1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warren Sapp is an embarrassment to football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by El_Conquistador, Nov 25, 2002.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sapp's hit was completly fair, Sherman should have done his battle with Sapp in the press room, not on the field with 7 TV cameras. The Point is, If Chad Clifton gets right back up, None of this happens.

2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Moestavern...are you arguing with yourself? Which side of the argument are you on?

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

No it was not. The link I was making with that comment was one which connected stupidity to a lack of earning power. How is this racist or even unfair for that matter? Race had absolutely nothing to do with my statement, and you know it, Hayes.

[note: I'm not saying that intelligence is the biggest contributor to wealth -- all I'm saying is that ignorance is a large contributor to poverty]

5. NJRocket

Do you really think that Sapp knew they guy was injured to the point of not being able to feel his fingers?

Now, I've never played professional sports, but I'm fairly sure that there are unwritten rules about how you conduct yourself when you know an opponent is seriously hurt (whether its a sprained ankle, or a blown out knee). As much as you think that Warren Sapp is an ass, there is no way he would celebrate another player's injury.

Dont you think just maybe he was celebrating a good block and an interception that was a huge play in a huge game?

6. Nomar

Nomar Member

So both of you would rather be paralyzed and rich than able to walk and not take a **** on yourself but without your life savings.

Riiiiiiiiight.

7. NJRocket

As you would say, your opinion is wrong. That's a ridiculous comment

8. Nomar

Nomar Member

Warren Sapp deserves to die.

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

If it had been someone else I might be on Sapp's side, but this guy has a history of yapping his mouth off to whoever will listen. Everything he does is an act to bring more attention his way.

I'm not sure how Sapp "celebrated," but to me celebrating a block against an unsuspecting player that wasn't near the play and had no effect on the actual play itself is nothing to celebrate about. There's a difference when you celebrate a hit against a QB, because you're usually celebrating a sack or forcing a badpass. When a DB clocks a wide receiver, he has something to celebrate about because he broke up a pass. Sapp had no business celebrating what he did. It was just your typical athlete telling everyone "LOOK AT ME!" Sapp is worse than Terrell Owens.

I think it was the celebration that pissed off Sherman the most, and I totally agree with him 100%. In fact, I admire him for going out there and sticking up for his player. What? Sapp can dish it out, but he can't take it?

#69 DCkid, Nov 25, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2002
  10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Nomar, that's a terrible thing to say. Are you trying to make a point or is this how you truly feel?

11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I`m sure he was celebrating his block which had a major impact on the play.......oh wait it didnt have an impact on the play did it?
    Sapp celebrated for several minutes on the field and on the sideline after the play at which time the player did not get up and play could not resume although Sapp continued to show his prowness for an awesome block 35 yards away from the ball. I have no problem with the hit if it had an impact on the play, but this was simply a case of of a guy head hunting a player that had no bearing on the play at all, was it legal, of course it was, was it a cheap shot, your damn right it was.

12. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

This is football for Pete Sake, do ya'll watch it? When the defenses get INTs this stuff happens all the time because this is DLs one chance to lay a lick on the OLs (or pretty much QBs now too) that have been targeting them play after play. Was it unneccesary, sure, was it illegal, was it aimed at his head, was it aimed at his knee, did he lead with his helmut, "NO" to all of them. I agree with Tom Jackson on ESPN--someone who played pro football. The coach should leave it up to the players--the coaches are supposed to be the cool heads in this--Sherman was not and he has apologized for it. It is football. Sapp hasn't gone after Sherman after like 8 years of blocks by Sherman's players at his knee's. Also, you didn't see Brett Farve or other Packers confront Sapp--in fact Sapp and Farve practically embraced. Either Sherman reacted inappropriately after the game or Farve and every other Packer player is a wuss not backing up his teammates--you decide.

Isn't the internet great, because if you said that to someone like Sapp in real life I be b****ing about paying for your SS disability .

13. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Netmuscles from another virtual punk.

14. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

I'd also be complaining about having to pay for Sapp to sit in prison for assault.

15. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Rockss,

Again the reason they specifically DO NOT set somekind of 'within so many yards of the ball' rule is because the play can always reverse back in direction. And the OL was running toward the play, tracking the ball (if he was just jogging around he would have seen Sapp coming). Although the OL was hurt, there is no way for Sapp to reasonably tell if he gave the guy a concussion, which most would think of as a 'bonecrushing' hit or some such, and him loosing feeling, which you never hear ANY player wish for on the field.

The stigma attached to welfare as the 'undeserving' or 'ignorant' poor is most often linked to african-americans in right wing rhetoric. In this example you make fun of his speech, and then you say he would be on welfare if he couldn't play football. You put all that in the context of defining what a 'thug' is, which is rarely a label attached to whites. I don't think its a reach to connect the dots, even if you don't realize it.

NJRocket,

I would ask for your reasoning on the subject but I know from our other encounter that you have no ability to make a coherent point. I'm sure TJ can defend himself without your 'help.'

16. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

You are DEAD WRONG, junior -- but thanks for telling me what I really *meant* with my comment....yawn...

I most definitely associate the stigma of undeserving and ignorant to those on welfare, however this is done independent of race. If you have thoroughly read and dissected my previous classic posts on this BBS, you would know that I am not a big proponent of anyone who doesn't contribute to the economy. Nice attempt at labeling right wingers as racist though.

Hayes, you've really turned sour after the midterms.

all my best

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Some of you guys are crazy.

There's soooo many things that go on during a game that y'all would call "cheap" but you just don't see.

Sapp receives as much as he dishes out (think punches to the face).

I don't think anyone was right or wrong.

Sapp was playing to the cameras...some of y'all need to recognize that.

That wasn't a cheap play and it won't get fined, my opinion.

Sherman is entitled to his cussing (and he did cuss) and so is Sapp.

If some of y'all met in met in real life, I wonder how many people would act so rude.

I'd be so pissed and kicking some serious ass...no lie. Refman wouldn't even be able to hold me LOL.

18. NJRocket

Maybe you should go buh-bye before you lose another argument.

At least now I know for sure you are an ass. Why else would you incite a race riot in a thread about a football game.

19. NJRocket

Hayes is a student? No wonder he thinks he has all the answers. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Hey Hayes...argue with me when you hit the real world buddy. Now run along to recess thesis boy.

20. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

No, Hayes is a consultant. I was referring to the midterm elections in which the American voters delivered a powerful mandate to the Republican leadership.