1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was this the worst call of the night?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Crashlanded19, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I mentioned in another thread that I noticed that Lin gets fouled a lot driving in the lane, but some games the referees swallow their whistles and maybe call like half of the fouls Lin should be getting. Some games Harden doesnt even get foul calls from refs either. Its funny that two really amazing and rare players like CP3 and Lebron James get foul calls like their made of porcelain and could break any second. Dont even mention flopping.

2. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

Shades of Tim Donaghy. Investigate the ref who made this call from half court.

3. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

there are several other bad ones today, just really pissing me off...

4. domd221

domd221 Member

When DeAndre leveled Lin on the drive to the basket I just shouted out in anger because there was no call.

And the technicality of Dwight's "two hand touch" foul on Blake's "post up" had me scratching my head. I thought I saw one hand the whole time and maybe a love tap from the other hand when Blake went up.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

there's a ref conspiracy because we got blown out in Stapes Center?

6. bmd

bmd Member

How about the technical foul on Garcia?

7. Swag

Swag Member

pretty questionable officiating lol

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The 3rd foul on Dwight where Blake was rolling to the middle of the paint was just a routine play, happens every time down the court.

The charge call on Casspi where Blake slides into him and acts as if he got shot in the shoulder would be my nomination for worst.

And then go back to EVERY play where Redick is way too wide open. What happened? You guessed it. Moving pick.

They should just rename that team the LA Moving Picks. Ridiculous.

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

This!...our team always get call for moving screens whenever we create space..I think their was one called on Mullins in this game.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I hated the momentum killing calls.

The Casspi offensive foul on Griffin was one momentum killing call.

The Parsons dunk is another one.

Both calls were just plain bad.

11. House of Pain

House of Pain Member

I woke up this morning and told myself that I'm not going to be "that guy" but...

No...there is a ref conspiracy because there is a former ref telling us there is a conspiracy with plenty of evidence that people choose to ignore. They do this because it is far more convenient to believe the status quo than to accept they that the NBA (like all sporting leagues) is kinda 'fixed' in some ways.

I will continue to watch and support my Houston teams.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I was at the game and frustrated by the Rockets, not the refs.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

How about the non-call when Griffin ran into someone (Parsons?) from behind and knocked him over? That would've put Griffin in foul trouble in the third quarter.

#33 topfive, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Griffin shoving Parson down, NO CALL

Jordan knocking Lin down on that layup attempt, NO CALL

CP3 traveled when he went around Casspi and Lin for that Layup, No Call

Now we had more freethrow attempts than they did but a lot of the BS calls against us were momentum killers.

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Seriously. I saw about 15 moving picks last night (I am sure there were more). I would have to say the charge Griffin got on Casspi was unbelievably a bad call. Lin was hammered every single time he went up to the basket. I was yelling at the TV every time that happened.

Howard and the team knew what was going on. The Refs were complete garbage last night. This favoring teams like this needs to stop. Let the guys ****in play.

16. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Team was not going to be 4-0 after last night. Those SCANDELOUS phantom foul cp3 made sure there was no way. If D12 didn't get 3 fouls in 1st qtr and black amish wasn't off might have been a diff game.
    rematch on Sat

17. yummyhawtsauce

Harden gets most of his calls. Refs definitely don't call for many of Lin's...

Regarding the Parsons slam, I jumped up from my seat from that - then Iw as really pissed off once I they called a foul. Parsons was really pissed that's why he went in for that slam. lol I was surprised Parsons could do that.

18. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I said out loud "The fix is in" after that foul.