1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WC Quarter Finals #1: RedNation vs lakersuck

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by 123Rockets, Sep 2, 2012.

?

Who would win in a 7 games series?

1. RedNation

80.0%
  2. lakersuck

20.0%
  1. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Please if possible, explain why a team is better after voting in the poll. Don't think just about big-name players or 1-on-1 match ups. Thunk about how they will player together as a team, leadership, if the team can finish in the clutch, things like that. Thanks!

RedNation

pg: Deron Williaims
    sg: Courtney lee
    sf: Rudy gay
    pf: Chris Bosh
    C: Anderson Varejao

Bench
    G: Darren Collison
    F: Anthony Randolph
    F/C: Luis scola

VS

lakersuck

PG: Rondo 11mil
    SG: James Harden 5.8mil
    SF: Nic Batum 10.8mil
    PF: Elton Brand 2.1 mil
    C: Nene 13mil

Bench
    Lou Williams 5mil
    Marcus Thornton 7.5Mil
    Kendrick Perkins 8.4 mil

Good luck.

2. VBG

VBG Member

Quite close. Lakerssuck has fractionally better defense across the board and Rondo usually steps up in the playoffs. He has good shooters and off the ball cutters next to him so his lack of shooting shouldn't be a problem.

I like Lakerssuck bench slightly more than RedNation's as well.

However, offensively I like Deron Williams. Deron Williams + Bosh PnR is by far going to be the most steady way to play offense here. Last year was a bad season for Deron Williams but before that he made Carlos Boozer look very nice.

RedNation's superior frontcourt offense will really help here.

WTF is Anthony Randolph doing here.

Almost dead even but voting for RedNation because I believe in Deron Williams + Bosh tandem more.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pretty much agree with VBG, just to add:

Harden would be pretty much the only guy that can score in an elite way, but he never stood out as a great #1 option for OKC and struggled really bad in the playoffs. RedN also has Lee as a great defender on him.

Bosh vs. Brand could also turn ugly, and Varejao is superior on the boards vs. Nene.

Deron, Gay, Bosh can create offense on their own and would ensure RedN scores on a consistent basis.

Defensively lakersuck is pretty elite, but RedN isn't bad either, so that's not a huge advantage for him.

All in all I think RedN would win.

4. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Anthony randolph-vbg's genious pick who I had to take back in a trade

5. Jamers

Jamers Member

that's sick defense by lakersuck.. and that's sick offense by Rednation.. lakersuck have harden as the primary scorer, so i no like it..

6. AXG

AXG Member

My vote goes to RedNation as well. Lakersuck doesn't have enough offense to win in this series.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

redN

lakersuck just doesnt have enough offense...

8. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Agree. Team cannot have Harden as primary scorer. Dissapears often, doesn't have enough variety. First to 7 moves on.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i think the voting is already done on this one, so i won't vote ------ and i wouldn't know which way to vote, anyway..............
    i think it's very close. Two teams that are very well thought out.

The way I see it, lakersucks offense = mostly Harden/Rondo/Nene PnR with a TON of spacing. A couple backup options like Brand's post ups here and there, good transition, Batum cuts.
    On the downside, RedNation is starting Varejao, who defends PnR very well. So lukersuck PnR might not work so well.
    Generally, I wouldn't want to start Varejao at 5 (sucks defending back to the basket guys). To me, he's more of a high energy PF who's best next to a scoring center who blocks a few shots and can hit a jumper. Vlade Divac, Big Z, Pau Gasol, Roy Hibbert (to a lesser extent) types..... But in this matchup, Varejao will be very valuable.
    Also, Gay is a very solid defender, so is Lee, so lakersuck's shooters will be bothered. D-Will was a subpar defender last year, he didn't fight through screens hard, he didn't close down on people. But he still played an ok man defense, and he'll be defending Rondo, so I think he'll be ok...
    Brand will punk Chris Bosh at times on post ups, but overall I don't see Brand as a major force on offense at this point.

RedNation has several very talented scorers / shot creators. A lot of size and length. But lakersuck's 2 best defenders happen to be at those spots: Rondo-DWill, and Brand can defend Bosh well.
    Not sure about Batum on Gay.. Gay's bigger, stronger, Batum's a good man defender, but far from awesome overall. If Gay tries to handle and create his shot a lot, Batum has great hands and is good in those situations. But Batum is not the smartest guy, and Gay won't need to create that much with D-Will on the team, so I could see a lot of easy jumpers / cuts for Gay.

Benches look about even,
    Rednation: A-Randolph will benefit from D-Will in transition, like he did with Rubio. Scola (with Bosh or Varejao at center) will be very good. DC is a very good backup for a 40 MPG D-Will.
    lakersuck: a ton of shooting, Lou could do very well vs. D-Will because of his shooting ability. Perkins not very useful in this matchup.

10. RedNation

Donatas forget this, go to yung t vs. Vbg

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

overall, a very even matchup, and two well thought out teams.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i don't really have much time atm.. i'll try.. :)
    i think i may miss the voting on all of these..

13. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Dude, you are by far the best analyst. Please analyze my matchups too :)

14. RedNation

Just tizzle vs vbg