1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Finals] (1)LA Lakers vs. (3)Denver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 15, 2020.

?

(1)LA Lakers vs. (3)Denver

Poll closed Sep 18, 2020.
  1. Lakers in 4

1.7%
  2. Lakers in 5

18.3%
  3. Lakers in 6

31.7%
  4. Lakers in 7

8.3%
  5. Nuggets in 7

30.0%
  6. Nuggets in 6

8.3%
  7. Nuggets in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Nuggets in 4

1.7%
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

they didn't have the real mvp, davis

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he has more to fear from the refs honestly.

Jokic made 37 3's in the playoffs shooting at .440 from behind the arc. Murray made 53 3's at .491. Harden had the most made 3's on our team with 39, but was only shooting .333 from behind the arc.

Both Jokic and Murray have higher FG% than anyone on our team did in they playoffs. So, considering all that I think they have more of a chance than we did beating the Lakers. Besides, Jokic's height should give them more of an advantage at the rim as well.

But......I know in my gut it will be impossible for Denver to win if the officials let LeBron and AD have their way.

#42 deb4rockets, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  3. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Gobert was giving Jokic fits, AD is like that except more nimble on his feet. Of course Jokic probably has one of the highest BBIQ's in the NBA, so he will adjust accordingly. It's a very interesting matchup. We might see Plumlee+Jokic vs. AD+Howard/Javale a lot this series.

pippendagimp likes this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

Pulling for Denver Chicken McNuggets, try to do it in less than 7 games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tinman, RustyHarden and deb4rockets like this.
  5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Lebron in 3

Jontro likes this.
  6. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

So Dwight Howard is about to get a ring before Harden.

:eek:

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't get the Howard hate. He was one of the most generous and nicest to the fans of any player on the team.

8. adoo

adoo Member

B4 this year, he had been a terrible teammate, as can be attest by his former Rox/Lakers teammates.

when, he was w the LaL, Kobe and Gasol lobbied hard to waive that selfish mofo​

#48 adoo, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Denver getting no credit for the clippers victory
    They would certainly ruin Nba pushing for LeBron and the lakers if they win

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

Jus the opposite, people are giving them credit for back-to-back come-from-behind series wins in the playoffs, in particular against the Clips

11. tinman

Supporting Member

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Don’t go watching popular tv shows
    They don’t want the nuggets to win

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Denver absolutely have to throw this game, tonight. The last two teams that won a game 1 against the Lakers lost 4 in a row after that.

16. hakeemthagreat

Wonder if Denver will start a 6'4 center and jack 3's up all series. Doesnt those analytics give them the best chance 2 beat the LAL?????

Exiled likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ernie: Scott Foster is officiating the game
    TNT Crew: Uh oh
    Shaq: C-Webb, you remember Scott Foster don't you.

They don't even try to hide it.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  18. Exiled

Exiled Member

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Denver has potentially the highest ceiling of all the teams left. They have a top 5 player, a second player that has played like a top 5 player for 14 straight games, then solid support.

but they also have the lowest floor of the teams left.

they can get swept. They can win in 6/7.

I’m rooting for them as hard as I’ve ever rooted for a non Rockets team lol.

It’s not a Lebron hate. I wouldn’t mind if Lebron won honestly. He has a legit argument as the best player ever, which only a few players can say, and is having as good a year as any, and while he indeed is “only” 3-6 in the Finals.... that’s still 3 trophies. If he wins a 4th with a 3rd team that’s pretty close to MJesque, especially if you correctly factor in the 6 Finals losses are still better than earlier round losses. 4-6 in the Finals would be better than 4-2 .... even though the media wouldn’t frame it that way. Then you have to also factor in the longevity. MJ did retire. As much as folks want to asterisk the Rockets title because MJ wasn’t there (besides him being there the second year)... he wasn’t there... he left... cause mentally he was f’d up at that point. Am I supposed to put Ty Lawson into the HOF for having a few good seasons then becoming an alcoholic?? Not apples to apples but along the same lines... MJ has personal issues and as such didn’t play as long.

no... I’m rooting for the Nuggets because they are fun as **** to root for. Jokic is THE offensive model for what a new age dominant offensive big can be. Doesn’t have to be plodding like him but can create with passes, hit threes or play on the block, set screens, roll... basically do everything a guard can do. Murray is as smooth and enjoyable to watch scoring PG as there is when he’s on. MPJ looks like he just doesn’t give AF and will be a star. Millsap and the role players all play hard, tough and don’t seem scared of the moment. And i always liked Mike Malone as a head coach and thought he got the shaft in Sacramento.

go Nuggets!

20. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

chris webber and reggie miller both commentating. what did we do to deserve this?