1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (2)LA Clippers vs. (7)Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 14, 2020.

?

(2)LA Clippers vs. (7)Dallas

Poll closed Aug 17, 2020.
  1. Clippers in 4

5.6%
  2. Clippers in 5

16.7%
  3. Clippers in 6

38.9%
  4. Clippers in 7

11.1%
  5. Mavs in 7

16.7%
  6. Mavs in 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Mavs in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mavs in 4

11.1%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't want to jump in on this. But that's the thing, heat of the moment. Racist comments against blacks and other minorities at the heat of the moment ruin people's careers. The argument is, what you say in the heat of the moment is what you really feel about something. I don't necessarily fully agree with the argument. But that's how it goes nowadays. You'd better watch your mouth in the heat of the moment.

2. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

B-Bob, Fefo and GradyMcTracy like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Downtown Sniper
    Is not from America so does he inherit our racial tense history ? Luka isn’t American either

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still a very entertaining series.

Seth the God of chaos.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/08/2...honestly-its-similar-to-steph-just-out-there/

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

This. Its fair to say durvasa has a point that it shouldnt diminish his stance on BLM (which i support)

But... Saying its a heat of the moment thing is weak sauce.

It should just be acknowledged by him and everyone around him that it was hypocritical. The sad thing is they would never acknowledge that.

clutchdabear and tinman like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not a moral apostle or saint but the better question should be did he get away with it? Or was it a technical?

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In my view, if you and the person you are interacting with live in America, then yes — unless the interaction is completely private. But “completely private” doesn’t generally exist, practically, as a private interaction will stick in a person’s memory and eventually affect how that person interacts with others in the society. It’s an interesting question, though.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love how he is so opposite of Steph. He doesn't showboat and act cocky after ripping a 3 PT shot. I actually enjoy seeing him come out and bring it. I can't even watch Steph Curry play anymore. His arrogance nauseates me.

10. likestohypeguy

As crazy as it is to see huge players who have guard skills and move like smaller ones, where the bigger X quicker the more fascinating (zion, bron, shaq), leonard kind of has the opposite fascination to my eyes. It's weird to see someone so "small" (not really, 6-7?!) & skilled, who is so strong. In little collisions, he doesn't get bumped off what he'd doing somehow. It looks impossible, bigger players just bounce off him, doesn't lose his dribble, doesn't get knocked off course to the hoop, like the laws of physics are being broken. Different gravity anchoring his mass.

Maybe it's leonard's tendency to not react to anything- I think lebron is/would be like this too, but he is a bit bigger so it doesn't look as funny, and is physically more dramatic in collisions that makes it look like he is more susceptible than he is.

#410 likestohypeguy, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    hakeem94 likes this.
  11. HardenVolumeOne

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t think anyone is debating either of those points, white boy. :p:D

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Remember.

Sprain is ligament issue, strain tendon.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Kawhi is good. But the Mavs defense is pretty bad. He can get to the rim at will, lots of times unmolested. You would think that with Porzingis there, they should have good rim protection.

Hakeemtheking and Fefo like this.
  15. the shark

the shark Member

Definitely agree deb.

You want people to hear where you're coming from, and to see who and what you are, NOT by the color of your skin, you don't make a PUNK ASS COMMENT like this!!

News flash to you idiot's on here that obviously do NOT get this. There are racist people of EVERY color and calling someone a "b**** ass white boy" is a racist freaking comment.

Oh but he said it "in the heat of the moment"????

GET THE F OUT OF HERE WITH THIS BULLSHIT!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why you creeping creepy creeper? o_O Liking posts I made in 2016...

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I unliked it after I read it all. Someone posted the link today and I clicked on it not realizing it was old. Wasn't creeping.

hakeem94 and RudyTBag like this.
  18. Fefo

Fefo Member

The mavs wings are too small for kwahi, and when they put somebody bigger like Kleber, he is not strong or athletic enough to do anything against him. That doesn't change, that playoff Kwahi is scary as hell.
    I think porzingis is good protecting the rim, but they are switching a lot into him to pull him out.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Pandemic P will show you doubters that he can show up for at least 1 game out of 7.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Game 7 and the Mavs win in 6 :D