1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC SEMIFINALS] (2) Denver Vs. (3) Minnesota

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, May 3, 2024.

?

(2) Denver Nuggets Vs. (3) Minnesota Timberwolves

1. Nuggets in 4

2. Nuggets in 5

3. Nuggets in 6

4. Nuggets in 7

5. Timberwolves in 4

6. Timberwolves in 5

7. Timberwolves in 6

8. Timberwolves in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Folx said that about the Nuggets last year

Rocket River
    NBA anything can happen

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That defense by Minny was the best I've seen in recent memory. If they play defense like that every game for the rest of the playoffs, they are winning the championship.

I was def wrong about this series.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Me too

GermanRakete likes this.
  4. lpbman

lpbman Member

The defense is astonishing if you don't pick up on the difference in officiating. It's like watching two different sports when you see how the calls went against Orlando or the Pacers vs what the Wolves are getting away with.

Pacers got called for doing 61 mph in a 60 with 12 seconds left last night. I couldn't watch a lot of that Orlando series... Donovan Mitchell runs into defender, foul, freethrows, repeat.
    I love when they officials let them play, but be consistent.

Little Bit likes this.
  5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

there was nothing the refs could have done last night, the wolves just ovewhelmed them. goodbye nuggets, it's over.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn’t able to see any of the game but a friend was texting me updates about the game. I’m still having a hard time believing how good this Twolves team is. I said last series they had an edge on Denver but didn’t expect them to be this big of an edge.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of this is on Chris Finch and the coaching staff. After that last week of the season when they both last a close one to Denver and then got blown out at home by the Suns in the final game of the season not even the local Mn sports pundits were expecting this. Many were predicting they lose in the first round.

Either Finch ran a masterful strategy of deception or they found a masterful strategy of motivation. Either way brilliant coaching.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I thought they tanked the last game of the season to avoid the Lakers in the 1st round.

Like I said at the time, there was no way the Suns should have been able to compete with the T-Wolves in the 1st round. Sweeping the season series 4-0 didn't mean anything IMO.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

well they are in theory allowed to call fouls when fouls are committed. Does that change the outcome? Who knows, but at least it gives both teams a chance instead of just burying one team.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

The NBA has nearly lost its' last legacy icon in LeBron, and now it's facing a Boston Minny finale with no ferocious personality. This is a bad time for the NBA entertainment. Even if New York makes it for a rating boost, we wall know they aren't that interesting now or have long term interest. Doncic has a chance to carry the torch given his popularity, but he's not quite electric. Antman can be electric, but he's not that popular. You need that impact brand that is both popular and electric.

11. thegary

I want the players to decide the game, not the refs. Anyway, Denver shot more free throws than Minn.

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

ya so do i, that's why i want fairly officiated games and not the garbage from marc davis we got yesterday. Let the players decide it, not the refs

13. thegary

So you like watching lots of foul calls and free throw shooting? I don’t.

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

If fouls are being committed then yes i want them called. I don’t want the refs to decide who wins by cheating one of the teams. I did not think it was ok what the refs did for the warriors against Houston, i dont think what the refs did to denver yesterday was ok either.

15. thegary

Dude, Denver shot more free throws. They lost because twolves were more aggressive, confident and hungry. The beat them down. Nothing the refs could have done too help Denver. The NY/Indy game is a different story...

16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya in garbage time. Do you think the refs helped the rockets in game 7 2018? Was foster on the rockets side as they shot over 50% more free throws? I’m not saying denver wins with fair officiating, I’m saying they deserved a chance, and every team deserves a chance.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Unlikely - they are going to start losing guys as soon as this offseason due to second apron issues.

18. thegary

We'll see, but wouldn't it be glorious to see them beat Boston in the finals and the Celts then have to agonize over their future?

gifford1967 likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Has the NBA figured out how to neutralize the euro big men?

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Murray's injury is huge in this series. If not for that, it would be tight.