1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wasn't the trade for Francis supposed to help us make the a Championship Con?????!!..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shandon40, May 18, 2000.

1. Shandon40

Shandon40 Member

I mean, Before the season when we got Francis, Everybody was talking about Francis helping us win a title, and make us a championship contending team, but instead of all that bull#$%&, look at us....now we aren't even in the playoffs!..heh..so much for the championship!

------------------

2. TraJ

TraJ Member

Well, let's see. I don't remember anyone saying that Francis alone was the answer. That was said when Olajuwon and Barkley were healthy and we still had Pippen. I'm not saying we would have won the championship, but I think we would have made the playoffs.

------------------

3. DUDE

DUDE Member

Man are you serious? That talk was when we had a healthy Dream a healthy CHuck and still had Pippen.
    Without those guys what Steve and the guys did was amazing.
    Take away the three best players off any other team and see how far they drop. What Steve showed this year is that if anything we UNDERESTIMATED his skills.

------------------

4. DUDE

DUDE Member

Traj beat me to it..

------------------

5. Puff

Puff Member

A championship was believeable before the injuries, but there was no way we were going to beat the Lake Show. Shaq owns Dream in this stage of their careers. Anyways getting rid of Pippen was worth not making the playoffs.

Long Live Chuck

------------------
    A Chuck paraphrase:

It was surreal! And I don't even know what that means!

Charles after Eddie hit THE SHOT

6. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

I agree, not having to watch Pippen bounce the ball off nose in the last seconds of a deciding game is worth the pain of sitting at home working on mock drafts. Who are you anyway?

------------------

7. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Am going to take a different aproach , let's pretend that Pipmyster never did say the things he said and he was never traded , lets imagine for a sec. that was the case , also say that CB and Hak did not have the injuries they did have ...who would we have ?

PIP , Anderson , Francis , front court Hak , and CB

On paper this is a great team but the negative to this is that the middle would have been clogged up specially w/both Hak and CB there , if Rudy T. would have been willing to change the starting rotation a little and bring CB off the bench then I can see this working out much better for us , so CB comes in off the bench and so does Cuttino Mobley ... great players of the bench don't u think ? and at the same time it avoids the middle being clogged and it would have allowed both Pip and Francis to have had a one two punch , throw in there the slashing style of Anderson and it would have been hard to match up w/us in the backcourt.

Could this have taken us all the way back to the finals ???? never know specially the way LA has played thus far but I think we would have had a much better chance against the Blazers and other teams around the league.
    One more thing , would have Francis been able to show what he could do ? maybe not since our vets would have been playing but he would have had his nights in wish he would have taken over a game just not as often and you could have waived good bye to co-rookie of the yr. too ....

------------------
    It's all about marketing !