1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors are handing out "Strength in Numbers" shirts at TC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, May 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

rockets have to play against 8 when playing the warriors

2. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I can't say I am surprised. These Warriors fans are the worst of any team in recent memory of any sport. They make the Seattle Seahawk bandwagon fans seem pleasant and rational. If we don't make it out I will be rooting for the Cavs like a maniac in the Finals.

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

need to play the knockout game on anyone passing out Warriors shirts within shouting distance of TC.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How is it smart marketing? How is it even marketing? You think they are trying to market the GSW to Houstonians?

It's being done to help soften the hca of Houston. It's being done to basically change a sea of red to one of red and yellow and take away that advantage. It's not marketing, it's being done to win a game.

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Dont see a problem with it? You wouldnt hear any complains from Rockets fans if we were in that situation?

6. malakas

malakas Member

I think it was done to piss off the Rockets more than to win a game. and it certainly isn't good marketing. You don't market to a rival team's fans.

7. bmd

bmd Member

That's not why they did it. A few yellow shirts sprinkled in has absolutely no effect on anything at all.

They did it simply to be dicks.

8. LSSLAMBAM

LSSLAMBAM Member

Was right there when it was happening - a whole bunch of warriors fans were by the tunnel during pregame when the team was shooting around. Some guy that seemed to work for the warriors had a bunch of their official conf. finals shirts (strength in numbers) and handed them out only to people wearing warriors stuff. i think there's some good in it - these people probably traveled to be at the game from either cali or other non-houston places and it's nice that their team gives them official shirts. Was it weird and certainly controversial? no question. but considering these aren't the completely obnoxious lakers and mavs fans we host every year, i'm not mad at em.

9. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Never thought I could grow to hate a team as much as I hate the Jazz and the Mavs, but these Warriors are making a strong push. Their organization hasn't won d!ck since Welcome Back Kotter was about to premier, yet they act like they are going for their 4th title in a row or something.

It sure would be fun to teach these guys some humility...but if we can't, I'll be pushing for Lebron to do it.

10. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

For those who may have missed this pic:

[​IMG]

You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled program.

11. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

If I were there, I would ask for one too and immediately tear it into two pieces in front of their faces.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Yes you have, they were just Lakers fans and then Clippers fans.

13. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I don't see how that is marketing at all unless they're just trying to start controversy. I mean, do you really think they're going to convert a Rockets fan into a Warriors fan over night, especially on the night we finally beat them? Doesn't make any sense.

14. Nook

Nook Member

The Warriors have a classless coach that referred to Yao Ming as "the China man".

They have a coach that criticized Daryl Morey for campaigning for Harden winning the MVP...... and then campaigned for Curry.

They have an ownership group that undermined their own previous coach and asked an assistant to privately videotape meetings.

They have a center that made racist comments when he first entered the NBA and regularly is one of the dirtiest players in the league.

They have a power forward that complained that he didn't win the DPOY after the team said individual awards didn't matter.

They have a fake humble superstar that claims he is humble, then complains when his former coach says Harden should be MVP.

They are not the classy organization some seem to think. Are they the worst? No..... but they are not this classy humble organization the media makes them out to be.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Elite bandwagon status.

Pretty soon all home crowds at all NBA arenas will be wearing Warriors colors.

16. Nook

Nook Member

This...... they are a mixture of Lakers and Clippers fans that are bandwagon fans as well as some former Lin fans.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Not if they fall back down to earth next season. You'll only see Curry Only Fans.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

wow...did this really happen. Utter and complete disrespect to the Houston organization. Karma is a B...Hope they get whats coming. Go ROCKETS...#Believe

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Even more ironic, wearing yellow in a sea of red is almost like our Ketchup n' Mustard unis. It's not as if yellow isn't a color the Rockets use.

20. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I bet that nuthugger trying to high five Curry was first in line to get one.