1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors are willing to include Klay Thompson in a trade for Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

They were hesitant at first, but now, it seems like they have changed their mind.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Major development in <a href="https://twitter.com/kevinlove">@kevinlove</a> trade talks. Sources say <a href="https://twitter.com/warriors">@warriors</a> willing to trade <a href="https://twitter.com/KlayThompson">@KlayThompson</a> with David Lee for Love. Nothing imminent</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/479693657805950978">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So why would Klay Thompson be OK with being dealt to Wolves? Thompson seeking a max deal that could be easier to get w/Wolves, source said.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/statuses/479695339616612354">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: Twolves &amp; Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/479700802068832257">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

(I don't see why the Wolves would have include the 13th pick though)

2. Swishh

Swishh Member

Damn it, my fault - didn't know this was being discussed in the 'countdown to kevin love drama' thread. My apologies.

3. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

No way Thompson is worth the max. Seems like much ado of nothing. If I'm the T-Wolves, I'm asking for more than Lee and Thompson. Thompson is like a filler guy.

4. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

I mean really......let's not be fooled here. Klay Thompson was ALWAYS available for Kevin Love. It's not like this suddenly happened.

This release is an attempt to motivate someone else to do something....someone that probably already has a better offer on the table than GSW.....i.e. Boston or Chicago.

GSW is not in the running for Love. It's rediculous to even consider it. Lee (expiring, and terrible fit next to Pekovic) + Thompson (RFA in 2015) + Barnes (regressed) + their 2015 pick (mid-20s likely) still isn't close to what Boston could offer.

6. TheresTheDagger

Holy moly if I'm the Warriors I'm ALL OVER THAT DEAL.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

The thing here is LOVE's agent may have let warriors/timberwolves know he would sign with them if traded.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So the Warriors get a massive upgrade, ditch a horrible contract, and are given a lottery pick??

Where do they sign!!!

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

No doubt. A ridiculous deal for Golden State, in my opinion.

10. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

The thing is Lee isn't even expiring. He's just a bad contract really.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

I thought David Kahn got fired years back because Minnesota is grabbing its ankles, once again, when it comes to player transactions.

Klay is a nice player but he's not a player you can say, win confidence, "He's a guy I can build my franchise around". If anything, he's a younger version of Kevin Martin.

Andrew Bogut/Jermaine O'Neal
    Kevin Love
    Andrew Igoudala
    Kevin Martin
    Stephen Curry

wow....

12. TheresTheDagger

I gotta believe that Morey is on the phone right now desperately trying to get in touch with Saunders. That deal can be beaten.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

We're trying to hold parsons just like with the rondo deal.

14. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Great trade for both teams, GS wins out big time obviously.

Team would have absolutely no defense at all, but that offense with K-Mart could be HoF worthy.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

by who? the Rockets?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think GSW fooled the media into believing Thompson is that good. His value has been grossly inflated over the years. I don't believe for a second GSW honestly felt like Thompson was untouchable in a deal for Love. We're talking about a top PF in exchange for a guy with a common skillset.

I think the sham even worked well enough to fool a few novice NBA execs. And now I feel like GSW is leaking this deal to show the world how highly Thompson should be valued. "Yeah, bros, Thompson is THAT good. We're getting Martin & a pick to offset his loss."

I'm not buying it man. This has all been manufactured by GSW like one of ESPN's pee-pee game stories.

And David Lee is on the book for 2 more years, he's a negative value at his current rate. GSW should be thanking anyone willing to absorb him.

Anyone willing to pay such a high price for Klay Thompson is a fool.

1 person likes this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol @ including the 13th pick for no reason. Deal is fair w/o it though IMO.

18. TheresTheDagger

With the current assets we have...no. But given a couple of days of wheeling and dealing, who knows?

Certainly, you have to know that this deal is very lopsided towards the Warriors.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

lol first you said Morey should call Saunders because "that deal can be beaten" implying that the Rockets currently have assets/players that can beat what the Warriors are offering.

Now you're saying give a couple of days of wheeling and dealing? :rolleyes: What else are we going to get that makes any offer we have look better than this supposed offer by the Warriors, the grab bag of picks by Boston, etc.?

The best and viable option for Houston to get another All-Star here is to give away Asik and Lin and create caproom. Trade-wise, they have nothing the Wolves would want.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Totally agree. Would be a homerun trade for GSW.

Wolves are getting 20 cents on the dollar instead of 70 cents.

Think about what the Jazz got in the Deron Williams trade. What the Nuggets got in the Carmelo Anthony trade.