1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WC Quarter Finals #3: bluffkin vs Jmcballer88

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by 123Rockets, Sep 2, 2012.

?

Who will win in a 7 game series?

1. bluffkin

66.7%
  2. Jmcballer88

33.3%
  1. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Please if possible, explain why a team is better after voting in the poll. Don't think just about big-name players or 1-on-1 match ups. Thunk about how they will player together as a team, leadership, if the team can finish in the clutch, things like that. Thanks!

bluffkin
    PG - Ricky "mustard" Rubio
    SG - OJ Mayo
    SF - Iggy
    PF - Greg Monroe
    C - Dwight Howard
    Bench:
    PG/SG - Shump
    SG/SF - Brandon Rush
    PF/C - Serge Ibaka

VS

Jmcballer88
    PG Kyle Lowry/ Jeff Teague
    SG Dwyane Wade
    SF Danny Granger
    PF Ryan Anderson/ Thaddeus Young
    C DeMarcus Cousins/ Jason Thompson

Good luck.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i like bluffkins team... alot actually...

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Thank you good sir

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bluffkin, defense...

5. jvu

jvu Member

Too easy. Even bluffs bench D is better than jmc..

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Thanks guys

7. AXG

AXG Member

I voted JMC. I think he will create matchup problems for bluffkin. Bluff's twin tower defense may work on most teams but Anderson requires one of them to step out and Wade-Granger is too much of a 1-2 punch on the outside for Mayo or Rubio to guard.

8. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I did no trades and drafted according to defense and inside outside game with wade and cousins. It's funny how he ends up with iggy ibaka monroe when all should go between the second and third rounds which means somebody got screwed in few trades....great job

1 person likes this.
  9. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I am just gonna point out something, i don't know if you just missed it but i'll give you the benefit of doubt, i have Iggy and Shumpert two of the best defenders at their respective positions, Shumpert would give Wade a pest and iggy could definitly shut down Granger who is a know chucker. Add Ibaka, Dwight and Monroe into the mix and the paint would be in lockdown. Wade is the only player that scares me on the team. Anderson would have a great game no doubt but it would be no where near enough to make up for my defense. Just don't see how you can blindly say Wade and Granger would be too much to handle.

10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Why not make it close? bluff won already ;)

11. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Son of a gun:mad:

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

bluffkin's team more talented, Jmc team fits together very well.

I like Monroe next to Dwight, he's a nice passer and a gifted scorer, and IMO he'd be above average on defense at 4.

But for "twin towers" to work well, you don't just need shooting, you need a TON of shooting.
    Either that, or one of the 'towers' has to be a solid jump shooter (like Rasheed Wallace in the Detroit version).
    When bluffkin wanted to trade for Monroe from RN, he said he plans to flip him later, so I thought maybe he's targeting Ray Allen (because their salaries are similar). Ray would be awesome on this team.
    Right now, this isn't a good offensive team.
    Monroe can't shoot, Rubio is shaky and very streaky as a shooter. Mayo is ok, but not great, and he makes many of bad decisions.
    Iguodala had a nice shooting year, but he doesn't take many shots, he's someone whose shooting efficiency is inflated by being the 5th option on the 76ers.
    Brandon Rush is a very good bench shooter / defender, but again, he's not someone who should be expected to be the main floor stretcher on a team, he's a very very solid backup.
    So to me, this team lacks at least two great shooters / decision makers in the starting lineup to really make this 'twin towers' offense work.

But defensively, it's a very good team. Mayo is its weak spot. His defense is unreliable (lacks effort at times, short arms). I think in this matchup, you'd have to start Shumpert at 2. Which makes shooting even more lacking, but it's still much better than having Mayo vs. Wade.
    But Dwight alone makes it a solid defensive team.
    I'd expect Monroe to look above average at PF too (although maybe not against a shooter like Ryan Anderson though..........).
    Rubio is solid.
    Iguodala is great (although I would've considered keeping Deng over Iggy tbh....... not sure who's a better fit ---- Deng is not the awesome playmaker like Iggy, but he's a similar defender and a more proven shooter).

Jmc surrounds Wade/Cousins with 3 good shooters. It makes sense. Also, Anderson/Wade/Lowry = good transition offense.
    Defensively, this is a very strong unit, everyone here is an above average defender.
    Maybe except Cousins, who commits some stupid mistakes and jogs back on defense at times. But he's strong, tough, has a lot of pride and I think he'd battle Dwight about as well as anyone. He just fouls a lot, and I think he'd foul out in 30 minutes in most games, at which point I'm not sure what's plan B................
    Ths team creates a lot of spacing, and I think because of it Wade will look awesome, even against Shumpert.
    Iggy will hurt Granger defensively (but Granger won't have many problems defending Iggy either).
    Anderson will be a hard matchup for Monroe (or for Ibaka).

Overall, I think Jmc team will more than hold its own while the starting lineup plays. Maybe even get significant leads. But I think it will fall apart in most games once Cousins fouls out. Also, bluffkin's bench gives him advantage too.

I say bluffkin in 6.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

haha good point. ok then, i also vote Jmc!

14. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I was angry and voted for blufkin I want to change my vote to myself

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

should've waited until 6 guys followed RN lead and voted for you..... and asked for a recount! :grin: