

This coming from a guy who trolls every day on this board, oh the irony.

2. Asian Sensation

:rolleyes:

3. what

what Member

The warriors are going to fall.
    They saw a glimpse of what is to come.
    That team is holding on by a thread and reputation.

I do think Steph and Klay will shoot better at home, but the grizzlies are going to get back Stephen Adams and Dillon when he sees Iggy is going to light him up.
    The warriors would do better to not even play Iguodala. Because that is going to add fuel to the fire.

Also I had no clue that Ja had that in him. He really surprised me. I knew he was good but last night was special.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

brooks is probably going to be suspended for game 3. adams is no longer a factor. probably won't even play this series. he'd be just as bad as gobert, maybe even worse vs dallas if he stepped on the floor against gs

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Another great game from the only interesting/competitive conf semis thus far.

The Dillon Brooks foul was def a flagrant-2 with the way the league has been calling it (defenseless player going full speed in the air, much like the Caruso/Allen play in the regular season). However I don't think it was a "dirty play" or intentional, but rather an unfortunate & poorly executed mistake/accident while trying to contest the layup.

As for the game, Ja Morant proving again why he is the new Rose/Westbrook, both of whom were absolute terrors in their prime. He pretty much will MEM to the win tonight putting on a show and absolutely killing the Warriors perimeter defenders.

For the Warriors, Curry/Poole with an average shooting game, Klay with another dreadful game and the team with their worst playoff 3 point shooting performance the last 7 years. Despite this, they had ample opportunities to win the game. Going home with a split the Warriors should be feeling good, but...

WIth GP2 out due to the fracture elbow, the Warriors simply have no answer for Morant. GP2 wasn't going to shut down Ja, but he would've made him work for his points. Curry/Klay/Poole are simply too slow footed to keep Morant in front of them. The pressure on the defense caused by Morant's penetration in game 2 will continue to be a huge headache for the Warriors.

On offense, the Warriors have been average at best as their motion offense is being well defended by MEM assortment of switchable athletes. Kerr needs to adjust and use more pick and roll plays to target mismatches. Poole/Curry should be repeatedly running plays to attack Morant like they did to Jokic.

I expect the series to continue to be entertaining, hard fought and returning to MEM tied 2-2.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Man GSW looking a bit shook. Anytime you start talking about how much money you make, you are losing.

Dem young boys got them feeling some kind of way.

So Saith Red and hakeem94 like this.
  7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed.
    The Warriors would love to see Adams getting minutes. I like Adams as a player and personality, but big, slow footed, non dominant offensive big men are liabilities in today's nba. In the regular season they still have value, but in the playoffs, teams with scoring wings/guards are going to make them unplayable.

As for Iggy - not sure what the fascination is with him, He isn't likely to even be in uniform any time soon with his back/spinal injury.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. what

what Member

They're not going to suspend. Dillon Brooks because the grizzlies are the shield, The warriors are the ones that need help that ain't getting it.
    The NBA knows that ja is the future and the Steph Curry and the Golden State warriors are on their last leg.
    And yes, Steven Adams will come back and start.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

I bet you they will. whatever this shield is you're referencing ain't it. ja being some future makes no difference

There is certainly precedent (see Grayson Allen on Alex Caruso) that a suspension is warranted.

No adams won't. he sucks and probably won't play. dude is a liability on the court. Memphis has an idiot as a coach if he starts adams and plays him significant minutes

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

For Iggy, I think it's more about having someone just able to eat up some spot minutes that has experience at this point

11. what

what Member

Lol, Grayson Allen?
    The dude is a habitual offender and comparing what Dillon did to Grayson did is laughable.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

not that laughable. funny thing is what dillon did was worse. imma laugh damn hard if he gets suspended bc he deserves it

13. what

what Member

As much smoke that the warriors are giving to this, basically beging the league to help them out isn't going to win favor.

Nobody, not even the NBA, likes to be manipulated.
    He already got an entire game suspension.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean your homer goggles doesn't really warrant much actual logic without any bias. The possibility of being suspended is definitely real whether you want to believe so or no regardless of what you want to post on cf's.

quit acting like the NBA acts without any sort of manipulation

ElPigto likes this.
  15. what

what Member

He was going for the ball and he hit the guy in the head. It ain't his fault that Gary Payton Jr. got injured from it.
    And again Steve Kerr all he did was Harp and Harp and Harp about how the wind up this and the wind up that and all that bullshit. Give me a break.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course you would say he was. like i said your homer logic doesn't really matter. of course it's his fault, he was the one who fouled him. how stupid is that

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I don't see why Brooks would get suspended and Draymond wouldn't. Memphis lost Brooks for a whole game when Golden State lost Draymond for half a game.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

A player got injured after a dirty play. I would not be surprised if he gets a 1 game suspension, despite the antics that others have gotten away with.

YOLO likes this.
  19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I don't think the outcome should influence the consequences. Brooks was reckless, but arguably not dirty. Draymond is always dirty and reckless.

jiggyfly and hakeem94 like this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Reckless, dirty, however we want to frame it, it's not out of the question if he receives a 1 game suspension.

jiggyfly and YOLO like this.