1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[WC Finals] (1)LA Lakers vs. (3)Denver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 15, 2020.

?

(1)LA Lakers vs. (3)Denver

Poll closed Sep 18, 2020.
  1. Lakers in 4

1.7%
  2. Lakers in 5

18.3%
  3. Lakers in 6

31.7%
  4. Lakers in 7

8.3%
  5. Nuggets in 7

30.0%
  6. Nuggets in 6

8.3%
  7. Nuggets in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Nuggets in 4

1.7%
  1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Chris Paul > Cliff Paul > "New Chris Paul"

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

Damn I wish the rockets made the finals then I could’ve made
    ROCKTOBER a THING

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

See what I mean

Rocket River

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We were 1 role player stepping up per game from going 7

Could have been house. . .but one

Rocket River

BigShasta likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

EXACTLY. He's set the precedent to be GOAT recruiter. Team jumping and teammate recruiting is all his career has been. If he stayed in Cleveland from the beginning, he'd probably have 0 or maybe 1 ring and the blaming it on the organization excuse doesn't stand anymore because it's clear Bron was playing boss from the start trying to get a head start on his "ghost" chase and it back fired. It only worked in Cleveland post Miami because they got talent that needed an all time great leader that LeBron CAN be to bring it all together and they still only got it after a tired and exhausted Warriors team was at lower strength. I'm also tired of the pass he gets for abandoning not just Cleveland the first time for Miami, but abandoning Miami after failing to deliver on any promises and seeing the team get older after Cleveland had built enough "assets" to build the help he needed out East. He ditched Mimai the same way he did Cleveland and sold everyone a "I'm coming home" story and everyone ate his bullshit. He's nothing but a mercenary.

HP3 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alfonso Ribeiro.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would think you have your right to be bitter but let's face the music.

The Gilbert up there in Cleveland wouldn't have made it easy to win multiple ones, they would have had their differences either way.

Ohio/Cleveland isn't just a market where you can come in and contend right away.

And Dwyane was his guy he respected the most back then. No brainer.

Kawhi is a mercenary as well, so is Durant.
    A lot of them are.

LBJ is still the greatest talent Cleveland has ever seen in their entire history.....he wasn't even being bad at playing part time GM.

And I bet only guys like Lebron or Wade would have returned to their franchises after winning titles elsewhere and won another one.

#687 daywalker02, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  8. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

Y’all rocket cats are some bitter ass men. My gawd move the **** on. Your team fn sucks

9. Theking

Theking Member

Cladyclad mad cos he got ass raped by his daddy dad

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How you going to tell us to move on when you're team is in the finals and you're still on our forums talking to Rockets fans???

If the Rockets were in the finals I'd be looking so far ahead, the team we beat in the 2nd round would be in the rear view mirror.

11. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Not taking anything from Lebron’s greatness, but his whole career has been timely, orchestrated and calculated, from the moment he stepped out of high school its like he knew he was going to his hometown team. Rigged NBA lottery?

The feel good story of hometown hero ends quick and he bolts Cleveland to form the big three in Miami and wins 2 championships and then when the writings on the wall for that team (contracts about to be up and going only 2-2 in the finals) he goes back to Cleveland when they already have a rising star in Kyrie and have the no.1 pick and wills them to trade for Kevin Love.

Yes they got one from Golden State, but if they had played the Warriors 10 times in the finals, Warriors would win 9 times. It just happened that LeBron won it in their second try.

The writing was on the wall again and this Cleveland team’s window was closing so he bolts to LA and wills them to trade for AD.

The guy is a master tactician and knows how to carefully manipulate the system to his benefit.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, I bet his plans included going to the GSW or beating them.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even if Grant took a 2 million a year salary cut (which would never happen) to stay with Denver, a tough economy wouldn't matter. He makes 9 million a year right now. Sorry, that logic doesn't fly with me, even if he took a pay cut, and even if he blew all the money off his last contract, which is unlikely. He probably already owns a home.

He could sign a 3 year contract for 7 million a year, buy a 2 million dollar house, in cash, live off a 1 million a year, put the rest in retirement funds and property investments, and never have to worry.

If you can't set yourself up for life off 21 million dollars working 3 years then something's wrong with you. Seriously. People work 20 years without making 1/4 of what he would make in 3 years and still retire happy.

#693 deb4rockets, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Mr. Dominant and BigShasta like this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Why would you only make 21 million if your market value was 60 million??? You just want to give your billionaire boss a discount?

Mr. Dominant likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

All that said . . . ..
    I still have him ahead of Kobe

If Kobie doesn't muscle his way out of Charlotte . .. he would not be in the conversation at all either

Rocket River

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's not what I said at all. I said the economy shouldn't matter when you make that kind of cash. Its not like you are struggling, regardless of whether a huge portion of Americans are.

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

There are a lot of billionaire bosses paying their slave workers less than $20 an hour.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

LeBron's team had the lead in the game, and was up 3-1 on a clearly overmatched Nuggets team. There's hardly any pressure on LeBron to hit those shots. And if LeBron doesn't hit those shots, you have Davis to either do so, or play really good defense so that the Nuggets don't get any ideas.

When's the last time a Harden-led Rockets team was up 3-1 on a clearly overmatched team in the Western Conference finals?

Mr. Dominant and JumpMan like this.
  19. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

I’m hate fake basketball fans. It’s no conspiracy. It’s not what the nba wanted. The refs didn’t cheat. Grown men get hurt their fav team suck and lash out like women.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You're naive if you think Laker fans don't act the same way after a loss. I know. I've seen it. Many times.

I hate fans that come to a fan forum then get mad that fans of another team don't react the way you want them to.

I always like that the mods here always discouraged us from posting things from other fans forums/reddits whatever because that's their place, that's their house, let them whine and complain about whatever they want to.