1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WBC: China vs Russia 09/03

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by windandsea, Sep 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. aznlincolnpark

2. aznlincolnpark

it probably sum miscommunication between me and you.... dude!! make your point clear next time....

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think many people are misinterpreting the blocked shot stat.

There is nothing to block. Everyone is too initimidated to come in the lane and challenge him.

Even the USA team stopped coming in the lane on him after he swatted early shots.

I don't want him out there chasing the jump shooters outside the arc. Do you?

4. almostReady

almostReady Member

That's a foul, isn't?
    Who can possiblly guard that shot? Yao Ming should shoot 40 times a game, at a conservative 50% accuracy, that 40 points plus free throws. Damn!

5. zuoluohero

zuoluohero Member

YAO's right hand was hurt yesterday.

6. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Is it just me, or does Yao look a lot stronger, upper body. here than we've heard about?...No Shaq, but no daisy either...

#46 MacBeth, Sep 4, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2002
  7. Old School

Old School Member

From the Houston Chronicle:

China out

With Yao Ming still unable to play a major role in the Chinese offense, China was officially eliminated from medal-round contention, collapsing in the second half in a 95-68 loss to Russia.

For the second consecutive game, Yao took just two shots in the first half. He finished with 13 points on 4-of-6 shooting with nine rebounds. He struggled from the line for the first time in the tournament, making five of 11 shots.

8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The China NT offense is terrible, they should make sure to include some kind of coaching assistance from the Rockets in Yao's contract because this Wang Fei guy doesn't know what the hell he is doing. You have to find a way to get Yao the ball and he just makes it more difficult than it has to be. I don't care if this means shifting 3 players to the far baseline so Yao can get some room for a decent entry pass, they would have a much better chance of winning. I like the whole team concept they have but all they've accomplished is losses and making Yao and the team look bad.

9. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Anybody have his stats and averages for the tournament? I'm curious what his fg% and ft% are. Oh, he still has one more game, maybe it should wait until after the game vs. New Zealand.

edit: here's what I found on fiba.com: this is for 5 games, I'm not sure if it includes tonight's game or not.

5 games
    134 minutes
    27/38 FG at a %71.1 clip
    1/1 3pt
    31/45 FT at a %68.9clip (I don't remember him missing that many)
    12 off rebs
    26 def rebs
    38 total rebs
    11 assists
    17 fouls
    19 turnovers
    1 steal (that can't be right)
    13 blocks

26.8 mins/game
    17.6 points/game
    7.6 shot attempts per game (dammit)
    9 FT attempts per game (that's like Stack or AI, damn)
    7.6 rebs/game
    2.2 assists/game
    3.4 fouls/game
    3.8 turnovers/game (man maybe Francis won't lead the Rocks in TO's)
    2.6 blocks/game

#49 Nolen, Sep 4, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2002
  10. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

Yao's thoughts in this photo:

1. "If I close my eyes and wish really hard,when I open them Steve and Cat will be my guards"

2. (after opeining eyes)"Aaaarrrrrggghhhh,I'm still playing with these crappy guards"

3. (shouting to the Chinese guards)"Hey,I'm over heeeerrrrrreeee. I'm the really tall guy. Throw it to me moron"

11. coolpet

coolpet Member

watching chinese play is such a pain in ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man, so frustrate! fire the coach!!!!!!! EVERY TIME, the china seems to make a run, some stupid turn over ruin it!!!!!! EVER TIME!!!! I am mad :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. PhiSlammaJamma

This is actually China's All Star team. So keep that in mind. all the players think they are good. And some of them are. So Ming isn't going to get the ball. I'm not all that concerned about it. The guy was getting 25 shots on his regular team. This is just a matter of too many good player on a team. Relatively speaking of course.

13. prlen

prlen Member

that is not China's All Star team.
    Bench-warmer£¡

14. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

15. windandsea

16. windandsea

17. windandsea