1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Semifinals] (1)Utah vs. (4)LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 6, 2021.

?

Jazz vs. Clippers

Poll closed Jun 9, 2021.
  1. Jazz in 4

2.6%
  2. Jazz in 5

7.9%
  3. Jazz in 6

15.8%
  4. Jazz in 7

26.3%
  5. Clippers in 7

13.2%
  6. Clippers in 6

26.3%
  7. Clippers in 5

2.6%
  8. Clippers in 4

5.3%
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh you were talking about Wall. Dude Harden was done the moment Silas was hired. Get a clue, look up some stats and just realize that Russ sucks in the playoffs.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just said it's MDA's fault for not adapting to the game that is being played.. come on man.. your Harden Only fandom is showing

I equated MDA not adapting to the Harden double team to Snyder Playing Rudy against small line ups

Why Russ was the first person Harden could throw to off a double at the top of the key when he had no hope of shooting a 3 when Jeff Green was available is MDA's fault

smh

hakeem94, roslolian and rpr52121 like this.
  3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that's what i mean though. gobert is 7'3" and about as mobile as you can hope to be at that height and he can get played off the floor by terrence mann. at any other point in nba history a team is trying to figure out how they are going to score on a guy like that. now he just gets clowned by role players because his height is almost a weakness. if you have to be anthony davis to stay on the court, we are going too far the other way. hell, someone like enes kanter would've cleaned up in the 90's and it's practically a joke to put him on the court because he can't move his feet.

they might have to eliminate the corner 3 and see what happens. maybe try it in the g-league next year and see if it's too drastic.

rpr52121 likes this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

He was done because john wall sucks. Did you even watch the games? Or even any game even after he was traded? He wasnt called tank commander for no reason. Youre still trying to run with this narrative that wall is a good shooter. Its so laughable

5. HP3

HP3 Member

If you are expecting Dantoni to bench their second best player than that is insanity. Why the **** can BRUCE BROWN do what Russ can’t. I don’t blame Dantoni.

hakeem94 and fckbandwagons like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The issue for Utah is...where do they go from here?

I just don't see where the improvement for their team is. Maybe they go out and make some desperate move for someone just for change sake (Like Kemba for example) but yeah, this was their shot.

Gobert signed a 5 year extension (lol) so they don't have the flexibility to do much.

I mean the only thing they have going for them is Mitchell is also re signed until like 2026 so that makes it harder for him to force his way out...but still I felt like everything lined up for them to win this year.

Kawhi going out.
    CP3 being out for at least the start of the series.
    Philly having a hurt Embiid that can go out any game now.
    Hawks are inexperienced, hard to believe they'd win a finals at this point
    Nets having two hurt superstars
    Bucks just play too stupid to win a championship

I mean out of all the teams left they were very healthy, had homecourt...they really blew it this year.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Not according to reports. Why Would you expect anyone on our roster to do any of our whole roster is trash

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Yo man, watching that post game for Donovan Mitchell. That’s a great guy. He’ll win one someday. I’d love to have him on the rockets

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Almost went night night without knowing. Shocker! Wow. Paul George did what I did not think he could do.

...the other good news from this is that the Rockets system of 3's failed here too. So we likely could not have gone the distance as constructed. It wasn't our players. It was the system.

10. AXG

AXG Member

I'm just glad Utah lost.

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

The system is supposed to be take the most efficient shot in each situation. The problem is that for poor basketball IQ players who either are not quick enough to see mismatches in the moment or get scared in pressure situations, they start to follow "a rule" because of the rule instead of assessing the process. So, a lot of that team (and this Jazz team), would keep shooting 3's when there is no real rim protector and they Clips are closing out super hard. In that situation the more efficient shots are the shot in the paint and free throws.

Now some of this also comes down to confidence as well. Mann played with lot confidence in this game, and Reggie Jackson has had it now for 3-4 games. With that confidence guys, do instead of think.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Well they could start by recognizing you have to adjust when teams go small. That alone would have them in the WCF.....they legit would have a chance at a title this year if they didnt blow it. Rudy can play against all the teams left. Maybe not brooklyn but they mignt lose since bucks are going small and they are still injured.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Utah's system on offense was great. What killed them was Gobert's inability to close out on perimeter shooters. Gobert's like -24 while the entire was like -60 or something. He caused this loss just becomes unplayable if the enemy goes small.

How did Rox's system of 3s fail Utah? Lol Utah shot 48% from 3 which is amazing except LA shot 51% from 3 which was even better. Utah took just 4 more threes than LA both were bombing from deep.

If anything what I cant understand is as the team who pioneered the 3 pt revolution the Rox were inept at signing great 3 pt shooters. Rox are full of inconsistent chuckers while other teams have freaking snipers on their squad.

rpr52121 likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

So are people gonna start putting respect on Lue’s name now? This is a great series win for him.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

We gotta start looking at Quin Snyder. This is a not a good look. Last year, he also blew a 3-1 lead.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Wtf are you talking about? Did you not see the clippers go ape **** from three?

Systems dont win, players do. Hows that triangle offense look witnout MJ, scottie, kobe, and shaq ?

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I wanted lue... apparently james did too

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Damn, its almost as if John Wall-Russ situation had nothing to do with it.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wanted Lue over JVG, but I was also willing to give Silas a chance as well

20. HP3

HP3 Member

The only mistake he made was not taking Gobert off the floor, nothing else. And its tough to do when Gobert is arguably your best player. Lue has been great, but Quin is still a good coach.