1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Warriors looking to make a statement to the league Wednesday night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 10, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just hope not resting Paul won't end up like last year, but, maybe they will rest him some before the playoffs. I would hope so.

#241 deb4rockets, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  2. BigBum

BigBum Member

MRI;
    Durant had rib cartilage fracture in March 11, 2018.

3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm fine with that option too as long as they do rest them. I didn't realize it was a home game so sorry. I am in Costa Rica right now. Hope you enjoy the game and we kick some cocky Californians' butts!!!! I really despise Curry. Maybe someone off the bench like Nene can just slap that mouth guard across the court when he stands there chewing on it hanging it from his mouth.

Reeko likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

House about to make a statement on Wed. Steph and co. are shaking.

5. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

Warriors gonna lose on Wednesday night.

6. biff17

biff17 Member

There is a difference in hoping and not complaining about everything you think the team is doing wrong with little insight.T

Didn't he get rest while he was sitting out 20 games?

DavidRocket likes this.
  7. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

KD saw House back and ducked this game...

Hakeemtheking and bj3175 like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh you mean like resting him in 6 of the last 11 games lasts year. that kind of rest. some of you have the most ridiculous obsessions with this kind of stuff

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

dont think they will make much of a statement. KD is out looking like a season sweep. go rox

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I was talking about Paul. There is nothing about the team I was worried about. I think we can beat anyone, so resting him a little and dropping a seed is not that big of a deal. I was simply saying don't push his limits. He hasn't played a consecutive stretch like he is on now plus go all the way from now through the entire playoffs without pulling or straining something in 3 seasons counting this one. Pushing his limits isn't that necessary. James will be fine with a strained wrist probably.

rgw20014life likes this.
  11. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I rather we rest our best players and lose this one. The Rockets are in the perfect spot to stay in the 2-3 seeds. We have the season series already. Plus resting our best players would be the greatest troll of all.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Oh he ran away like when he took 10 steps out of bounds chasing down that ball in Golden State

RocketsSZN likes this.
  13. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

I love it when you have a squad of underdogs, who used to be somebody but no longer is for whatever reasons, or like House who used to be nobody but wants to be somebody. They are eager to prove themselves and not afraid of biting the opponent.

And somehow, unlikely the Celtics, these Rox underdogs are willing to be led by James/Chris.

Fun to watch. Let's destroy Oakland Whiners.

bj3175, DavidRocket and BeBreezy like this.
  14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

The statement to be made public (which we've been saying for a year now), is just how freaking LUCKY the Warriors are to have Durant. Even though he is out for this game, the WCF showed that team (w/o KD) would have been demolished in no more than 5 games, and here is why. Without KD, when we scored and had the ability to "set" our defense, there is NOBODY on that team that could beat us in an isolation set. As we've known for years, their offense is predicated around ball and player movement and their patented moving screens. Our "switch-everything" defensive scheme is a perfect counter to that type of offense, especially without an isolation threat on their side. That is how we were so successful throwing their movement-style offense out of whack, by switching on everything, we don't waste much energy fighting through their screens and have bodies on their shooters at all times.

15. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Worriers aren’t just lucky they have KD. They have been the luckiest “great team” EVER in my time watching the NBA dating back to the 80s.

Last year with CP3 going down to injury, it just epitomized the absolute ridiculous LUCK of the Worriers. It’s disgusting to say the least.

I’m thankful health withstanding, their “reign” will finally end at the hand of the Rockets this year....

Nick_713 likes this.
  16. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Sorry in advance for the lengthy post, but I fully agree with you; in 2015, every single team they faced had injuries in their backcourt. In that Finals, LBJ single-handedly took them to 6 games. Many people thought CLE would have won with Kyrie and Love on the court. That sentiment was solidified just that following year.

In 2016, as much as people harp on Draymond getting suspended for Game 5 of the Finals being the "catalyst" for coughing up their 3-1 lead, if he was suspended for Game 5 vs OKC for the low blow kick to Adams (which was substantially worse than what he did to LBJ), that 73-win team doesn't even go to the Finals. Even with that, if KD (10-31 FG) and Russ (10-27 FG) don't crap the bed in Game 6 of the WCF on their home floor, GS still doesn't make the Finals. Funny thing is, in Game 7 of the Finals, Draymond showed up in a huge way, posting a stat line of 32-15-9; going 11-15 from the field (6-8 on 3-Point attempts). It was "Mr. Unanimous MVP" who didn't show up, shooting 6-19 from the field (4-14 on 3-Point attempts).

2017; Kawhi gets hurt in Game 1 of WCF. Because it was just Game 1, I was not 100% certain Spurs would have won the series, but their string of luck continues.

Last season, no explanation necessary. But it would be pure poetic justice if the Rockets are the ones to end this GS run and cause that team to break up. Only thing that sucks is that, even if we do pull it off, Rockets still won't get any credit. The blame will be pointed squarely at Cousins. The best thing is if they do break up (especially if we're the ones to do it), they will come back to earth because there will be a formula on how to beat them.

DavidRocket and mikeiah like this.
  17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

yea...no...they will lose.... with or without KD...looks like its going to be without. Oh whale!

DavidRocket likes this.
  18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

They will get some rest in blowouts and you have to consider the burden you place on Harden, again, when you sit CP3. CP3 has missed a LOT of the season. He is healthy now. He changed trainers and his work regimen to better condition his hamstrings. Sadly to keep them healthy you need to work them. The very thing that causes his issues is the thing that helps them as well. CP3 is rested. By the time the playoffs hit he will be fully in shape so this is not the problem. We have been working Capela back in and overall the incremental improvements we have seen are from a cohesive team relearning how to play together and incorporate all of the new pieces. Shumpert needs a lot of development but hasn't been right. CP3 and Harden have to be the ones that lead that for the team. The playoffs provide ample time to rest. Players get tired in the playoffs from playing only a rotation of 8 and 40 minutes. It doesn't matter how many games they get off now, that can happen anyway. There was nothing we could have done last year to change what happened to CP3. That is just the risk and cost of doing business. A fully confident and cohesive team removes stress and provides a level of rest in peace of mind and focus.

DavidRocket, Voltik, mikeiah and 2 others like this.
  19. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

They are the worriers

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

What you say makes more sense than what I've heard forever from people on here and the announcers. They always use the tired legs excuse when players are in a funk. I never believed in that really since they play less than 40 minutes in a game with multiple time outs and
    Thanks for taking the time to answer with some explanation vice just saying you are a turd, or an idiot like so many people on here do. Its nice to hear a viewpoint on a situation instead of just a personal attack. A conversation about a situation is a much more intelligent and mature way to share viewpoints.

I guess after awhile I just heard so much of tired legs or playing through injury explanations for bad performances that I thought there was truth in it and maybe rest was best to stay healthy and stronger for playoffs. But, its only 40 minutes max a game, broken up with time on the bench to rest, and its not like these guys are 50 years old. Hopefully the training change for Paul will keep him healthy throughout the rest of our quest for the title. I would love nothing more!

luckyman76 likes this.