1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WC Quarter Finals #1: Jamers vs horry33

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by 123Rockets, Sep 2, 2012.

?

Who will win in a 7 games series?

1. Jamers

92.3%
  2. Horry33

7.7%
  1. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Please if possible, explain why a team is better after voting in the poll. Don't think just about big-name players or 1-on-1 match ups. Thunk about how they will player together as a team, leadership, if the team can finish in the clutch, things like that. Thanks!

Jamers

PG - Jason Kidd $3,090,000
    SG - Tony Allen $3,300,000
    SF - Paul Pierce $16,790,345
    PF - LaMarcus Aldridge 13,500,000
    C - Pau Gasol $19,000,000

Bench:
    G - Jrue Holiday $2,674,852
    G/F - Gerald Henderson $3,101,327
    F/C - Derrick Favors $4,753,320

VS

horry33
    PG: Lin
    SG: Kobe
    SF: K. Leonard
    PF: Duncan
    C: Camby

Bench
    G: I.Thomas
    F: Tyreke
    C: S. Hawes

Good luck!

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Super tough but I'll go with Jamers.

Lin would have to play a lower paced offense with horry's team and Lin, Kobe are not the best backcourt on defense. Tony Allen and Henderson would do really well guarding Kobe, Jrue Holiday could help a bit with Lin and also score on him.

Jamers has good spacing with his guys and switch his things up with the bench, I really don't like horry's bench and think it's a huge negative. Don't see non-shooting, ball-hogging Tyreke fitting with Lin, Kobe. Hawes has some question marks on individual defense, making him a liability vs. Gasol/Aldridge/Favors.

Think this would be a series with low scoring, Kidd, Pierce, Gasol, Aldridge succeed in that case and you'd always have a scoring option.

3. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Extremely tough, but I have to say Jamers. Lin would probably run and wear out the crap of Jason Kidd making him a negetive for Jamers. But, I do not like Evans on this team. Kobe needs to have unselfish players around him who don't demand touches. Lin and Evans dominate the ball. Veeery close as Jamers doesn't really have that bonafide star. I would still go with Jamers, but it is very close just because of Kidd and his age making him basically a non-factor now. Can't do much now except distribute. His defense is bad now too because of his inablility to move his feet. Kidd kinda reminds me of Derek Fisher now. But, Jamers still wins slightly because of depth.

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Jamers's FC is too much

5. jvu

jvu Member

tony Allen = best perimeter defender vs Kobe. James FC will dominate

6. Jamers

Jamers Member

Tell me who freaking bonafide stars.. Aldridge, pierce isnt enough 4 u?

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Jamers team will be great in halfcourt and solid on D. Good spacing, even with Tony Allen. Everyone else can knock down a jumper. The team is a bit slow, but the halfcourt offense will be very hard to stop imo, even for Leonard-Duncan-Camby. Passing is very good, post moves as well.
    And if Allen is hurting them, they have two guards with good size off the bench. Also, Favors is a great athlete (although not very skilled on either end) and could cause problems for all horry's bigs both in halfcourt and transition.

Horry's team looks much better in transition with Lin-Leonard-Kwahi and Thomas-Tyreke off the bench.
    In halfcourt, they seem to have ok but not great spacing. Camby and Duncan are solid from midrange, Leonard can hit a shot (but didn't shoot much), but overall the team lacks 3pt shooting. It might make sense to start Thomas over Lin for more shooting, and besides, Thomas is a good player overall on both ends. Anyway, both Lin and Thomas would cause Kidd a lot of problems both in halfcourt and transition. Kobe will be bothered by Allen somewhat.

Overall i think Horry's team has some tools to hurt Jamers' team (transition, quick, talented, athletic point guards, Kobe). But I think their inferior spacing will hurt their efficiency, while Jamers' team will have less problems in their halfcourt.

8. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

you are worried about Kobe's defense against tony allen and henderson? And at the same time henderson will do a good job defending kobe? And who on jamers team is going to guard duncan....

9. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

You guys overrate tony allen so much. you guys must be blinded by all the championships his teams have won....oh wait thats not it

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Didn't say I was worried about Kobe's defense. :confused:

Allen defends Kobe for most of the time, so don't know why you only mention Henderson as a defender vs. Kobe.

Aldridge and Gasol would do a good job guarding Aldridge, plus you have three ball hogs with Lin, Kobe, Tyreke and only one good 3pt shooter with Leonard.

His spacing and passing just seems better to me, your unit would probably have issues playing together.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Also, Kobe shot 38% FGs vs. Tony Allen in their 10 playoff games.