1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors owner says Rockets might not be in the WCF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by backwardhead, Mar 27, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Defense first by every player, every time is what we need to remember. MDA needs to drill this every time, when our guys are slacking. We don't have long, big and explosive players, The margin for error is low for us. We have overachieved as a team. We have to overachieve on a much bigger level now. We can't blow em out like in the regular season. The long 82 game season goes both ways for all teams.

Our opponents will get very physical, they will try to get into our heads on every possession. Portland, the Pelicans, OKC, and even the Spurs are tough match ups. The Jazz aren't as talented as them, but they won't quit. The Nuggets and the Wolves can be tricky too, if they show up. GS will be the toughest challenge for us if both teams meet in the WC finals.

The Rockets can over come them with mental toughness,and smart play. Don't panic when the chips are down, keep on fighting and stay focused. Believe in each other. This is MDAs biggest challenge too. He needs to be calm, he needs to direct the team and he needs to motivate them. He also needs to make sure that the zebras officiate fairly. Don't be afraid to go the league office.
    GO HOUSTON ROCKETS!

iJHolmes and houston19519 like this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

GOLDEN STATE WORRIERS

hakeem94 and RyanB like this.
  3. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Well said good sir

Every team not GS or Cavs have these same concerns you mentioned above. Nothing will be easy as you said - but I do feel the way the guys played all year; they will continue having that chip on their shoulders. I believe every elite player in their history has there moment when they say..."Enough is Enough" In their history CP3 and Harden has had their failures in the playoffs.. But after watching CP3 documentary he said if you’re not trying to beat GS then what are we doing.. I believe the 2 of them had their conversations in saying it’s time for us to make that jump. We need each other; and when we go out there the guys will follow; and they have all year. So, I don’t believe were just going to rely on them- will have guys like Tucker, Ariza, Gordon, Luc, JJ, Anderden, Clint and Green ready to ride with those guys. This team reminds me of the 2015 GS team – they were hungry an ready to prove everyone wrong in site to their first championship. Why not this year for this team. So let them continue to doubt – it’s all about those guys in that locker room an coaching staff having each other’s back ready to put the world on notice.

4. shlhl

shlhl Member

Playoff is different animal. Warriors might not be in WCF either. They also have to prove it.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There's always a % chance of anything. I still fondly remember the 2007 Baron Davis Warriors taking down the 67 win Mavericks in the first round. That was the last time I liked the Warriors.

weakfromtoday likes this.
  6. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

He is right, but i don't want to hear that coming from him.

7. Rocketsfan3422

If Harden is anything like he has been in the past we might not make the WCF. That said......That was the old Harden. CP3 has something to prove.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Idk how CP3 got this narrative that he doesn’t show up in the playoffs but it really needs to die

CP3 steps it up and elevates his play during the postseason

these are his career averages in the playoffs: 21, 5, and 9 on 48/38/85 shooting splits to go along with a 25.8 PER and 120 offensive rating

we already know what we’re gonna get from CP3