1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[WC Semifinals] (2)Denver vs. (3)Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2019.

?

(2)Denver vs. (3)Portland

Poll closed Apr 30, 2019.
  1. Nuggets in 4

1.7%
  2. Nuggets in 5

10.2%
  3. Nuggets in 6

16.9%
  4. Nuggets in 7

27.1%
  5. Blazers in 7

10.2%
  6. Blazers in 6

27.1%
  7. Blazers in 5

5.1%
  8. Blazers in 4

1.7%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't agree with everything you say. But I do notice that as much as Harden works to improve his scoring abilities, adding a move almost every year, it never seems to occur to him to add a catch-and-shoot move. Imagine if Harden was equally deadly playing off ball as he is playing ISO.

My theory is that Harden simply does not have the kind of energy to play a moving game. His ISO game does not require as much energy as moving without the ball. That is why he walks up the court taking the full 8 seconds to cross the mid court line. Maybe that's the only way for him to play heavy minutes. Energy is a kind of talent too. Some players simply do not have it. That, to me, is the biggest weakness for Harden as an all time great scorer.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Plenty of people do go after him though.

I've never said he's perfect. He's not clutch, know that, but he's still an all-time great and I feel like a lot of people don't appreciate the type of player we have.

3. Asian Sensation

Problem is you can’t be an all time great without being clutch when it matters most. I appreciate him and all I wanted was for him to come thru and deliver for us. When he consistently fails to do so I’m gonna wonder why.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I would but I'm used to the Rockets getting no respect and it does annoy me that other teams get respect for things we've done.

5. Asian Sensation

Yes and no.
    It can take more energy but I wished he would try cause it would be worth it. His current style looks lazy but it does take a lot of energy as well. More importantly it doesn’t maximize everyone else’s ability and potential. All that being said even with it looking lazy it’s not like it’s not taxing his energy either cause he does get hit a lot for all his troubles so is it even really worth it? What’s more taxing is missing shots and turnovers.

There’s no reason for him to be the ball dominant ISO hero with CP3 here. Harden has one of the worst Assist/TO ratios of all time. This was the reason why I was so thrilled when we got CP3 cause I thought it finally meant Harden would play off the ball more with Chris running the offense. In years past with Bev I could understand what we did but there’s zero reason why he should be dominating the ball like that.

CFans won’t be happy to hear this but my theory is Harden was chasing the 30 point game streaks and we were winning with that style and CP3 was getting rest so everything was all good. That style became the status quo. Well the playoffs came and we got exposed cause that style doesn’t work in the playoffs.

Easy likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Must be nice

7. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

POR set an NBA record with only 4 turnovers in a road Game 7.

Guessing Morey's bootlickers will say "Turnovers don't matter- see my regression"

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Jokic from Denver went summer league and drafted middle second round to getting $ 150 million outta denver.

That's what you call a come up, and money danuel house making look like welfare food stamps compared to jokic's $150 million.