1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was it a Mistake for Beverly to Start at PG?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rev1274, May 3, 2014.

1. rev1274

rev1274 Member

We all know Lin and Harden always need the ball, and people thought it was a good idea to move Lin as a backup PG.

But during the playoffs, Beverly's D was ok, but the problem was that he wasn't scoring, nor distributing the easy baskets.

Beverly defends well, and rebounds the ball well, but with times of Parsons and Harden struggling

I believe Lin should had started PG the whole season.

1 person likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is a typical "we lost, so we should have done something other than what we did" post.

3. Choke

Choke Member

LIN SUCKS! LIN SUCKS! LIN SUCKS! LIN SUCKS! LIN SUCKS! LIN SUCKS!

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Beverley will start until we find a taker for Lin and then get a real PG that can replace Bev as the starter so that he can come off the bench.

Run-on sentence for the win.

5. rev1274

rev1274 Member

I don't know if Beverly was healthy but he played 23min only.

6. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

7. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Beverley was the best starting point for this team! Lin was better coming off the bench because the team needed bench scoring. The real question is do we have anyone good enough to start at point guard period? Unfortunately the answer is no!! Lillard was scoring on PB at will and really did not waste any energy on the defensive end on either him or Lin because he know what they were going to do.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

Was it a Mistake for you to post this thread?

:rolleyes:

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

It would have been a mistake if we started any of these guys:

Beverly
    Hardin
    Parsens
    Jonez
    Howerd
    Asek
    Len

10. JazzLakerHater

For this season considering who we had in this roster, yes he should have been the starter. However the team has to upgrade the position and have Beverely come off the bench. I really think his energy and hustle is better suited off the bench.

11. steady

steady Member

No...

Bev is better with that starting unit than Lin. It just works better.

Watching Bev grit it out during the playoffs (even though he was ill) made me even more impressed with him. He may not have had the breakout stats, but he made a huge contributions. Remember in Game 3 when it seemed like he was scoring all the Rockets points in the first quarter. And even last night, he was important in getting the Rockets started out of the gate. And his strong defense on Lillard.

That's what I will take away from the playoffs about Bev.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Beverley is a warrior. Dude played through illness and injury and showed more heart than a lot of players on this team. sadly your toughtest player can't be 6ft.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No Beverley is the better player and the better fit.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It was probably a mistake once he got sick and had a bum knee. A very questionable decision. It was pretty obvious he didn't have it for several games. Lin should have started those games.

This really brings up another question though. Who the hell has a fever for a freaking week? What the hell were they doing to help this guy? My goodness. Do the Rockets have a health care issue? I can't believe one of your starters is being affected by a fever for an entire week during the playoffs.

15. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

Yes, it was a mistake to let Beverley to start. Part of the reason why Harden struggled was because he was doubled. If Lin was on the floor at the same time, he has a better chance to succeed.

16. rev1274

rev1274 Member

There were times Harden can't score, and Parsons only does well in 1st Half of the game.

Beverly doesn't drive the paint as much as Lin does. Sure Lin doesn't always score when driving to the paint.

But I think Offense was needed more.

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

The only argument for this is that Lillard averaged like 27 7 and 6 this series. So Bev didn't do a job. But considering he was sick for the last three games and when you have Lillard making crazy shots, I can't blame him

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Rockets should have never moved here from San Diego.

19. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Lin single handedly destroyed our chances in 2 games alone. He literally just blacked out and didn't know what he was doing. Not exactly a person I want starting for me

20. N/A

N/A Member

Lin's the overall better player, but Bev should be the starter on this team the way the roster is set up. What's the difference? Gameplan is to pass the ball to Harden anyway.