1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Finals] (1)LA Lakers vs. (3)Denver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 15, 2020.

?

(1)LA Lakers vs. (3)Denver

Poll closed Sep 18, 2020.
  1. Lakers in 4

1.7%
  2. Lakers in 5

18.3%
  3. Lakers in 6

31.7%
  4. Lakers in 7

8.3%
  5. Nuggets in 7

30.0%
  6. Nuggets in 6

8.3%
  7. Nuggets in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Nuggets in 4

1.7%
  1. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

I didn’t say anything about any team lol

just in general my guy

but I do know I never heard a laker fan ever say it was conspiracy why we lost ijs

2. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I’ll take Kobe over him as number 2, at least Kobe did it with one team and won again twice without Shaq. Kobe really did have a killer mentality and was a master assassin. LeBron is more like a master manipulator to benefit his legacy.

Kobe had a Shaq and a Pau Gasol to get his 5 championships out of his 7 tries in the tough West.

LeBron is doing it over 3 teams and had

Dwayne Wade
    Chris Bosh
    Kyrie Irving
    Kevin Love
    And soon an Anthony Davis

to get his 4 rings out of 10 tries (9 in the lowly East)

RustyHarden likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kobe was KD going to Golden State . . . .as a rookie

Rocket River

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Do the Spurs in 2014 count? Cleveland 2016? I know Toronto is a big city but for NBA purposes it isn't a storied franchise or anything.

It is frustrating that despite complete incompetency from the Lakers for years, they fell ass-backwards into LBJ and AD.

5. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

Dudes don’t know what their talking about the last time a major market won is when Miami won in 2013
    San Antonio
    Toronto
    Cleveland
    Golden State
    Are not major markets

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Miami is nor a major market. Miami is 16th in country behind a city like Houston which is top 10..

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

All a direct result of LBJ doing it and setting the precedent himself. The other guys are trying to catch LeBron, why should they have to go through the grind if LeBron didn't?

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Mike, Zeke, Wade at that time and others were the only guys lifting a mediocre franchise up to relevance.

Dudes like Bird and Magic were handed the silver spoon playing for an Alltime franchise.

As much as I agree with you on the mercenary aspect, Cleveland is still a hell hole of a team and franchise.

Never been a stan of Dan Gilbert either, just pity his son.

It would have been much easier for Lebron, if he was from LA though.

#708 daywalker02, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Miami is a fascinating city but an average sized market IMO.

A god city for sure.
    Toronto is also a bona fide bustling city.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

This might be the dumbest post I've seen all week.

LeBron is soooo smart and a "master tactician" that he wanted to go to Cleveland only to waste 7 years of his career there? LeBron is soooo smart and a "master tactician" that he went back to Cleveland in 2014 as a free agent instead of signing with Golden State?

You don't have to be a tactician to know that AD > Lonzo Ball, Ingram, picks, etc. Especially since you'll pick at the end of the first round for so many years. Who wouldn't leave Cleveland, knowing that other teams would be better?

11. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

well that’s my opinion, and I’m sure others think the same, it doesn’t matter if you think it’s dumb or not. He went to Cleveland and wasted 7 years as you said because he was drafted there and tried to get it done with his hometown but couldn’t.

In your second part you are actually proving my point, he went to Cleveland again when they were in a much better position, if he wins he would be hailed as the hometown savior.

Again he goes to LA knowing a team like that, stars will follow him. He is basically the one who started the whole star going to a team and bringing other stars with him.