1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was The Jeremy Lin Trade A Blessing In Disguise?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andrew Wiggins, Nov 6, 2014.

?

Would you redo the Lin Trade?

1. Yes.

114 vote(s)
    74.5%
  2. No.

27 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. No, but only if McHale benches Lin (keep the pick, forget Lin).

12 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<p><p>
    </p></p>
    <p><p>exactly, regardless of what you felt about Lin, you can't deny that Morey wouldn't dump him for the sake of dumping him</p></p>

#21 shastarocket, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How is this a blessing? it was no secret we wanted to dump him for bag of Cheetos

3. tinman

Supporting Member

whatever reasons???

how about this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vh_wLpQjh6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Just plain blessing and no disguise at all.
    But remember karma is a b!tch!LOL

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He still would've dumped him.
    But he would've waited to find a deal that didn't require giving away a first round pick.

Perhaps the Terry trade? We get Terry, Lakers get the 2 2nds + Lin, and Sacto get their relief.

But then again, it may not have been possible to convince anyone to pay Lin $15m to screw up repeatedly, without it costing a first rounder.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's been said repeatedly because it's true: there was no disguise.

7. kemah

kemah Member

Lin fan boys were a cancer. It was a blessing...period. He didn't put up that great of numbers that we couldn't find from someone cheaper. It is we can love our team again and not be called insults.

8. JazzLakerHater

Thank the good lord he's gone. I don't think its a coincidence that we're seein better ball movement this year with the loss of Lin.

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

clear as day dumping lin was addition by subtraction.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think people overreacted and freaked out because we didn't get Bosh. All they thought about was losing something, without gaining something, and it seemed like total failure...but when you consider the fact that Lin didn't fit and Trevor fit better at almost half the price, those were calculated moves made by Morey. They were the moves to make, not failures turned blessings in disguise.

We all knew we needed defense and shooters and so did Morey.

11. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I voted no because there's nothing discrete about that blessing.

12. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

exactly

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lin is a losing basketball player. We are obviously a much better team without him.

14. Andrew Wiggins

I guess everyone was still upset about the whole getting rejected by 3 stars, not getting Lowry, and the Lillard shot because I clearly remember many people upset we gave up a pick and lost our backup PG for nothing. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

The season is still early as someone mentioned earlier. But I would definitely redo that trade. I read the GARM and the game threads are actually decent now. It's not just why Lin sucked (or played well), fire McHale, why doesn't Lin get more minutes....

Yeah whatever reason meaning you wanted him gone because you hated his game, salary, fans, etc. That's what I meant.

15. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Like I said, Clutchfans is obsessed with Lin. smh

Back to the thread. Jeremy Lin leaves, of course someone has to fill his role. Are you saying Isiah Cannon is the reason why we are 6-0?

You are the black sheep here.

Go Rockets!

16. tinman

Supporting Member

No.

The reason is he is not a dependable point guard, especially in the playoffs.
    His court awareness is horrible.

this is not "HATE", this is "REALITY"

17. Andrew Wiggins

What? Discussing a player we signed 2 years ago for $25 million after trading him during the off-season is an obsession? ClutchFans thinks it was the right move. The question is are we better off with Canaan and Terry backing up Beverley and the answer seems to be a resounding hell yes.

18. Andrew Wiggins

I hated a lot of things about Lin, but he had a few bright spots. His main problem is he is inconsistent and at some point you have to admit that's who he is. An inconsistent back up PG.

19. Throttle

Throttle Member

i thk hes got good awareness & thats why he can rack up assists, but his dribbling need alot of improvement... even aaron brooks is a safer pair of hands...

20. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

It's early so far but go ahead and make whatever presumptions you want if it makes you feel better. No one really gives a damn as long as the Rockets keep winning now. Enjoy the season buddy.