1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Finals] (2)Phoenix vs. (4)LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 19, 2021.

?

Suns vs. Clippers

Poll closed Jun 20, 2021.
  1. Suns in 4

6.7%
  2. Suns in 5

16.7%
  3. Suns in 6

30.0%
  4. Suns in 7

20.0%
  5. Clippers in 7

6.7%
  6. Clippers in 6

13.3%
  7. Clippers in 5

3.3%
  8. Clippers in 4

3.3%
  1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You obviously never heard of Bud Adams, John McMullen or Cal McNair.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tilman is worse than them

BeBreezy and homewight like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-paul...-in-shoving-suns-to-nba-finals-165811031.html

“I just think it built up on Pat,” C.J. Paul, Chris' older brother, told Yahoo Sports. “That’s not a way to end it. I don’t know why he did that. I’ve looked at the play a few times and all Chris did was look at him, and that look was everything. That’s when you knew he took his heart. It’s crazy.

“[Beverley] has dictated certain outcomes with the way he plays by diving at Russ [Westbrook’s knee], leading to a meniscus tear, breaking Devin Booker’s nose and undercutting Chris. It’s not cool. I’m sure the league will step in and do something, but what he does is not how the game should be played.”

Beverley will face a suspension to start next season for that dangerous behind-the-back push, sources told Yahoo Sports.

“It’s a long time coming, and I’m finally happy he has a chance to win a title. But it’s great to see all the hard work paying off to get to this point,” C.J. Paul told Yahoo Sports. “Daryl Morey said he wasn’t going to trade Chris. Think about that. And now he’s going to the Finals on a team that three and four years ago he never would have played at. We thought Houston was going to be the last stop, and now it’s been two more stops. We’re just enjoying this, and I’m just happy for Chris.”

Paul may not have retaliated when it came to that push, but he was willing to do it in the context of the game.

“He’s always been the little guy everywhere. He had the small-guy complex growing up. He was always angry. He knew he always had to do more than everyone else. He does so much and plays so hard and passionate,” C.J. Paul told Yahoo Sports. “I tell people we couldn’t play on the same team. He’s not the easiest guy to play with. He’s two different people: A butthole on the court, and off the court, he’s chill. But that small-guy mentally is why he’s the player he is today.”

“I would say the pivotal moment of his career was not being able to help Houston when he pulled his hamstring in the conference finals against Golden State. You think you’ve done everything and your body just let you down,” C.J. Paul told Yahoo Sports. “And then in December, it happened again. That changed his mindset. We changed trainers, he switched up his diet and he’s pretty much been durable ever since. But before, he was always rehabbing to make himself better.”

“What we’re seeing right now is what we would have saw if Chris got the chance to play with Kobe [Bryant]. I feel like Dev [Booker] is the closest to Kobe that we have in this league, and I’m not trying to put pressure on him,” C.J. Paul told Yahoo Sports. “Chris is playing with a younger Kobe Bryant. Those two have the same mentality, both being dogs. We’re seeing a Chris and a younger Kobe.”

They’ve got the right leadership in place in Williams and Paul.

“People wrote him off. When you put him with guys he can lead, the sky’s the limit,” C.J. Paul told Yahoo Sports. “Oklahoma City and Phoenix allowed him to be himself and lead. When he played football growing up, he was the leader. That’s what he does. This was a great situation for him.”

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You're young at heart.

pippendagimp likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how is that weak? you mean pushing him or the apology?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Apology weaker than than his push, which was [​IMG]

“Emotions got the best of me.”
    “That wasn’t meant for you.”
    :rolleyes:

All he left out was “That’s not who I really am.” :rolleyes:

HTXSportsAddict and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I believe this as well

Rocket River

9. ronclone

ronclone Member

It's been known forever he started the plant based diet before the trade...

HewbieTrippin and YOLO like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was like less than a month before the trade
    Who knew what the results would be?

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sources?

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Harden was a better PG than CP3 ever was during a stretch where of the early games with the Nets. It can be argued when healthy and on point.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

posted about it on several occasions

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol Harden will never be on Cp3's level. Just his body of work with Phoenix proves this. Harden did good for a shooting guard playing point guard, I guess.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We simply don't make the playoffs if it wasn't for Harden's scoring run. We came out the hardest stretch of that season with a winning record with Paul, Gordon, and Capela all injured at some point.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The Suns were 2-0 up on the Clippers without CP3. Also the Clippers were without Kawhi, I'm not sure if this Suns team has proven anything other than they are better at staying healthy.

They beat Lakers without AD and injured Lebron, Nuggets without Murray, and Clippers without Kawhi, now they are going to play either Hawks without Trae or Bucks without Giannis

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

They’ve proven they’re the team that made it to the nba finals in the west. That’s all that matters. And showing they were the team they were in the regular season. Everything else is out of their control. And both Trae and Giannis will likely return at some point.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

+