1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors are handing out "Strength in Numbers" shirts at TC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, May 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

I love it!

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually it's not. Smart marketing is about building bridges not coming across as a douche bag brand and creating potential PR disasters.

What on earth does GS hope to accomplish by handing out T-shirts at a visitors venue but to foster bad PR and come across poorly???? Sell more tickets at Oracle arena? Give me a break.

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

nah, just someone who's getting tired of the smugness on Kerr's face and tone whenever he is interviewed. He thinks his team is God's gift to basketball.

That Tshirt move showed no respect to their opponents. Their fans and some players like Draymond Green and Bogut have no class.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Predictable comment from a predictable poster. Glad to see you're a Warriors fan now, DD.

#44 topfive, May 25, 2015
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

It's funny because since we got harden the Warriors have had 1 more win then us in his first year, then were a 1st round out as a 6th seed last year while houstin won 54 games. I mean we haven't done **** either but these guys act like they are the defending champs 3 years running.

6. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Rockets fans should have snagged them all up and trashed them

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

If true and this is what was said before game 3 as well - I think its pretty low for the Warriors to do. If it was fans doing it thats one thing but a team should be respectful of another team's arena and do that. I am sure other teams wouldn't want to do that in their arena also. I am not sure how much good will that will foster for them. I understand that they are probably as excited as they can be as they are the heavy favorites to win the title in what like 40+ years? I don't blame them being super excited for that at all. This just seems a bit classless. Overall I don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things but the organization should be above things like this

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just stay far away from violence....

9. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Did official employees of the Warriors organisation do this for real?

10. malakas

malakas Member

Me too. They should get fined.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Actually our fans should get them and use them to wipe the floor or something, cut them up with holes etc.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If they are handing out free shirts I am taking one. Its a free shirt. The rockets used to be pretty liberal with shirts during T-shirt tosses 5-6 years ago but now other than playoff games they don't throw out as many t-shirts.

I am a basketball fan first I think all the extraneous stuff they do is just that, extraneous. Just root for your team. I mean don't get mad because someone is wearing a different shirt.

13. malakas

malakas Member

It's one thing to see a fan of another team in your arena wearing his team's colors and another to see another teams staff actually HANDING OUT shirts in someone elses' arena.
    The staff is a direct represative of the team and they have crossed some clear boundaries here.
    If it was organised fans, handing out tshirts it would be different. This came straight from their team though.
    Even if the Rockets were some 10 win team the absolute loser with no hope of winning a game, the other team's STAFF should not do that.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It's a shame warrios staff are giving them away to fans who could afford hundred dollar tickets to NBA playoff games. I would have taken them all and passed out to the homeless.

15. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

There's a ton of homeless in the Bay Area too. At least they're taking care of their fans in other cities. :rolleyes:

16. AXG

AXG Member

I want a Warriors shirt..... so I can burn it! Lol

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I completely disagree, it can create a rivalry but it is smart marketing.

But just my op.

DD

18. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

If you met a lakers fan from a few years ago, then you've met a current warriors fan.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lol because I think it is good marketing? Yeah ok.

DD

20. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

It's smart marketing until it becomes bad PR. Weren't you the one talking about bad PR when the social media guy got fired? Good thing GSW is a media darling right now. With the Bay Area's huge gap between rich and poor this could easily become one of those "Rich people get richer" type stories that has been coming out more frequently in the SJ/SF area.

Can someone make an NBA Cares commercial with the Warriors staff handing out free shirts to Houstonians intercut with the homeless in SF?