1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors are willing to include Klay Thompson in a trade for Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Jun 19, 2014.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Another load of Bay Area bull**** to drive up Thompsons perceived value.

I want to see love in Chicago to drive Carmelo here but the Bulls are too lame. So Boston it is.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Let's look at this from the rockets perspective.

Parsons is roughly equivalent to Thompson (edge to Thompson)

TJones is roughly equivalent to Barnes (edge to TJones)

Asik is roughly equivalent to Lee (edge to Asik)

Our picks are about the same (mid-20s, though Houston has more).

Would we be willing to trade Asik, Parsons, TJones, and a 2015 1st for Love and no-defense Martin? My guess is no, so we shouldn't be surprised that GSW won't do the same thing.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

I probably...would.

I go back and forth on any given day between Parsons being overrated and hating to see him go.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

And don't forget....Love is only committed for the next year. You're invested in Martin for 3 years. Very possible Love leaves and you're left with Martin.

5. white lightning

If Love signs long term deal, then definitely Yes.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not gonna lie...I would gladly do this deal.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

I MIGHT do it as well, so long as I didn't have to take back Martin. Can't be left in a position where Loves leaves and you don't have cap room. That's the real hang up.....not Thompson.

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

so they werent including him to begin with? lol they will give him and anybody not named curry for love in a heart beat.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Yup. GS leaks how "valuable" Thompson is and how Steve Kerr and Jerry West don't want to trade him for Kevin Love and how the Lakers want to trade the 7th pick for him.

10. saleem

saleem Member

Indeed it is, that is why I feel it will be rejected by the Wolves. As far as we are concerned, I don't think we can get Kevin Love.

11. meh

meh Member

This seems like pointless speculation because the deals are so lopsided there's no point to them for Minnesota. Up to this point, the only reasonable deal talked about has been Boston's offer of 6, 17, Sullinger or Olynik, and perhaps future Nets picks. That is a trade that I would actually do if I ran the Wolves.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Issue seems to be that the Wolves want players to help them win now. Also I don't think Flip wants to trade him... I get the feeling he thinks he can get more out of the Wolves than Adelman did.

13. meh

meh Member

I agree Saunders probably doesn't want to trade Love. I was speaking more from side of the Warriors. I have no idea why they aren't making a serious offer.

For the life of me I can't see the Klay Thompson love affair. They rejected the Harden trade because of him. And now they might be losing out on Love because of him. He must have some sort of Shane Battier super intangibles that I'm missing somehow.

14. Swishh

Swishh Member

The thing is, Klay wants a MAX contract. The Warriors won't pay him that, but another desperate team probably will. They could lose him for nothing next summer. It makes sense to include him in a trade that will land you Kevin Love. I don't know why Kerr is against it when he is getting someone like Love in return.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: No way GState trading Klay Thompson to Minnesota or the Lakers.</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/480899798930038784">June 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Wow; either they're out of the running or GSW will be very, very dangerous (adding Love and keeping Thompson)- although I highly doubt the latter is the case.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Has there ever been a team that wants and gets a top 10 player but refuses to take back bad contracts or trade their best chip?

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah I'd take it. I'd desperately try and switch out Martin for Brewer though.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Don't believe chatter that Klay is issue holding up GS trade, or even KMartin. It's likely Barnes or Green as 3rd piece &amp; how they get there</p>&mdash; Jerry Zgoda (@JerryZgoda) <a href="https://twitter.com/JerryZgoda/statuses/481122863702097920">June 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

James Harden trade

we didnt have to take Perkins or give up Parsons in that deal - quite amazing actually