1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wayne Hall: Tracy McGrady Is Not Soft and Weak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Apr 1, 2008.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Read this exclusive interview of Wayne Hall, Tracy McGrady's personal trainer, by Wang Meng of Titan Sports.

Maybe we have all misunderstood Tracy.

ENJOY !! :D :D :cool:

2. soysauce

soysauce Member

Every superstar in the NBA has worked hard, no matter how gifted they might be. T-Mac worked hard enough and is one of the few players that became an elite player after skipping college and not just another wasted talent.

3. pryuen

And maybe Wang Meng wanted to demonstrate that he is not fabricating the above excluive interview with Wayne Hall, he provided the following photos (probably given to him by Wayne Hall or edited from DVD training videos of Wayne Hall) to substantiate the genuineness of his interview. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. wingz0

wingz0 Member

The question isn't whether he has worked hard to become who he is. Because we all know he has. God-given talent alone isn't enough to turn a skinny 6'8" defensive SF with the Raptors to a scoring machine in Orlando.

But the question bugging Tmac, imo, is whether he has maintained that level of hard work. I'm sure he's still working hard, but in terms of dedication and drive to become better, I'm not sure if he has put in that extra level of work needed.

I've been a fan of his since the Magic days, and I can tell you his offensive game has regressed as a whole. You can't stop the body from degenerating as you get older and lose some of that freakish athleticism, but the great ones always found ways to compensate. The MJs, the Kobes, the Dreams of the NBA, they all developed something else as they got older, but I'm not sure I'm seeing it with Tmac. If anything, his jumper alone doesn't look as fluid as it did in the past, neither is it more deadly.

I don't think Tmac is soft by any means, I just question his desire sometimes despite all the talk he says.

5. sar4l

sar4l Member

i want to buy that training video but i cant find it anywhere at all

6. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Seems like the court in his house doesn't have the NBA range 3-point line.

Maybe that's why Mac's so much better at shooting those deep 2s than NBA 3s?

Just wondering.

7. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I am not hating on McGrady here but do you think his personal trainer would say anything in an interview that wasn't positive and upbeat when the topic is about the guy that writes his paychecks?

Even if he thought McGrady was soft, he wouldn't admit it publicly.

Think about it.

8. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Talk about beating a dead horse to death.

How many times has this issue, or a very similar issue been discussed?

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

That Wang guy sounds like he reads this forum.

10. scola4president

Now i never hate on McGrady and this is what his trainer is saying, but how come it seems every year is the first year he actually trust his teamates? Ive heard that one to many times.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Maybe its cuz they disappeared on him during the playoffs.

12. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

come on guys please loosen up ur hate on tmac i know he's not perfect he does have his problems but he's only human and seriously his injuries are more serious and painful than it seems, i have had back spasms and knee tendonitis and its painful stuff and u lose so much explosiveness cause its so painful.
    so plz stop the hate and support the guy

13. pryuen

And EXACTLY that is why I spent 2 hours to do that translation of Wang Meng's exclusive interview of Wayne Hall.

But it seems the hate is still pouring in...... :mad:

14. bbjai

bbjai Member

Im not trying to discredit what your saying either, but wouldn't that also apply to all the good comments Yao Ming gets?

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Alicia Silverstone's Mother: My daughter's career is going great; she's still a star in hollywood today.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There is a difference between off the court dedication and on the court mentality and toughness. I have never questioned Tracy's dedication to keeping himself in shape and honing his skills. Many misguided people here have done so, most of whom have no idea what they are talking about. You don't get as good as Tracy without dedication to practice and working out.

My concern is his toughness and determination during games, which is clearly lacking on occasion. This is observable by us fans. Some players (no matter how dedicated or non-dedicated they are off the court) turn into tenacious combat warriors when the game starts. Look at Kobe, AI, Wade, KG, Paul Pierce, Nash, Manu and now even LeBron. Tracy isn't like that group.

I've always given Tracy an "A" for dedication to basketball, but I give him a B-/C+ for leaving it all on the court during games. Too many times I've seen him pull back when the other team plays physical. Too often, he takes the easy way out with long jumpers instead of working harder for a better shot. That's his personality.

17. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

Tmac will bring it hard in the playoffs... hopefully it will be enough!!

I got your back Tracy!!!!!!! DO IT!!!!!! :rolleyes:

18. modelmomo

modelmomo Member

whatever...
    Tmac sucks!
    This team sucks!

19. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

He was never known as a slacker in the playoffs, just that he didnt have enough to get to the next level. That would be teammates that contribute but fickle fans blame him because of his level of talent.

As far as his game not improving, maybe his shot is off from what it was (a bad back an d waist/lower back will do that to you), but he has improved his playmaking and passing tremendously.

I love it when fans think the only aspect to basketball is shooting or dunking. Geez

20. marciagong

marciagong Member

Wow, you're from China and you're telling that this team sucks. I believe the Chinese national team sucks even more. I doubt if you could win one game against the weakest team in this league. :rolleyes: