1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Washed up" Chris Paul is the best clutch player in the NBA and will be in All-Star Game this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yep, we're fine with him sitting out and healing up. You're just butthurt because the Rockets are winning, they're beating CP3 and they're doing it while Russ heals up. Just deal with it and more on.

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Isn't he the head of the player's association? I imagine he's probably exhausted from the business side of things and probably is getting an earful from the players off court over their experiences in the playoffs.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

funny how you try to assume but im just fine. and like i said ain't going nowhere. you're the one who @ me.

4. RocksMillenium

No doubt, people who desperately seek attention tend to stick around.

pr0wler and D-rock like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

In Chris Paul I trust.
    Chris Paul is a true professional & leader.
    Can't wait to see him on the Lakers next year with King James & AD.
    He'll help some team/contender.

D-rock likes this.
  6. RocksMillenium

If you say so. :D

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

says the person who @ the other person. makes a lot of sense. jacking yourself off. you hate to see it

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's his Vegan Diet. :eek:

Nah j/k. Chris is old and doesn't have a team to cover for him.

Dude has to preserve his turbo meter and this isn't going far enough in the PO for him to break it.

He is who we thought he was, but the Rockets still paid him dump trucks after one year.

vlaurelio likes this.
  10. RocksMillenium

I respect Chris Paul but there ain't no way the Lakers are going to take a 35 year old, injury prone PG with bloated contract. OKC lucked out on the Paul injury front this year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

C3PED couldn't get in a cycle during the break for some reason... looking old should have called Skinny Melo for a hook up.

Invisible Fan, vlaurelio and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This was an All Star bump.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:D

Savage...

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m laughing with the argument about Chris Paul

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

How old are you man?
    Smh

Edit:
    Oh wow I didn’t even read your last post.
    :rolleyes:o_O

ak99999 and lastmanstanding like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Thunder star Chris Paul shouldered the blame following Thursday's 111-98 loss, which gave the Houston Rockets a 2-0 lead in their first-round Western Conference series despite not having Russell Westbrook in either game.

Paul admitted that he has "gotta do more."

"Straight up. It's that simple," Paul said. "That run they went on in the beginning of the fourth quarter, that can't happen. Gotta be better. I gotta be better. That's the tough thing, to know how hard we fought, guys worked hard. We put ourselves in position to win that game, and I gotta be better for us."

In 37 minutes, Paul scored 14 points on 6-of-15 shooting with 6 rebounds and 2 assists.

"In a regular world, not COVID, not a bubble, we'd be going back home for two games," Paul said. "We gotta take it one game at a time, learn from this game, and hell, I gotta show up. That simple."

The Thunder led 80-77 when Paul opened the final frame with a midrange jumper, but with James Harden sitting for all but two points of it, the Rockets scorched OKC with a 17-0 run to take control of the game, and the series.

"Unbelievable, man. That was the game right there," Harden said. "The guys just took it upon themselves to guard. We felt in a sense that Oklahoma City was getting tired, and we kept pressing the gas on them. That was a game-changer right there for us."

The Thunder were boosted by the return of rookie defensive stopper Lu Dort, who missed Game 1 because of a knee strain. Dort was the primary defender on Harden and played a significant part in his shooting struggles. Harden finished with 21 points on 5-of-16 shooting, including 2-of-11 from 3-point range.

But Harden adjusted, shifting to the role of facilitator, leaning on the Rockets' role players to score. Eight Rockets saw playing time in Game 2, and seven scored in double-figures.

"As you get deeper, you need your team. You need guys to play well, you need guys to hit big shots, make big plays defensively and offensively," Harden said. "Tonight I wasn't playing well -- or I didn't shoot the ball well -- so it just looked like it was more highlighted. But guys, my teammates, have been playing well all year."

The loss was deflating for the Thunder, who made adjustments after struggling with the Rockets' smallball quirks in Game 1. The offense improved in stretches, but still saw extended offensive droughts. And despite holding Harden in check, the team walks away in an 0-2 series hole.

"We communicated a lot better coming into this game, knew what our plan was, knew what we wanted to do. But I mean, no moral victories," Paul said, his voice trailing off.

"Yeah, I just, uh, I don't know," he said. "My guys worked as hard we could, fought really hard and we put ourselves in position and I let this one get away from us."

Asked what areas specifically he felt he should've been better in, Paul didn't point at one thing.

"It's a lot," he said. "I'll go back and look at the film, but I know what it is. It's a lot."

Paul has been the talisman for the Thunder all season long, carrying the team both on and off the floor. His value has been felt most in promoting balance and chemistry, but asserting himself late in close games as he led the league in clutch-time scoring by a wide margin. The two games against Houston, though, haven't been close enough for Paul to flex his crunchtime muscle. He finished Game 1 an assist short of a triple-double, but didn't do much of his damage until the Thunder were trying to make a late comeback.

In Game 2, second-year rising star Shai Gilgeous-Alexander bounced back from a rough opening game, finishing with a playoff career-high 31 points on 9-of-17 shooting.

The Thunder are looking to Game 3 to try to find a way back into the series, where it shifts virtual home courts. Meanwhile, the Rockets are trying to put the pressure on and take complete control.

Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni acknowledged being up 2-0 allows the team to feel less urgency in getting Westbrook back, but noted they wouldn't be in any rush otherwise. The first two games were positive signs in being able to get by without Westbrook, who is out with a right quad strain, but for the Rockets to make a deep push, they know they'll need him back. And they aren't thinking that far ahead yet anyway.

"I just told the team that all we did was defend home court," D'Antoni deadpanned. "Now we've got to go to Oklahoma City and play."

Was the team buying that? No. I don't understand, but they kind of laughed at me," he said. "I don't get it."

OKC has sounded like they really don’t know what to do after both games

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

So what the guy can bowl and play half ass basketball nowadays

D-rock likes this.
  18. Caprah

Caprah Member

He looks like a role player

London'sBurning, pr0wler and D-rock like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And Gordon was +23 despite hitting not one 3 out of 10 in the game.

He played heavy minutes with the winning lineup, mostly Rivers, PJ.....

D-rock likes this.
  20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Team "Chris Paul better", of which I am a proud card holding member, is rapidly approaching crow eating time. I've sung his praises all year and it's looking like I was very very wrong. He looks like total dogshit out there. I'll give it til the end of the series, but man, he does not look good.

pgabriel and D-rock like this.