1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors Co-Owner Claims E-mail He Sent Saying He's Learning to Speak "Hoodish" Was AutoCorrected Fr

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by i3artow i3aller, Oct 28, 2014.

1. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yahoo – Golden State Warriors co-owner Peter Guber expressed regret to team employees late Monday for listing “hoodish” as a language he planned to learn in reply to an email commending the franchise for having five international players on this season’s roster. Guber said he meant to type “Yiddish,” and did not realize his mistake until it was pointed out to him by a Warriors official.

Guber’s email, which was sent from his phone and obtained by Yahoo Sports, came after the NBA announced in a news release earlier Monday that the league’s 30 teams will have a record 101 international players from 37 countries and territories on opening-night rosters for the upcoming season. Warriors director of media relations Raymond Ridder forwarded the league’s release in an email sent through the franchise, saying, “The following is a great example of the growth of our league. There are 101 international players on NBA opening night rosters, which represents 22% of the league. We have five [5] international players on our roster (33%), which includes Andrew Bogut, Leandro Barbosa, Festus Ezeli, Ognjen Kuzmic and Nemanja Nedovic. We’ve come a long way…”

Guber responded to the email by writing, “I’m taking rosetta stone to learn Hungarian Serbian Australian swahili and hoodish This year. But it’s nice.“ Guber’s initial email was sent throughout the franchise and construed as “offensive” by at least one team employee. Late Monday, Guber sent a follow-up email saying he mistakenly typed “hoodish” and regretted the error.

Can we forget the hoodish thing for a second and bring it back to the fact that this guy thinks Australian is a language? That’s the real story here. See, I believe him 100% about the autocorrect thing. I mean, he’s still in some hot water because autocorrect doesn’t turn Yiddish to hoodish right out of the box. Unfortunately for him, I and like 99% of the population own a smartphone and could test his explanation out in about 4 seconds. That’s not how autocorrect works. Or it is, but you had to type hoodish into your phone at some earlier point before for Yiddish to autocorrect to it. Sooooo, the real question is what was in the text where he actually used the word hoodish? But that’s neither here nor there in my opinion. How that dude describes his daughter’s new boyfriend is none of my business.

What really matters is that this is a millionaire who thinks Australian is a language. You know who should be offended by this? Australians. Just a total disrespect for their culture here. This guy doesn’t even think they speak English. When assholes yell TOSS ANOTHER SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE he literally can’t understand them. They might as well be speaking Portuguese. Get some culture Guber. Listen to some Men At Work. Visit the Australian part of town. They’re people too.

2. Realjad

Realjad Member

Oh Crikey

IDK man I've been to some Australian places in which I truly had no idea if they were speaking the English language or not.. even though I know they were. Australian can kind of be described as its own thing I assume.

Maybe he meant Austrian/German instead and got auto corrected?

Saying the above about Australia. I've been to some places in the hood and also had no idea if they were speaking the English language or not..

#2 Realjad, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course Australian is a language, just like Texan is a language. And maybe Rosetta Stone does have hoodish lessons. :grin:

If I were an Australian, I would be offended to be thought of speaking the language of England.

4. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Australian English is a lot different. Like a goog is an egg for example

5. mig0s

mig0s Member

Inb4 magic wants to buy the warriors

1 person likes this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I assume he was mapping his international players to the languages he'll have to study. Bogut is Australian, so he has to learn 'Australian.' Kuzmic and Nedovic are Serbs, so he has to learn Serbian. Ezeli is Nigerian, so he said Swahili, even though that's an East African language and not common in Nigeria. And then it breaks down bad. I don't see anyone that would be thought to speak Yiddish or Hungarian. And, he didn't include Portugese (or 'Brazilian') for Barbosa (... trade coming?).