1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was Clutch City 'luck'?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Oct 25, 2015.

?

was clutch city luck?

1. no, clutch city was heart and toughness and greatness

103 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. only non rockets fans think it was luck

38 vote(s)
    27.0%
  1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Can you read ****er? I never once said MJ didn't return, the argument is Houston were lucky he retired. We didn't get luck because no other team had to play while he was retired.

Plus MJ returned for part for the season without a training camp. Then again, as I said every other team played the same MJ we did when he returned.

Shove the caps up your ass, clown.

2. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Jordan is lucky the mafia killed his father and not him.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Shots fired! :eek:

4. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Sports always have a certain degree of luck involved, but to say that it is "highly doubtful" we would have won is insulting. Hakeem was a beast in his prime and was surrounded by an extremely clutch supporting cast. At the VERY least, it would have been an awesome series and IMO it wouldn't have mattered. Hakeem crushed the league MVP, what do you think he would have done to Purdue and Longley?

I could easily say that if MJ hadn't retired, it's "highly doubtful" Grant would have left and Rodman probably would've gone elsewhere...and it's "highly doubtful" the Bulls would have had their 2nd three-peat.

And lastly, skimming his posts I read something to the effect that he did not mind Barkely and Pippen? WTF? Pippen??????? You must be a ****ing troll. Excuse my French.

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

harden hasn't won anything, lol.

how low are your standards?

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thanks.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao?
    I love Yao.

Go take your Prilosec OtC, before your get heartburn trying to post anything worth reading

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Here's the thing dude. The loF said that because he has no respect for the rockets.
    But none of the lof do.

95 Hakeem was insanely good. I don't know if I've seen anyone dominate both sides of the ball like that.

Remember he had to beat Robinson and out rebound Roman vs the Spurs.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Stop typing. Think more. It will be awesome.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Do you ever proof read? Ever? And thanks for the comment. I don't know if you noticed, but I was mocking you. You are very mock worthy. Because.. well, you wouldn't understand. You can't even understand the things you write.

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Have this debate once a year with a buddy of mine who is a jordan fan. His argument is

- Rockets reg. season record against bulls does not matter bc playoffs are a different animal
    - Jordan was rusty during the 95 playoffs
    - 95 Bulls would have had Horace Grant bc he would have returned if jordan was there, therefore trying to negate my argument that the Bulls team as a whole was not as good due to some players not being back from the championship teams.

All are pretty weak arguments though. Reg. Season record is not the be all end all but it does provide an indication and can't be ignored.

Jordan went off in the playoffs and avg something like 37ppg on pretty efficient shooting, he just didn't have the right team to compete with the Rockets or much less the Magic

My final argument is always this, rockets would have just been a terrible match up for the Bulls because we at least had Maxwell who could keep Jordan in check. They had absolutely no one that could stop Hakeem who would effect the score both offensively and defensively. Jordan as good as a defender as he was would not stop Hakeem.

13. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

MAXWELL COULD KEEP JORDAN IN CHECK??? IN WHAT GALAXY????!!!!! You can't base this stuff off regular season. When SA won their last ring, we beat them 4-0 in the regular season. Had we beat Portland (who got their ass kicked in the next round by SA), we would have won maybe one game against SA. Us vs the bulls would've been a great series. Olajuwon would've toasted Longley, but I can't see us beating them in the finals.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Very simply, the Rockets were as lucky to not have to face Jordan as the Bulls were by not having to face Jordan. If the Rockets title(s) are tainted, then so are the Bulls.

15. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Luck IS relevant.

We would have won it back in '09 had not TMac, Yao and Mutombo gone down with injuries. That's called BAD LUCK. And even then, we took the mighty Lakers to seven games on the backs of little Aaron Brooks and Chuck Hayes.

The years following we would have made the playoffs had it not been for bad luck. Yes, Dragic came into his own after the Lowry injury, yet that injury lost us a playoff spot.

How many playoff and Finals games did the Lakers win on last second shots? Some of those were luck, because Kobe wasn't exactly Kyle Korver when he hit those threes.

Recently Doc Rivers said that there is such parity in the West that it will take "luck" to get out of the Western Finals. Truth.

And no, I'm not an LOF.

16. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Michael had not been himself in the '95 playoffs. He was in "baseball" not "basketball" shape, and didn't have the same drive and focus. What distinguished Michael most of all was his "drive". If Michael willed himself to score 40 points on Vernon Maxwell...he could have.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude.
    Quit trying. Jordan dropped 39 and 40 on orlando and 48 on the Hornets.

They did not lose to orlando because of jordan.

You weren't alive when this happened.

And the reason why you brought this up in the first place is because you are a lin only fan who hates the rockets
    And maxwell left the rockets during the utah series, if jordan made it past orlando there would be no maxwell

Go crawl to the hornets site and pretend you are a fan of them.

Go liar run

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Jordan admitted maxwell played great d on him.

If you got no faith in clutch city
    You shouldn't be on a place which was built on the pride of clutch citt.

Some of us watched those games.

And the bulls fans watched hakeem demolish their entire front line in the early 90s.

Why did orlando beat Chicago?
    Weak front line

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Delete them boss, erase them all

20. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Constructing a so-called "Lin thread" and then posting on that thread 30 times a day is hardly an appropriate means to keep the so-called "LOFs" at bay. And no, I'm not a LOF. I consider myself a RALOF (Rockets and Lin only Fan). I'm thinking that I know a heck of a lot more about 2004-2015 Rockets than you do, Tinman. Go back to the Lin thread. It's not the same without you.