1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC 1st round] L.A. Clippers vs. Memphis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 18, 2013.

Tags:
?

(4) L.A. Clippers vs. (5) Memphis

1. Clippers in 4

2.1%
  2. Clippers in 5

10.6%
  3. Clippers in 6

19.1%
  4. Clippers in 7

19.1%
  5. Grizzlies in 4

1.1%
  6. Grizzlies in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Grizzlies in 6

18.1%
  8. Grizzlies in 7

29.8%
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How's you Star-less team going to get out of this now. Oh well mediocrity continues.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Clippers actually have other players who are scoring threats to keep the defense honest, giving Paul enough room to operate. When we ISO Harden, it's basically one on five.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

CP3 was much better than harden at age 23. He had a PER of 30. CP3 is just better than Harden.

4. clippy

clippy Member

No, iso is a bad idea almost all the time except when you specifically need to go for the last shot of the game. Iso was what caused the Clippers to blow a double digit lead and need a game winner. Vinny Del Numbskull needs to have a few plays in his book for when he faces a better team.

5. clippy

clippy Member

6. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

They are.

Just cause it works once doesn't mean its your best option. Open shots are always better than a contested mid ranged fadeaway jumper.

You're lucky if your iso ends up in a layup. That's poor defense, not any merit on the ISO play itself. ISO play is just hoping random luck works out for you, while a set play is a strategy.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

You do know this is Harden's first year starting right?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Some of you don't remember that when CP3 was 23, he was the whiniest girl in the NBA when it came to contact. When the Hornets met the Nuggets in the playoffs one year, Dahntay Jones played him very physical and CP3 basically gave up. He was humiliated and the Hornets lost by almost 60 points at home because Jones kicked his behind so hard it all of the Hornets players got sore.

He's matured the last 4 years into what he is now. Give Harden some time. This was his first season at THE man. Not saying he will ever be as good as CP3, but cut him some slack.

1 person likes this.
  9. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Good post. Repped.

10. what

what Member

He's not a whinny girl anymore?:confused:

11. REEKO_HTOWN

Enjoy Tony Allen for the rest of the first round because he's ours next season (hopefully)

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When you go to them repeatedly down the stretch like the Clippers did, they are often very bad. But on the final possession of a game, TIMING is as important as anything else. Isolations are the best way to guarantee your top player takes the last shot (or that you get off a legit FGA in time) without a TO and without leaving time on the clock for the other team.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

How long you have been watching basketball?

The reason teams run isolation plays in the last few minutes of a game is because they are trying to reduce the chances of a turnover. I have been watching pro bb for over 25 years and unless somebody can come up with a better explanation, I am sticking to it. lol

14. clippy

clippy Member

The Clipp offense after about the 4 min mark (when they apparently decided to eat clock) was a disgrace to basketball and, sadly, a very common occurence in the VDN era. Paul deserves some blame but it's mostly on the coach for not giving direction in crunchtime simply because he has a player with some reputation for big moments. This is also known as Kobe system except in that case it doesn't matter whatthe coach says and the percentages are lower.

15. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

He's a whiny b*tch now ;:p

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I was neutral watching the game, but when the Clippers stupidly started trying to milk the clock and it bit them, I wanted them to lose. VDN might be the only coach in the playoffs with a lower IQ than coach Bonehead at OKC. Clippers nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Only CP3's individual brilliance saved them.

17. what

what Member

Arthur was held on that last play, then was pushed out of the way so that Blake could get the tip in, Paul apparently can jump into you going for the ball and get fouled, DJ did kick the ball out of bounds off his foot, not Gasol, the jump ball was so low that paul could get it on the way up.

i'd like to know when the grizzlies got ANY call?

18. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Clutch was saying with his sarcasm, that in essence, Isolation plays are good. I'm saying that overall, they are bad.

Arguably you could say in the last few seconds, they are good, you want them in your hands of your best player. I can't find fault with that.

However, if ISO plays are what you run repeatedly, all you will get is Stevie Franchise era basketball of dribble, dribble, crossover, clunk.

19. clippy

clippy Member

I know there was at least one blocking foul on Paul that should have been a charge. Webber mentioned it. On the last play, Allen foled Paul before Paul pushed off, so good no call. I thought the refs called too much ticky tack crap, same as game 1. If the Grizz hit their freebies they would have won.

Memphis will get home cooking in the next two games. It's just a part of this corrupt league.

20. what

what Member

your team got the best of the calls, and it wasn't even close. you really want to come in here and claim that those ridiculous calls were even on both sides? Come on now.

Also, yes multiple people called a time out Tony Allen included. Just be happy that you guys escaped with a win.