1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WASHINGTONTIMES] Gilbert Arenas expects return to Elite Status

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bamtonio, Aug 12, 2009.

1. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

2. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

If Agent Zero, Tmac and JO all return to elite status. I say we replace the Statue of Liberty with a giant Tim Glover statue

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

who isn't returning to elite status now a days.......... :D

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

gilbert can return to all-star status; he's that good.

jermaine o'neal, not so much

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Agent Zero is VERY capable of being elite again, just like McGrady.

They have that much talent.

6. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Without a doubt, Arenas would be an All-Star. He is still young and he has the right mind set and trainer to help him achieve that status again.

7. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Arenas looked decent at the end of last season, so it should be no suprise if he comes back as good as he was before.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

but where are the videos of him passing?

9. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

Think there is some footage in the movie My Life
    [​IMG]

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

steve francis needs to pay tim grover a visit.

11. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

Steve Francis is nothing to Tim Grover...

Kelvin Cato expects to return to elite status

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

At least they show some effort while working out with the BEST of the bests. This guy has made so many great things, he has helped so meny people.

Hopefully he will help Gilbert as well.

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

The only way they'll return to elite status is if we all travel through a time machine to 2004.

14. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

sura fainted when he watched that movie. :cool:

15. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Here's what you do with noobs who don't know how to copy and paste:

16. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

I hope so, Arenas was an entertaining player to watch. Decent floor general, elite scorer, and above average at rebounding.

My biggest problem with him is that he's a PG that's a volume scorer. I really want him to be more of a playmaker like Tony Parker. Tony Parker is not a great passer, but a good one and is often times willing to help his teammates out. I don't see that too much in Gilbert except for the game against the Pistons last season.

Gilbert has the work ethic to return to the elite status, Will he comeback? Not sure we'll have to find out ourselves. I remembered that he was one of the biggest gym rats in the league.

As for Jermaine O'Neal? No chance, I know friends who are Pacer fans and Hard worker is the last thing they call Jermaine. He's pretty much in the same boat as Tracy McGrady.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

how about not copying someone else's work? This takes ad revenue and destroys journalism one post at a time. It's no different than stealing music.

18. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

yea right..........

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm not sure of the laws but I know on a more heavily-moderated forum I visit your post will be deleted if you paste more than an excerpt of an article and/or fail to put a link to it. I know they are not doing that just to be courteous either.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

AP is starting to crack down, and others will follow. Journalism organizations aren't too keen on their work being copied and pasted. It irks the hell out of the writers too.

It's widespread, but a crack down approaches, and clutch might want to take heed and keep his eye on future developments for his own sake. AP has plans to digitally wrap its text, which I promise isn't for fun. Others are going to adopt this practice most likely or implement their own versions to track who is copying their work. A simple google search can lead you to Web sites stealing written work.

The text wrap is being done for law suits to come. They've already sued the Drudge Report for using a paragraph and linking to it, a practice widely and informally accepted by blogs and forums. The practice however is not a proven legal method to use someone's work. It is in fact plagiarism, and legally it could get them it some hot water. The practice has yet to be widely taken to court, but the clock is ticking as journalism faces these problems and take revenue hits. As they get more desperate for money in this lovely economy, they'll most likely start taking legal action.

-I know this because I get irked when people steal my writing for their Web sites. I've been following the subject closely. More information can be sound here. While it may seem impractical, it is most likely being done as a legal preparation for law suits.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...s-inside-the-aps-plan-to-wrap-its-content.ars