1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (4)Oklahoma City vs. (5)Utah

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 11, 2018.

?

(4)Oklahoma City vs. (5)Utah

Poll closed Apr 14, 2018.
  1. Thunder in 4

1.6%
  2. Thunder in 5

1.6%
  3. Thunder in 6

23.4%
  4. Thunder in 7

11.7%
  5. Jazz in 7

16.4%
  6. Jazz in 6

39.1%
  7. Jazz in 5

4.7%
  8. Jazz in 4

1.6%
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Jazz have beaten them 3 times in a row. Only reason OKC won the first game is PG hit 8 3-pointers. They only won by 8 points.

If OKC's offense once again crashes and burns a few mins before halftime in game 5 and they stop rotating on defense, Jazz will close 'em out. I don't know why you expect OKC to bounce back. They didn't in games 3 and 4.

The Jazz have OKC measured and have no fear of them. After enduring a first quarter flurry, they just need to be patient and watch OKC go selfish again on both ends of the floor. OKC players care more about the personal tit for tat than they do about winning.

IMO, only way OKC wins game 5 is if the Jazz go ice cold from the field.

Rocket River, Sajan and luckyman76 like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Rockets have played this way since January and it was a big part of their 65 wins. They've also gone cold in games when Harden's resting no matter how well they move the ball. Well its the same style you're complaining about that happens when Harden rips the game wide open. If playoffs is about adjustments, predictability is fine when you make open shots. We live and die by the three and that happens Harden makes it happen.

What makes more sense to you, to flip the script now, or to try what you're suggesting when they've known about it months in with Morey suggesting to up the pace?

You're projecting too much. A word of friendly advice, you should be cooler and play it down when handling followers.

If it makes you feel better for being right, that'll be a great day for you. You lost the faith but won the point.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I edited it right after posting it, but it seems it was a bit too late, apologies. Take it easy man.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Damn. Go Rockets.

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Billy Donovan better get ready to twerk, because his ass is getting hotter and hotter with each loss o_O

Sajan likes this.
  6. arubato

arubato Member

Ideally yes but if it goes to game 7, all the momentum will be on OKC and I don't think the Jazz can overcome it.

Sajan likes this.
  7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

BigShasta likes this.
  8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Skip Bayless looks like a complete idiot as OKC getting to be eliminated by Utah. He cannot get away with the stupid stuff he said.

Mazulis and rockets1995 like this.
  9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

man, i remembered losing to them in the playoffs, but i forgot about kirilenko. i want them to play baron davis dunking on kirilenko at my funeral. i still go back to stockton and malone and hornacek and sloan for my real hate.

and yet something weird happened. they showed stockton in the stands, and i couldn't really hate him. i don't know what it was. maybe it's just so long ago and now i just appreciate the battles. or maybe it's just because he wasn't in uniform. still hate thinking of him on the 90's jazz, though.

macho GRANDE and fba34 like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh I agree. I said before this series started that Utah is just the better team. OKC is just a mess and no way they beat this Utah team.

I do think they have one more game where Westbrook takes over, I think Westbrook can get OKC this win game 5 but that's gonna be it for them.

But the Jazz can certainly win in OKC again and end this in 5.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

OK3 taking a long ass time to go to the damn podium.

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

The Jazz are dangerous, just like the Pelicans. Loving this beatdown!! Donovan Mitchell is something special man. Westbrook getting exposed like crazy in this series. Triple-double average and he hasn't lead, shown he doesn't play defense and now down 3-1. Looking bleak in OKC.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

WB hasn't taken over in 4 games and I doubt very much he does in game 5. I was looking for something special tonight but it didn't happen.

rockets1995 likes this.
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

A+ assessment. OKMe is not a team. Jazz play hard through the early barrage and encourage them to hit jumpers and play straight ISO. When no one else is involved and they can't get easy baskets in the paint they get lazy with jumpers and that lethargy and frustration translates to their D. Once you get them in foul trouble you own them.

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. WestendMassive

Russ had to make sure he looked pretty

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Russ throwing the coach under the bus. Said it wasn't his decision to stay in with 3 fouls.

Russ said the Ricky stuff is over.. Now no one is going to talk about it anymore? wtf?

amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  17. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Next round when we face them, we better not play Ryan Anderson when Mitchell is on the court, or at least we shouldn't switch Ryan onto to Mitchell(which is very hard). Mitchell, when guarded by Melo, shots 100%, literally 100% in this series, same thing will happen to Anderson.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The media is scared of Westbrook. This is absolutely amazing. He gets off the hook after talking that hot sh-t.

macho GRANDE and rockets1995 like this.
  19. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

The problem is WB has been very indecisive throughout the year because George/Melo are known all stars, so he can't jack up shots at will as he did last year against us. If he makes up him mind, he probably will have a game shooting 4 out of 18 in the fourth quarter just like what he did last year.

Sajan likes this.
  20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Luc will be back... game over Mitch.

hakeem94 likes this.