1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WC: China vs Algeria 08/30

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by windandsea, Aug 30, 2002.

1. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

LOL!:D

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

WinkFan:- I must agree with you! I feel positive Yao wont be the 2nd. best Center in the NBA, when he come into the Rox!But after a couple of months expect him to slowly find his bearings. By the way Yao Ming is not hoping to be the 2nd best center in the NBA. Only the 1st will be good enough for him! Say, about his third Season IMHO.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

<b>Hey, I am Fu&*ing excited. I cannot wait for the season. And I am glad to hear you mention some of the other Rockets in your plan for a championship. But I just think we ought to know that we are sitting on the dark horse and we have to ride it through the arch. We are not on the Golden Chariot.</b>

I never said I had a plan for the Rockets to win a championship, all I'm saying is that fans are saying the Rockets could win the championship IN THE FUTURE if things are work out. I don't see people seriously saying the Rockets could win the title next year. I think the fans who are excited and talking championship are saying that because they think the Rockets have the building blocks for a contender in the future. I think that's the point that is being missed. People think this team can be a contender in the future. At least that us what comes across to me when I see people getting excited about Ming. It could also be the fact that the Rockets had a miserable season last year and there is serious hope for the future. Who knows? But the fans are excited, and that is something Houston has had in a few years. Either way I don't look at this as a "Ming hysteria", I look at this as fans getting excited about the #1 pick in the draft.

#143 RocksMillenium, Aug 31, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2002
  4. DavidS

WinkFan,

If a 14 years old kid post, "Francis sucks." Are you going to take it
    seriously?

There are a lot of "troll" type posts like that. Please don't be sooooo
    sensitive that you aren't able to weed out the trolls from the fans.

By the way, fan's have the right to express their opinion towards
    a player that they think is not carrying their share of the workload;
    i.e., Cato. Especially if they are getting paid a big contract. That
    will never change.

5. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Rockets definitely have the building blocks, conceded. Definitely.

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I don't want to make it seem like there's one group of fans more excited then others, that's definitely not the case. I just think the fans you see coming out talking championships are the fans that have kind of been laying in the weeds waiting for something good to happen for the team. If you notice, everytime something big happens it causes a stir (Francis trade, Griffin trade, Ming draft, Mo signing, Shandon signing), so obviously you'll always hear fans talking championships. But I don't take it to seriously because once the season starts you'll hear the same fans kind of come back down to earth and talk about getting a #6 or #7 seed in the playoffs. So all I say is go with the flow! :)

7. DavidS

Yetti,

The one thing that can't get out of my head is: "He's such a great player
    that he makes everyone else around him better."

We've all heard that, right? Well, Francis will make Ming better, and vice
    versa. I can't wait!!

I mean, think about this. If Yao can get 16 points with only 15 minutes
    of play and then get 38 the next night surounded by a bunch of "scrubs!"

Imagine Yao with his Rocket team mates!!! We wont care how
    many points he has since there will be a balanced attack!!!

Basically, he's making his team soooo much better. Does anyone remember
    what happned to the University of Houston in 1985 season after Akeem
    left?

This is the future!!!!

Francis: 21pts, 10ast
    Mobley: 28, 2stl
    Griffin: 15,12rbs,3bks
    Ming: 14pts, 18rbs, 5bks
    Boki: 10, 7rbs

8. Miggidy Markell

I seriously doubt that Kandi could get anything close to those numbers playing against my grandma, the guy sucks!

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

cato would probably match the rebounding but he would struggle mightily trying to get 10 points. remember it takes mooch and steve throwing oops to even involve cato offensively. if the chinese guards can't get the ball in to a 7'6" beast, cato with no post up game would have no shot.

the only player on your list who could put up those numbers is david robinson.

10. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

11. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

12. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Don't you just hate it when you're playing basketball at the rec center and you go up to block a shot but you bang your hand on the rim instead? I can relate to Yao. :D

13. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Yeah that does suck. And when you grab a rebound and you bang you elbows on the rim trying to shake defenders. Or poke your eye on the corner of the glass. Sucks hard.:p

14. DavidS

ROTFLOL!!!!!!! :D