1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] LA Clippers vs. Utah

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 12, 2017.

?

LA Clippers vs. Utah

Poll closed Apr 15, 2017.
  1. Clippers in 4

1.7%
  2. Clippers in 5

6.9%
  3. Clippers in 6

13.8%
  4. Clippers in 7

29.3%
  5. Jazz in 7

19.0%
  6. Jazz in 6

29.3%
  7. Jazz in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Jazz in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

is joe johnson a top 10 clutch player of all time? i swear this guy does nothing but deliver in the final two minutes. someone's gotta have some numbers.

hakeem94 and Brown Lost It like this.
  2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He'll be fired as GM for sure but I bet Ballmer keeps him as head coach.

Jayzers_100 and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

he is long and good in the post. those two things age well because they are based more off skill and footwork than athleticism. team fear him from mid range so that opens up his three point shot. The clippers defense sucks too and he took advantage. Guys like Wesley Matthews and JJ Redick are going to get cooked by most players in the playoffs

4. i3artow i3aller

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

a lot of players can look good in a few games. watch him for a full season and you'd go i do not want.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So we have the bald black guy and the bald Asian guy sitting next to the bald white guy Steve Ballmer.

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

That hot chick behind him seems happy

8. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

so we have Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and a JJ Redick who will all probably leave the clippers if they lose. can you guys imagine if they all left deAndre Jordan after they got together to convince him to stay

if they are smart they can all join the 76ers and that team would be ****ing stacked with embiid, simmons, and those three, they have okafor and noel as possible trade fodder for a shooter and a nice bench.

The Warriors are going to sign someone big this off-season. They have curry coming off the books and only locking up $12 million, so they can sign a max player if they rescind everyone else, possibly Blake, reddick, or hayward. hopefully reddick.

#348 Brown Lost It, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Huh? I'm not a cap expert, but I live in the Bay Area and have not heard anything about the Warriors having anything close to enough cap space for a max player. The only things being talked about are re-signing Iggy and Livingston (after Curry and Durant, of course), and how much Javale McGee will cost. Griffin, Reddick, and Hayward aren't even on the radar.

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Delete. Whoops

11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

pretty much if they rescind everyone except for Green, curry, Durrant, Thompson then they will have Room to sign a max player depending on the max this season

this means iggy is gone

Blake Griffin and Gordon Hayward might have to leave some money on the table and not take the max the warriors can offer and that would be an issue considering they can get much more if they just stay with their current team. but pretty much every other free-agent can be at

I can see them playing it safe and keeping everyone and trying to add to their bench and getting a big man instead. they already have the talent they need to win they just need to fill out the rest of their team

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Joe Johnson is doing to the Clippers what Paul Pierce did to the Raptors in 2014-2015.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Ingles played all 82 games this season, averaged 24 minutes per game, and shot 44% from downtown. I'd gladly take that for a full season on the Rockets.

BigMaloe, dmoneybangbang and Easy like this.
  14. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

You're oversimplifying, I think. I don't understand the cap as deeply as some of the great posters around here, but with a projected cap of $102 million, $65.2 already on the books, and Curry's cap hold being something like $18.2 million to retain his rights, that gives them $18.6 million to work with. The max for Hayward and Griffin will be 30% of the cap, or about $30 million. They aren't taking a 40% pay cut just to chase rings. Redick is possible, I suppose.

That's if Durant opts in. If he opts out (which as I understand it was his original plan in signing a 1 year deal with a player option), they'll owe him an extra $8 million unless he cuts them a sweetheart deal, it's not covered by Bird Rights, and at that point they're having to renounce guys just to keep KD.

15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

wait to retain Currys it's 18.2 million? I always thought it was the salary of what he was making in the last year of his contract -- $12 mill.

if that's the case the never mind, thank god

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

That's my understanding, though I could be wrong.

CBA FAQ on cap holds.
    18.1 is the number quoted by Yahoo here.

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

He's up there, but should be behind Robert Horry.

18. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

[Pipe Dream] Harden should talk his buddy Durant into opting out and joining the Rockets

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Chris Paul is the most overrated star in NBA history.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

It will be interesting to see how will the Clippers crash and burn in this coming off season.

The best fit for DeAndre actually will be the Rockets, but it ain't going to happen.