1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was this the worst rockets season ever?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jimmyv281, Apr 19, 2012.

1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Im 30 and I have watched the rockets since I was about 13 or so I remeber the 93 playoffs and game 7 loss to the sonics. That is when I fell in love with the rockets, however I can't remeber a time through that span where the rockets have been so boring, dissapointing, and average. I feel this has been the worst season ever! Not from a record stand point, but just overall. In addition, I dont think the schedule was to blame ,but maybe coaching, roster, and owner all had a little fault. Thanks

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Worst, no. One of the more disappointing seasons though. This losing streak is one of the most depressing ones I can remember.

But, I still think when we take a step back and look at this season in the future, we will see it as a step forward from the last couple years. Lowry confirmed he is for real and Dragic emerged (hopefully we keep him and this will be important).

I hope this is the season which allows us to finally land a star player in the draft by trading Lowry. Then we will look to it as the turning point.

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

It wasn't. You seem to be forgetting the moments when we beat okc twice, blew out sa, beat chi at their place, and actually dunked the ball (chandler bang). Even though we didn't make it, this season was pretty fun for me

4. C-Mo

C-Mo Member

I think the worst season was when Francis was out with his headaches and we had to watch Moochie Norris for most of the year. Now that was a bad season!

This losing streak to end the season is pretty bad, but I dont know if I would call it a choke. If Shaq misses two free throws at the end of the game, did he choke or was he just a poor free throw shooter? I think this Rockets team is like Shaq shooting free throws. They just werent good enough.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Season was ok or mediocre...... the future however a bit dull

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

No, this season is comparable to last season.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

The worst was when our stars were injured and Stromile put it upon himself and put the team on his back (except he sucks so bad that he totally missed his back). Then add that we traded away Teh Ghey for Battiyey.

8. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

The season before we drafted Yao sucked pretty hard balls!

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I say it was Average. Here is a graph displaying the last three years in fact.

[​IMG]

Here is the last few years on how the seasons have gone. As you can see the progress? Spot the progress? There is a slight bend in one direction. You cant see it but its there. We are trending up people!:grin:

2 people like this.
  10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Yes I agree and I think that is why we are all frustrated, plus matt bullard begging us to go see the same product with similar results at toyota center.

11. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Steve Francis.

12. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

at least that year we had two allstars that had the potential to bring us to a 'ship.

now we have three years of regression with unimpactful drafting. our only hope is hoping goran stays and d-mo pans out.

13. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

you mean the last 3 seasons?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nope...they were meh

2 people like this.
  14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

alot of ups, alot of downs; at the end day, right back where we started. mediocre

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

How can any Rockets season ever compare to 1986-87?

You want to talk about worst seasons ever. Going from Finals to losing 3 starters to drug suspensions and the beginning of the end of Sampson. Seriously, perspective people.

1 person likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

17. Marteen

Marteen Member

Only season that should be considered "worst" are those that have you losing so many ballgames that you land a lottery pick. This team was entertaining to watch until the very last few weeks. It's deflating, but at least it was a good ride.

18. Burko

Burko Member

Depends on your definition really, but the collapse when we looked like we were playoff bound was frustrating.

19. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

No, but a lot of people wanted it to be.

20. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

this season was the epitome of getting blue balls