1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was there ever backcourt duo that won?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmelo, Sep 16, 2020.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

It's really positionless basketball. There is no 1 correct championship formula reduced by positions and their roles...

I always mention how Dray leads his team in assists even though his primary role is defense and generally being an *******.

The switching offense/defense comes to mind a lot to me. Not only did GSW use this, so did HOU, and did so at a very high ROI. But its just one tool, and it's not like everything hinged on it either, unless MDA just didn't give a **** and used it on every critical play, which he did.

If I'm being honest hitting 3s forgives all, and nobody gives a damn who's hitting em. Winning forgives all too. I hate GSW for their moving screens, nobody even bothers to call it out anymore. Can't even play pickup basketball anymore.

fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

As @icewill36 mentioned. Curry/Klay won before Durant arrived. Klay was often voted as an All-Star.

Why put the 6’5” or under limitation? Why hold it against Klay for being 6’6”?

It was: Curry........Klay........Harrison Barnes......Draymond........Bogut

fckbandwagons likes this.
  3. lastmanstanding

Klay with his fake height aint taller than Harden.
    [​IMG]

fckbandwagons likes this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Steph and Klay, Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars. We don't have problems in the playoffs because we're small as much as we have problems because Harden is way too beta and Westbrook is way too alpha in an irrational confidence kind of way.

Easy likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Westbrook is not a guard. He's a center. Stop this backcourt nonsense.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

> Pulls the "language" card
    > Puts other posters down for not understanding his point.

"English isn't my first language, but even though I misspoke or my point is otherwise unclear, YOU idiots should still understand what I'm talking about!"

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’m still not sold “Small-Ball” failed.. Small-Ball while using predominantly small forwards works. Imo, D’Antoni used
    guards more than small forwards when House went out (kicked out of bubble).

Westbrook is 6’1” ......I’m good with Austin Rivers backing up.
    But yes, more size needed. Rockets want a guy like Bam Adebayo (Miami) 6’9” as evident in Caboclo. Looking for a tall
    lanky that can shoot 3’s unlike BamBam.

Miami uses Tyler Herro (6’5”)......Duncan Robinson (6’7”).....Iggy (6’6”)....Jae Crowder (6’6”).....Jimmy Butler (6’7”).....
    Haslem (6’8”).......Derrick Jones (6’6”)........Solomon Hill (6’6”). Throw in an Olynyk and Meyers Leonard. Dragic/Nunn
    on the other end of the spectrum (our Westbrook/ Rivers).

That’s the model I would like the Rockets setting up. And I believe Morey was trying (with Luc Mhab a Moute and DeMarre); but Morey couldn’t make D’Antoni play them. The next coach will be more puppet than headstrong.
    Again imo.

Celtics are also similar in build. Gordon Hayward providing SF size goes a long way. Much like the loss of House
    hurt us.

So, I’m not far off of what you are seeking.......Centers being probably our difference of opinion. I believe Bruno
    is an indication Morey sees my vision as well. A center with some height that can hit 3’s. Lakers have proved
    that model works while using AD at center.

We just need to see how Denver goes. A team with a big center as their focal point. No team is perfect. Where
    the size of Westbrook is a liability on defense......Jokic can be a liability on defense (perimeter) as well.
    Teams can cover up one flaw with athletic ability of teammates surrounding said liabilities.

An Anfernee Hardaway at 6’7” works at PG.....if you have someone that can guard small speedy PG’s like Trae
    Young of some teams. But Westbrook and his salary probably aren’t going anywhere.

harold bingo likes this.